Thread: Exploiting now the norm rather than the exception | Forums

Exploiting now the norm rather than the exception

After two failed attempts at matchmaking and getting kicked out of groups for not wanting to exploit, curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to find out about this exploit and what the hell everyone is talking about. So I tried it and it was the most god-awful thing I did. After 10 minutes of trying to get through the wall and another 20 or so minutes of sticky bombing the ATV it was all said and done. Felt pretty dirty and cheap, so when I got my stuff, I dismantled it and thankfully they weren't that good. Somehow, my 240 backpack was worse stat wise than my 183 backpack, so I wasn't even tempted. Still got phoenix credits and stuff, so I'm not saying I didn't benefit from it at all, but honestly I could have done three speed runs on Lexington and gotten more than twice as many phoenix credits.

Anyway, I left the group and tried to find another legit match to no avail. Got pretty ****ing sick of it and logged off. I'm sure I'm INCREDIBLY unlucky and it's only a single day, but I'd like to get feedback on how viral this is from everyone else. Same thing with the 8 man or more runs. I did a few for ****s and giggles, but there you at least you ran around and killed enemies... not SPAM TWO ****ING POWERS at something that doesn't attack you back. Even with the 8 man runs, when I wanted to play legit, people would just leave left and right.

I'm no saint as I'll openly use exploits like double revive, but when THE END GAME has literally gotten to **** like this it's pretty ****ing sad. Good gear's supposed to mean you put the time and effort AND you've gotten really good at the game. There's a level of respect when you see someone geared up as you know they've been battle tested. That doesn't mean their MLG, but they know what the **** they're doing.

I beat the Hard mode once a day with randoms nonetheless and it gave me a sense of accomplishment. When I meet a new group of people, they're usually excited to have me along because most groups have tried, but not succeeded in completing the hard mode. Now I'm seeing people with 200 gear scores and DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TO TURN OFF THE ****ING TURRETS. HAHAHA. I only know this because I was talking to someone during the exploit and he NEVER PASSED WAVE THREE!!!

Sorry, I've defended the game up to this point despite all it's glaring flaws, but you can't have a glitch of this magnitude for YOUR ****ING END GAME and not get it fixed within hours. Disable mobile cover completely if you have to. If this was WOW, they would shut down the servers until it gets fixed.

Anyway, rant over... continue exploit and wrecking under geared players in the Dark Zone 'cuz of your badassery

I started a thread about this exact same thing. I tried for a long time last night to get a group and couldn't. They just all wanted to exploit. I couldn't stand it. I refuse to cheat so I guess i wont be doing the incursion this week.

Yeah, like I said, I'm not a saint as I've done 2 or 3 runs with the 8 man run exploit, but at least that was fun, especially when your group decides to melee everything instead of shoot. The thing is, I didn't actually run challenges faster than with my usual 4 man group of friends which averaged 10 min for Lexington. We actually completed a run in 8 min. I'm sure people here have run it faster. I'm sorry, but if you're fully geared at 180 and you still NEED to matchmake for 8 players just to run it... then you just SUCK, so thank god that was patched. I usually average 15 min without a wipe even with randoms. Just the other day, when Lexington was a daily I was with two sub 150 players and we got through it in under 20 so no big deal.

That's the thing... they saw my gear score and assumed I knew what I was doing... and I did. All the tricks... go to the left on the roof, take out the two snipers on each side in the big room, where all the enemy spawns are, etc. Now when they fix this Incursion bug and I'm teamed with a player with a gear score of 200 when I finally get up that high, I have an expectation that they know how to run it. Now I even doubt they'll know the basic mechanics. UHHHH... YOU MEAN THERES TURRETS YOU TURN OFF???... OOOHHHH... I KNEW THAT!!!

Pretty ****ing sad... worth some server downtime if you ask me.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the whole thing took at least half an hour! I completed my first Incursion in 40 minutes, so the time investment wasn't even that great. I'm sure I'll get much faster with time, experience, and better gear. Sorry, I'd rather kill **** and have fun with the game.

Originally Posted by MelMan0227 Go to original post
    If this was WOW, they would shut down the servers until it gets fixed.
    This.

But sadly, this is not WOW, neither Massive is Blizzard. Shutting down the servers and fix all these things may angry your players today, but save your game's tomorrow. It's a real shame, because the game really rocks.

sounds lIke OP cheated and feels bad about it. sorry to tell you man but you're part of the problem. wether you exploited falcon lost once or 100 times makes no difference in my opinion. i can't begin to count the posts ffrom people that are complaining about people cheating when they themselves cheated as well. seems kinda hypocritical.

i dont cheat and dont see a reason to. if i did i wouldn't be coming here to talk about how i did it and that i think its terrible people are exploiting it. anyone ever heard by leading by example??

hey OP, you're a dirty cheater just like the rest of them. had your lvl240 backpack had better stats you would've kept it, dont make it seem like you didn't get anything and therefore didn't benefit from cheating.

Getting rather tired of cheaters in this game.
    Was just running about in the DZ, rogue came running at me, so I pop my stuff and start shooting him. The bastard runs up a wall through it then proceeds to run away and heal up.....not really amused by this.

We are working on fixing the exploit. Obviously it is against our Code of Conduct and the team is looking into what can be done in terms of punishment for those who have exploited.

If you want to review our Code of Conduct: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ode-of-Conduct

Originally Posted by L3viAThaNz Go to original post
    This.

But sadly, this is not WOW, neither Massive is Blizzard. Shutting down the servers and fix all these things may angry your players today, but save your game's tomorrow. It's a real shame, because the game really rocks.
    It does, and I'm not usually a complainer. I'm not going to drop this game because of this, partly because I have a lot of friends (real life and through xbox) who are on at any given moment and are a blast to play with. This just leaves a really bad taste. Unfortunately some people on my xbox friends list have been spamming this exploit, so I haven't played with them lately.

Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft Go to original post
    We are working on fixing the exploit. Obviously it is against our Code of Conduct and the team is looking into what can be done in terms of punishment for those who have exploited.

If you want to review our Code of Conduct: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ode-of-Conduct
    I'm glad to see you are fixing the exploit, but seriously upset because you are actually blaming US for your badly coded game. Are you going to punish every Double Revive, every Perma-healing mask, and every other aspect of this game that doesn't work as intended and becomes an advantage for the players?

I think you should put you efforts on avoid present and future situations like these, because exploits will happen on this and every other game.

Originally Posted by phoreman Go to original post
    sounds lIke OP cheated and feels bad about it. sorry to tell you man but you're part of the problem. wether you exploited falcon lost once or 100 times makes no difference in my opinion. i can't begin to count the posts ffrom people that are complaining about people cheating when they themselves cheated as well. seems kinda hypocritical.

i dont cheat and dont see a reason to. if i did i wouldn't be coming here to talk about how i did it and that i think its terrible people are exploiting it. anyone ever heard by leading by example??

hey OP, you're a dirty cheater just like the rest of them. had your lvl240 backpack had better stats you would've kept it, dont make it seem like you didn't get anything and therefore didn't benefit from cheating.
    You're right, I should have left in the middle of it, so I'll take that. One of the guys on the team was someone I really enjoy chatting and playing with, so that's why I stuck around. You'll just have to take my word that I'd ultimately would have not kept my gear, but I'd rather not get into a character debate on the internet.

I'm certainly not proud of it, but I've done worse things in life as I'm sure you have also. ;-)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►