Thread: Deactivate the incursion already! | Forums

We are working on fixing the exploit. Obviously it is against our Code of Conduct and the team is looking into what can be done in terms of punishment for those who have exploited.

If you want to review our Code of Conduct: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ode-of-Conduct

Just think yourselves lucky that these "developers" only make games. We'd be up **** street if they wrote nuclear power station or missile guidance software.

Originally Posted by TelijahP Go to original post
    Just shut the thing off until you can fix it. How can it be in their best interest to leave it up for ANY amount of time? Can someone with experience shed some light on why they might be leaving the incursion up while everyone is exploiting it?
    sorry mate but exploiting it it WAY more fun than doing it legit.. i did it both ways.. and with that atrocious lag , there is now ay i am going to bother to play this legit a second time.. i just dislike .
    - not being able to reload
    - cant see grenade effects
    - enemies teleporting
    - enemies not taking damage

etc etc etc..

and on plus: for THAT crapy "reward" ? all of my set items are WAY WAY worse than my 183 items i already had.. none of them is better in a SINGLE stat.. and the "bonusses" are crappy, too.. nah i keep my 183 yellows... the set items just wont do it..

Originally Posted by rupp1981 Go to original post
    Really is that the attitude of gamers today,
    "Boohoo it's to hard so ill cheat" **** me what a stupid thing to say or even think. If ****s to hard get better and do a little leg work. Don't be a ***** and cheat
    I remember the screams that shotgunnerd in challenge mode where to hard and now most can run them with eyes closed.
    Makes me sad to see what has become of games and how easy they are all getting
    there is a difference between "its hard" and "weapons jams", "cant reload" "enemy teleporting" "no damage dealt" etc.see the difference in spelling ? its DIFFERENT .. so if they would fix the lag , yes, i am all in.. but sticking to cover, jumping in a total different direction than the stick is pushed to and damage range between 1 and 3 magazines for the same enemy .. nah' i'll pass.. and unless they start to have a REAL discussion with the players to adress the horrible lag issue.. i am all in for shortcuts.. while they can happily take my set items since they are max crap anyway.. -.- sadly..

Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft Go to original post
    We are working on fixing the exploit. Obviously it is against our Code of Conduct and the team is looking into what can be done in terms of punishment for those who have exploited.

If you want to review our Code of Conduct: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ode-of-Conduct
    I really like this game (I played Destiny since Alpha, but prefer this game now).

When the patch came out, I knew from the state of the game podcast that I could get incursion loot once a week, so I focused on doing the daily / weekly assignments to get enough Phoenix Credits to buy the 2 striker gear blueprints from the BoO vendor to gear up a bit first, then today before reset I was going to do an incursion.

Now it seems I'd have been better just exploiting incursions all week, and I'm behind all these hyper-geared people in PvP now.

I've also been slowly grinding up to DZ 75 (I'm at 57 now), to get the Aug and the M1A, but can't do that now, as the blueprints are going away now. The Aug and the M1A are my 2 weapons that I've been using for weeks, I have a level 30 Aug and a level 30 purple M1A, which really drops my gear score, but I want to keep using them.

Last night I was actually asking myself do I really want to play this game anymore? It's OK if there are goals to attain over time, but when exploiting / cheating is what everyone is doing to keep up with everyone else, it's not fun. And we will have to keep up, as that's the way LFG groups work.

mcpw's Avatar Junior Member

You know what else is against the code of conduct? Hacking. Played against a hacker last night that was reported over a week ago with video evidence. Why don't you properly test your code before you release it to hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of explorative gamers and then punish them for finding problems with your shoddy work?

As someone that has done the incursion both ways on hard, I will say that dealing out a punishment to players blindly is ********. I have never read the terms, theyre never referenced in the game, Im never warned anywhere. The only reason I knew hacking was wrong was because I read about on forums. Ive played many games with third party mods, and at first I thought thats what was going on. After reading many a heated discussion, I now realize that is not the same thing.

But now Im reading that you consider your faulty code to be on US, as players? Am I to be punished for using a mask that regens constantly having no idea why for the first day? What about the reckless talent? Or running on the side of a mission area to avoid mobs? Likewise, using nothing but the code you wrote and the ****ty collision detection on walls and doors is tantamount to getting infinite lives in Super Mario Bros by timing a jump on a turtle shell right. If you code something in a half-assed way or refuse to remove the mobile-glitch-cover, then force an in-game pop up that players must acknowledge about using exploits. Then EVERYONE is on notice and the punishments you decide on will be fair.

This guy says it much more eloquently:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision..._blaming_your/

Originally Posted by Xarian7 Go to original post
    You get one 240 a week legit right..

So anyone that has more than one already..... it's that simple to catch.

I have a feeling rope is being tossed out.. (enough rope theory) do you make a noose.. or build a legit ladder with it to climb up.
    the perfect honeypot.

I just think they didn't expect this level of abuse.. it would cause a few discusions.. when over half the playerbase (it seems) has broken the ToS.. what do you do that keeps the corporate heads happy... hey rock.. meet hard place..

I'd start at the core of the problem, those with enough evidence.. provided by themselves.. for a right spanking.. i'd call up utube & twitch management and have a official discussion on how one can help the other.. set a example for all those that follow.. let the exploiters sweat for a bit.. watch the numbers closley.. take action on those that didn't listen to kind words and crapped on your IP like it was yesterdays newspaper.

But.. that's just me..
    I don't think this is true. I heard you can join others, that have NOT done the Challenging mode already and get drops. Same goes for hard mode. If the person who is the leader of the group has not done the Incursion, you can join and get the same rewards.

I haven't been able to run this since it was put in the game all it does is reload the game over and over the second i try to enter falcon lost .. and yet no fix announced what so ever

This is a joke right? You probably should have had a punishment system implemented on day one. People on consoles that can't run aimbots should just receive a really Stern message when they log in. It happens again and then give them a ban. You will curve 99% of the exploiting that is happening with your shoddy and slow programming skills. It took how long to make this game? I absolutely love this game and enjoy spending my nights killing in the DZ. Patch the problems right now or just close the incursion. Hard mode doing it the right way wasn't bad. Challenging mode looks to be easier just cheesing it. Plenty of twitch accounts to reaffirm that. It's also funny that the division LFG page is slam packed full of requests looking for 30-40k skill power to cheese your "highly anticipated" incursion. I have a feeling that your naughty list will be huge.

But seriously keep up the good fight and let's get this stuff fixed now. Patch the cheese and then activity in the DZ will pick up. The competition for green drops in the DZ will get better.

On a serious side note, expand the DZ or add an area that randomly generates a new map every 24 hours. We would love to see it all scrambled up. Add fog of war on the player map until you actually discover the location.