Finally have to ask....

Is using glitches ok. I have been a very supportive fan of this game as past comments will show, but I have come to the conclusion that for my avaliable play time I should start using the glitches. Ubisoft continues to stand by quietly and not throw down permabans on individuals they can clearly see on their records of glitching the system. There's posted videos even online.

I'm not trying to join in on the continual Ubisoft/Massive bashing on these forums, however I feel you are truly disrespecting people like me who continue to support you financially and physically. I would never say something stupid and threaten to quit the game, but I will stop visiting these forums and defending you all the while helping promote this game.

Sorry for the rant it just gets tiring seeing the old saying cheaters never win proven wrong over and over again.

Tizodd's Avatar Senior Member
    They not only "stand by quietly", they actually celebrate glitchers.

They celebrated all the Bullet King exploiters here:
    http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com...m:148-76770-32

I'd honestly say go ahead and exploit. You might get some kind of reward from Ubisoft.

Evillpig's Avatar Senior Member
    No, its the same as cheating just really hard to get caught doing them.

Kyosji's Avatar Senior Member
    It depends on the glitch. Glitches like the bullet king and the mask are celebrated because, although not intended, it was available to the public without actually breaking the game. Think of the loot cave in Destiny.

Glitches that require you to actively take action to break through a portion of a game, such as using the shield to go through walls, or outside of the playable map so you can get basically unlimited DZ exp, no. Those are usually frowned on, as you're breaking the barriers of the game to do it.

Using exploits is against the code of conduct, so no, it's not OK.

We know that we have to act a lot more strongly towards players who use exploits, and we are working on that.

Tizodd's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by KyosjiKenji Go to original post
    It depends on the glitch. Glitches like the bullet king and the mask are celebrated because, although not intended, it was available to the public without actually breaking the game. Think of the loot cave in Destiny.

Glitches that require you to actively take action to break through a portion of a game, such as using the shield to go through walls, or outside of the playable map so you can get basically unlimited DZ exp, no. Those are usually frowned on, as you're breaking the barriers of the game to do it.
    There's no difference between the Bullet King exploit and using mobile cover to go through a wall. Both are "not intended", and both are "available to the public without breaking the game".

And I don't buy anyone's lie that they believed the Bullet King exploit wasn't an exploit. Killing a named mob and deliberately leaving his lackeys alive so he would respawn, is clearly an exploit to anyone with half a brain.

Originally Posted by Evillpig Go to original post
    No, its the same as cheating just really hard to get caught doing them.
    LOL nowhere near the same as cheating.

Taken from a previous response:

A bug or glitch in the game is considered a game mechanic. You cannot be blamed for taking advantage of a game mechanic for your own personal gain. This is not cheating. This is clever use of game mechanics. It's just like getting the score run up in sports. If you don't like it, do something about it - aka - fix it. This is on the developers and game creators, not the players for taking advantage of a mechanic to get an advantage. This is not cheating. This is not using an outside source to gain an unfair advantage. This is not an exploit. It's a hole in code, that has been abused for months now with the mobile cover that they have chosen to not look closer at.

Stop trying to make it something it's not. It's not a players fault for using the path of least resistance. You're not going to walk 10 miles up a steep incline to get to the other side when you can cut through the middle and get there in half the time.

In before, you take advantage of glitches and exploits. I'm Gear Score 172 and haven't even played the incursion at all. Stop taking up for the problem and be part of the solution. Use it to your advantage or quit.

Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft Go to original post
    Using exploits is against the code of conduct, so no, it's not OK.

We know that we have to act a lot more strongly towards players who use exploits, and we are working on that.
    Thank you for the reply. That's all I am asking is that you atleast try and place some sort of punishment in place for the future. Atleast try and make an example out of the ones posted how to videos online.

Kyosji's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Tizodd Go to original post
    There's no difference between the Bullet King exploit and using mobile cover to go through a wall. Both are "not intended", and both are "available to the public without breaking the game".

And I don't buy anyone's lie that they believed the Bullet King exploit wasn't an exploit. Killing a named mob and deliberately leaving his lackeys alive so he would respawn, is clearly an exploit to anyone with half a brain.
    I didn't say it was OK to do. Was just saying why it was 'celebrated' as you put it. Even developers and moderators can have a sense of humor when things don't work right.

Originally Posted by Col-Death Go to original post
    LOL nowhere near the same as cheating.

Taken from a previous response:

A bug or glitch in the game is considered a game mechanic. You cannot be blamed for taking advantage of a game mechanic for your own personal gain. This is not cheating. This is clever use of game mechanics. It's just like getting the score run up in sports. If you don't like it, do something about it - aka - fix it. This is on the developers and game creators, not the players for taking advantage of a mechanic to get an advantage. This is not cheating. This is not using an outside source to gain an unfair advantage. This is not an exploit. It's a hole in code, that has been abused for months now with the mobile cover that they have chosen to not look closer at.

Stop trying to make it something it's not. It's not a players fault for using the path of least resistance. You're not going to walk 10 miles up a steep incline to get to the other side when you can cut through the middle and get there in half the time.

In before, you take advantage of glitches and exploits. I'm Gear Score 172 and haven't even played the incursion at all. Stop taking up for the problem and be part of the solution. Use it to your advantage or quit.
    I'm sorry but we will have to agree to disagree. Now I will agree with the Lexington 4 yellow drops that that is not cheating. You were unable to play the game and not cheat. But knowing full well you could run the academy correctly or choose to cheat the system is wrong. Just my opinion though and I am old enough to know everyone has one.