Thread: Game Speed Issues (VIDEO) | Forums

justinman114's Avatar Senior Member

Game Speed Issues (VIDEO)

So I finally made a video detailing the game speed issues I encounter on a daily basis. The video quality is garbage but should at least convey what I experience. I could not use a screen recorder because when I do, the recordings come out perfectly normal even though I'm playing at double or half speed. I do some live commentary on this with a webcam attached to my hat, so please excuse the absolute ghettoness of the video.

All in all, I know I'm in the minority of people who experience this, but I really would love an option to turn off the moving sprites on tracks. Spinning saws, burning fire, etc. Even the coin animation on checkpoints. None of those things seem necessary to me. It's probably too much to ask but I just wanted to finally make the video just to have. "Enjoy" lol.

Also, I am aware that this could have something to do with my device (Samsung Galaxy S3) but I also know that the device works fine with every other game I play, and even on about half of the tracks in this game. Sometimes I can play for an hour straight with no issues, but on tracks like these, I get minutes or even seconds before all hell breaks loose.

flooodi-TFG's Avatar Senior Member
    Nice, you did the job for me. I have been planning to do same kind of a video.
    It seems that you have even more slowdowns and speedups than me, so it was better that you did it

I could also add the now working accelerate and lean buttons issue also to the video.

hs46's Avatar Member
    Same problem here. It's the game not your deivce.
    I have LG G3 + Samasung Tab4 tablet 10"

It's annoying that there's no way around it as well!
    Thank you for the video

Mine Nexus 7 does the same from time to time. So I don't play on those days, when tablet isn't in mood (mostly, when it's hot or has just been unplugged from a charger).

I kind of wish I waited like 1 more day to do the video, as I finally got the PB I wanted in Snowman Haven and now I'm working on Fest Mine. Fest Mine is an absolute joke lol. Just speeding up and slowing down every few seconds, and it starts right away, not even after a few minutes. Too much movement!

FatalDragon69's Avatar Senior Member
    Sorry to hear that the speed issue is effecting you that much mate !!

Try playing without any of the Battery Saver features running and obviously turn everything else off that might be running in the background (also clearing the RAM before starting helps) but the main thing I've found to help is.....If you can play outside OR with a small fan blowing fresh air against the phone this will help to keep it cooler thus reducing the overheating which then suppresses the speed issues for longer, I generally play outside now when I have a smoke (I don't smoke in my house anymore) and I've found that I can usually play for as long as I want without any speed issues because of the fresh air keeping my phone cool.....Thought I'd mention it to ya mate !!

Also, it might be like you said, that the Galaxy S3 isn't liking the game so much anymore as it's had a lot of updates since the game came out thus pulling a lot more on the processor, I play on a Galaxy S4 and the speed issue only happens every now and then but when it does I've been playing for quite a while before it effects the gameplay !!

One last thing.....I've also been told that with the Galaxy phones it helps keep the phone a little cooler by having the game saved only on the phone itself and not on an external microSD card.....This helps with the more graphically intense games, so I've heard, and that's how I run mine ok !?

!! Hope this Helps !!

xitooner's Avatar Senior Member
    Suspect your video might be a little clearer if you took the camera off your head. . . the combined hand/head movement may blur things more... but its still pretty clear you have a real issue!

On IOS I have to occasionally restart the game (happens more in recent releases) because the game sometimes starts to seriously lag. . .and once it starts, it doesnt go away as I move from track to track. I never get speed-ups though... so weird to see both occur on the same track. Like you said, its does look like the devices graphics engine just cant keep up with the framerate for ceratin kinds of special affects . . .

I always disliked the coins flying....I would be very happy to have an option to turn off the non-essential graphics like fire, spinning blades, coins, etc. As the IOS devices get older and the game gets more intense on new hardware/devices... it seems like an easy compromise for the developers to allow.

Originally Posted by justinman114 Go to original post
    I kind of wish I waited like 1 more day to do the video, as I finally got the PB I wanted in Snowman Haven and now I'm working on Fest Mine. Fest Mine is an absolute joke lol. Just speeding up and slowing down every few seconds, and it starts right away, not even after a few minutes. Too much movement!
    Did anything I mentioned before help with your speed issues at-all mate ??

Originally Posted by FatalDragon69 Go to original post
    Did anything I mentioned before help with your speed issues at-all mate ??
    Well cooling the phone down usually helps, but the problem is on some of these tracks, I get the issues even when the phone is already cool. I regularly clear my cache and RAM and I don't have a ton of other apps installed on my phone, especially not big ones like this. I use 1 widget if that matters, and it's a clock lol. I dunno. It's just a hassle to deal with but I deal with it I guess. Just gets frustrating because I end up spending way more time on any given track than I need to. Some tracks are far worse than others.

Originally Posted by justinman114 Go to original post
    Well cooling the phone down usually helps, but the problem is on some of these tracks, I get the issues even when the phone is already cool. I regularly clear my cache and RAM and I don't have a ton of other apps installed on my phone, especially not big ones like this. I use 1 widget if that matters, and it's a clock lol. I dunno. It's just a hassle to deal with but I deal with it I guess. Just gets frustrating because I end up spending way more time on any given track than I need to. Some tracks are far worse than others.
    Sorry to hear that mate, it sounds like it's to do with the Galaxy S3 not being able to handle all of the graphical content that the game has running on most tracks now-a-days, it doesn't even sound like any of the Game Booster Apps would help to smooth things for you, so unfortunately the only thing to do is to upgrade a few models at some point (If you like the Galaxys like me then the Galaxy 5,6 or even 7 will be a lot better) the new 7 has a dedicated Graphics card etc. and runs differently when you're playing a game and stops all other unnecessary apps and programs etc. from running to enable the smoothest gameplay.....It's something new that Samsung has done for gaming on this model, my brother has one and they're quality, but they're a tad expensive at the mo' so wait a few months and the price will come down !!

Just thought I'd mention it.....Hope you get sorted soon !!