Thread: PCThe division keeps randomly crashing. | Forums

Solved!

I solved the problem by turning off Enable Directx 12 Rendering in Options -> Video.
     1 people found this helpful

UbiSc0ttie's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by modpr0be Go to original post
    I solved the problem by turning off Enable Directx 12 Rendering in Options -> Video.
    @modpr0be , glad to hear your issue has been resolved!

- Scottie

I was unable to even launch the division until i reduced my games graphic settings through Geforce experience could not even go with optimal settings had to go 2 further back on the settings scale in order to launch the game, last year before the alpha testing i could run the game on full and dx 12 enabled after i removed the alpha and reinstalled my windows, then for a short period of time i could play the game on max again, until i had played some uplay games and uninstalled them again then my troubles started up again with the division crashing on opening the game and when it was going to load in my agent screen selection part it would either freeze the pc or crash the game.

So something seems to be the cause on uplay with the uninstall of games and that it causes a corruption to only the division for me, did the manual change of directx 12 to 11 through note pad use and was unable to launch the game even with that alteration and it was not until i did the reduced optimal settings i could succesfully launch the game and play.

Processor: i7-6700K not clocked standard 4.00GHz
    RAM: 16GB
    GFX: GTX 1080 Asus Strix 8GB OC edition

So should be able to run the game no issue with everything at max.

UbiSailorScout's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi John_Wick117! If you continue to have crashing issues, please submit your MSINFO and dxdiag files on a ticket, then reply back with your ticket number.

Originally Posted by UbiSailorScout Go to original post
    Hi John_Wick117! If you continue to have crashing issues, please submit your MSINFO and dxdiag files on a ticket, then reply back with your ticket number.
    As i wrote in my comment i was able to launch the game and it is stable with reduced settings and no dx12, however my pc can run the game on max normally when i have a fresh windows installment and newly installed games, but once i remove a game from Uplay i am unable to run The Division on max settings anymore with out the crashes was not even able to launch the game tried the usual verify files and reinstall the different background based visual drivers dx and geforce and such if something had gotten corrupted that way.

And i was making a remark that maybe something gets removed that only seems to effect The division game since my other uplay game AC odyssey works just fine no crashes on max settings, and i am able to play the settlers game as well no issue but running the division on max settings not even with dx12 enabled even that is enough to cause the game to crash again.

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I am glad you were able to get the game to launch. Currently, we recommend disabling DX12 if you have it enabled. But you did mention you were able to run it with no dx12.

Hello,

your first link is nothing.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...-The-Division?

Unfortunately it is no longer possible. Are you able to give it to us?

I had used it once and wanted to see it. Unfortunately it is no longer possible. Are you able to give it to us?

Sorry double post.

@Drakman_ That thread is apparently no longer available. Please see this FAQ for assistance.

i have been having the same issues but i've done everything as requested .https://pastebin.com/HPcx5Bmq