Thread: To unbalanced | Forums

  1. #1

    To unbalanced

    I've played all Might and Magic since the third and consider myself experienced. But this time I think it's way to unbalanced. Something's off.

    First I got stuck at mission 3 in heaven campaign. Have no idea how to defeat the massive army coming to town.

    And now at mission 2 with Wysloth I meet an army so strong that it's laughable in week 4 already. What the hell is going on here? I don't mind challenging, but why is it impossible on 'normal'?

    I'm almost giving up on this game and putting it to the grave. Shame, coz it's my favourite franchise.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Dont worry,they just make all so worst with HOMM6.HOMM7 is going more so worst with each patch and more unbalanced.And for the end HOMM browser game now is really is bad with less and less player and weak support!!! But they just dont care till in this world stay one single person to buy this game
    Share this post

  3. #3
    And yet people keep complaining over and over again that the game is far too easy. This is not necessarily the case in some scenarios in the main-story campaign, where some enemy heroes are given ridiculously large armies from the start. I remember only beating one of them because I realized that the massively powerful enemy hero that showed up at the beginning of the game refused to attack my towns if there was an average hero in them, so I lead him around like a dog with a piece of meat: oh look, the hero moved out of this town, come and get it. Nope, whoops, he came back: now you need to turn around and go toward the other town that the other hero just left... nope, he just went back into that town, turn around and go back to the first.... etc, back and forth, laughably, until enough time passed that I built up a large enough army to defeat him. If it wasn't for being lucky and catching the incredibly stupid AI in between two towns like that, I wouldn't have been able to complete that scenario... I wonder if that's the one you're stuck on too.

    Despite those rare few challenging scenarios in some of the campaigns, most of the game is too easy--steam-rolling over everything, surprised if I lose a single creature in any of the battles.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    It's the Sylvan Campaign, mission 2. Could be the one. You have to go through a blockade.
    Anyway, I just tried it on 'Easy' mode and the exact same army came at me. More than 40 Centaurs - 20 of them masters and a sea of orcs and other stuff. It's ridiculous. I'm dead in round 2. Unplayable game.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by BubblewrapBoy Go to original post
    It's the Sylvan Campaign, mission 2. Could be the one. You have to go through a blockade.
    Anyway, I just tried it on 'Easy' mode and the exact same army came at me. More than 40 Centaurs - 20 of them masters and a sea of orcs and other stuff. It's ridiculous. I'm dead in round 2. Unplayable game.
    The Sylvan campaign was the first one I played... it was long enough ago I don't remember the specifics. Maybe try to avoid the hero, or fight him from within a town? Sometimes avoiding tough battles is the only way you can succeed. Those centaurs are a heck of alot tougher than they look--they're brutal.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Antalyan's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ashan
    Posts
    687
    Originally Posted by BubblewrapBoy Go to original post
    I've played all Might and Magic since the third and consider myself experienced. But this time I think it's way to unbalanced. Something's off.

    First I got stuck at mission 3 in heaven campaign. Have no idea how to defeat the massive army coming to town.

    And now at mission 2 with Wysloth I meet an army so strong that it's laughable in week 4 already. What the hell is going on here? I don't mind challenging, but why is it impossible on 'normal'?

    I'm almost giving up on this game and putting it to the grave. Shame, coz it's my favourite franchise.
    This is maybe the only mission where the AI is at least a bit challenging ... but only at the beginning of the mission.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by shepherdmoon Go to original post
    Maybe try to avoid the hero, or fight him from within a town? Sometimes avoiding tough battles is the only way you can succeed..
    Problem is they usually catch me on a boat just coming out of the black cloud. I can't stay in the town. Have to go explore, right? Else there would be no point to this game.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by BubblewrapBoy Go to original post
    Problem is they usually catch me on a boat just coming out of the black cloud. I can't stay in the town. Have to go explore, right? Else there would be no point to this game.
    Ah, OK. I don't remember how I did it. You may just want to chill out at home and wait till your army is larger before exploring where you met that hero.
    Share this post