Does anyone remember 1942 Pacific Air War?In Il2 FB/AEP I really miss the colorful menus with all sorts of small details that gave the feeling of beeing there in the 1940sThe blackboard with list of pilots, mission description etc.Or the Secret Weapons Of the Luftwaffe- pilots joolding maps,etc can't remember exactly.Few days ago I played B17 th Mighty Eight - the squadd camp.There are lovely menus with all sorts of things - the commander's office, planes and other stuff.....I'd love to see it in PF,just like it was done ion EAW....and the 1942 PAW style camp....

Does anyone remember 1942 Pacific Air War?In Il2 FB/AEP I really miss the colorful menus with all sorts of small details that gave the feeling of beeing there in the 1940sThe blackboard with list of pilots, mission description etc.Or the Secret Weapons Of the Luftwaffe- pilots joolding maps,etc can't remember exactly.Few days ago I played B17 th Mighty Eight - the squadd camp.There are lovely menus with all sorts of things - the commander's office, planes and other stuff.....I'd love to see it in PF,just like it was done ion EAW....and the 1942 PAW style camp....

Both PAW 1942 and TF 1942 were excellent simulation/strategy/tactics games. In some ways they have not been equaled since. One of the "fun" features was the ability to skip around amongst the planes in a squadron, giving for example more than one shot at dive bombing that "carrier". The ability to replay some historic battles at both the admiral and fighter/bomber level was quite interesting.

Yep...and the same thing with te Rowan's Battle Of Britain-it has great camp system.....

PAW will always be my favorite sim, Too bad there's no way to get it run properly on anything more than 486.

PAW was cool but the canned missions killed it.

I always played with the "If I die I start over" mentality. That lent itself to Aces of the pacific. You could start anywhwere anytime over and over.

PAW was linear...cool, but linear. I will always remember it as " the manual" I took on my Jamaican vacation!

MK2aw