Thread: Temporary Fix: Far Cry Primal: Error 88500014 | Forums

Temporary Fix: Far Cry Primal: Error 88500014

I had this error, and I managed to fix it by allowing Far Cry: Primal access to the internet via the Firewall (for me, Bitdefender Total Security 2016) so these settings will be different for your firewall if you use something other than Bitdefender.

How to fix it
    :

For Bitdefender users, open the app and go to Firewall, then to Rules and Add a rule. Do this twice for the following files (this will not compromise your security, just allow the files to access the internet:

Make sure you have Allow selected too:

Close all the Bitdefender Windows and launch the game and it should work (if you still have issues, do the same for the uPlay.exe too)

As you can see, it now works for me:

I may have spoken too soon. As the game loaded, you hear voices and it just hangs and does nothing. So basically back to square one. Did this fix work for you?

I have same antivirus too , adding rules doesn t fix anything , same error.

It fixed the start-up error for me, but just now hangs when loading...

I click New Game, see the loading bar at the bottom, once it reaches the end, I hear a male and female voice for a few seconds, then nothing. Just sits on that screen with the music playing in the background.

Spent all morning trying to get this game to work. Probably going to give up and never buy a Ubisoft game again.

Skabb15's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by michaelmknight Go to original post
    It fixed the start-up error for me, but just now hangs when loading...

I click New Game, see the loading bar at the bottom, once it reaches the end, I hear a male and female voice for a few seconds, then nothing. Just sits on that screen with the music playing in the background.

Spent all morning trying to get this game to work. Probably going to give up and never buy a Ubisoft game again.
    Aww, thats too bad superman, maybe next time make sure you didnt drop the person you were supposed to rescue before you go shouting that you saved them?

Tried the game on various settings.

Full screen, Borderless, Windowed, high, normal and low settings and it still wont load. Just sits on this screen doing nothing.

RukaziSintakumo's Avatar Junior Member
    Hey there,

I have the same antivirus software and I disabled the firewall completely for the first start of the game. After that i could enable it again. The game runs perfectly fine for on my machine so I don't think it has something to do with the Bitdefender software

Skabb15's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by RukaziSintakumo Go to original post
    Hey there,

I have the same antivirus software and I disabled the firewall completely for the first start of the game. After that i could enable it again. The game runs perfectly fine for on my machine so I don't think it has something to do with the Bitdefender software
    It doesnt. This guy just doesnt want to listen. Those people that do get it to work have to do things differently for each person. It is some sort of error of Ubisofts side. Otherwise people with similar setups would have the same problems and solutions, as you can attest, it isnt happening like that. For example, if it was an Nvidia driver like some people said, then EVERYONE with an Nvidia card would have the problem, but that isnt the case.

Troll

Originally Posted by Skabb15 Go to original post
    It doesnt. This guy just doesnt want to listen. Those people that do get it to work have to do things differently for each person. It is some sort of error of Ubisofts side. Otherwise people with similar setups would have the same problems and solutions, as you can attest, it isnt happening like that. For example, if it was an Nvidia driver like some people said, then EVERYONE with an Nvidia card would have the problem, but that isnt the case.
    Skabb15; Great words from someone who lied to the community about Ubisoft's response to the problem. You are a pathetic, uncaring and disgusting individual who thinks it's great to joke about the issues, and you have no place having a go at me for at least trying to solve the problem (and as I stated, I still have issues and also mentioned that it would be different for other people) - Maybe you need to learn how to read before you leave school. It's so easy to hide behind your computer isn't it?

Quod circumit, circum veniat.

Back under your bridge, troll!

Zeptinune's Avatar Member
    I also have Bit Defender and I have tried adding allow rules for all uplay exe files and the Farcry exe files, which didn't work. So then I tried disabling the Firewall module completely and forwarding all the ports that Uplay says that it is using. Still getting the exact same error. Pretty pissed off, I mean I shelled out money for this game and it doesn't work on release date.

EDIT: Fixed it. Just disabled the Firewall module entirely and then rebooted, after that tried again. Then it worked and I could enable the module again afterwards. I had to do the extra step of rebooting with the module off. Presumably to make sure it was stopped entirely.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►