Thread: PCFC4 - Downloaded maps problem | Forums

FC4 - Downloaded maps problem

I've encounted a problem for which I couldn't find a solution.

I downloaded a few nice custom maps, and I found them in the folder, but the game can't find them. I tried them from Map Editor, Downloaded Maps , but it shows the message: 'Maps not found'

I'd be happy if I wouldn't have to re-download the maps everytime I play them.

I'm using Win 8.1, the folder where my saved maps are:
    ...\\2cbeab68-9c57-488a-8335-45fe4d6c71eb\\download maps\\

Have any of you experienced similar?

Thanks in advance,

Chryss86

WID992007's Avatar Senior Member
    the maps stay on my drive when i download them ?

they get dumped in documents \ my games \ far cry 4 \ series of letters and numbers folder \ download maps

have you tried using the FarCry 4 map site ?

see this thread

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-Editor-Update

it may help ....

Originally Posted by WID992007 Go to original post
    the maps stay on my drive when i download them ?

they get dumped in documents \ my games \ far cry 4 \ series of letters and numbers folder \ download maps

have you tried using the FarCry 4 map site ?

see this thread

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-Editor-Update

it may help ....
    First of all, thanks for the quick reply. Yep, I'm doing this way. Favourites work from ingame too, but they're still re-downloaded over and over again..

I'm looking for a way to simply download the maps once, and be able to play them anytime. I hope you get the point.

Any ideas?

AKAFootloose's Avatar Member
    On my PC, "online folder" is the folder with a long string of numbers. "Offline folder" is "Far Cry 4" The offline folders "download maps" and "user maps" will be empty unless you copy\paste from the online folders. Any map played from the game browser will download every time, but not from the game menu map editor. I don't know if this will help you or not. If you are "online" the maps should be there without doing anything.

Originally Posted by AKAFootloose Go to original post
    On my PC, "online folder" is the folder with a long string of numbers. "Offline folder" is "Far Cry 4" The offline folders "download maps" and "user maps" will be empty unless you copy\paste from the online folders. Any map played from the game browser will download every time, but not from the game menu map editor. I don't know if this will help you or not. If you are "online" the maps should be there without doing anything.
    I've tried many things but no success yet.

My Folder in full path:
    C:\Users\<MY USERNAME>\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4\2cbeab68-9c57-488a-8335-45fe4d6c71eb\download maps\

There are no other folders. I tried to copy/paste the download maps folder into
    C:\Users\<MY USERNAME>\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4\
    but still doesn't work.

There must be a solution.

EDIT:
    Just to be sure, I've created a new blank map and saved it with map editor it put the file in the folder:
    C:\Users\<MY USERNAME>\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4\2cbeab68-9c57-488a-8335-45fe4d6c71eb\user maps\

But the game still can't find it!!! I use in game meni: Map Editor -> All My Maps

I just assume you are doing all this in "online" mode. I'm on Win7, not familiar with 8.1. I guess the next step would be to "Verify Files" That can fix a lot of strange problems. Are there any maps if you open the editor from Uplay without starting the game?

I just assume you are doing all this in "online" mode. I'm on Win7, not familiar with 8.1. I guess the next step would be to "Verify Files" That can fix a lot of strange problems. Are there any maps if you open the editor from Uplay without starting the game?
    Yes, if I open the map editor, it finds my maps, and can open/edit/save them. Only the game doesn't recognize them. Must be some folder issue.

Thanks! I'll try out Verify Files tonight.

By the way, how can I start FC4 in offline mode? Is there any 'soft' way for it (i mean not by disabling internet connection)?

If you open Uplay, click on your name(top right) a drop down box shows "Go Offline" It seems your problem is opposite of mine. Mine works fine in "online" but it can't find the maps in "offline" mode because of the folder path problem. If the server goes down I have to copy/paste maps from one folder to another.

If you open Uplay, click on your name(top right) a drop down box shows "Go Offline" It seems your problem is opposite of mine. Mine works fine in "online" but it can't find the maps in "offline" mode because of the folder path problem. If the server goes down I have to copy/paste maps from one folder to another.
    Oh, nice, I went offline, but still no maps found. Even after the verify files action. This is rigged.

Btw, I just noticed, your username is familiar, c'os you made some awesome maps

Could you please write down the absolute path of your 'offline' maps directory?

Glad you like my maps, over 65 in all...

"Offline" folders are...
    C:\Users\Windows 7\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4\download maps
    C:\Users\Windows 7\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4\user maps

"Online" folders are...
    C:\Users\Windows 7\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4\2d7ecbc7-3966-48cc-8a28-617e25aadece\download maps
    C:\Users\Windows 7\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4\2d7ecbc7-3966-48cc-8a28-617e25aadece\user maps

Have you tried doing a file search for *.fc4map to see if you can find another folder? Strange, very strange

Maybe WID992007 can shed some light on this, We are not the only ones having this same problem, I know of several others. As long as I'm online mine works fine, Offline...no maps found

Hmmm, I just checked, mine works like it is suppose to now. Maybe it was a Uplay update that fixed it, had several lately, hasn't worked right in months, didn't work right about a month ago when the server was down. Has your Uplay updated lately and is it set to run as administrator?

You can get the latest version of Uplay here...https://uplay.ubi.com/