Thread: PCFC4 - Downloaded maps problem | Forums

AKAFootloose's Avatar Member
    It is putting them somewhere. Try doing a file search for *.fc4map and see where it is putting them.

I tried and they are all only in the path that I put here earlier I checked the path and it's the right one C/Documents/My Games/Far Cry 4/ numbers n stuff/ user maps
    I have game installed on the same C drive but it still doesn't detect the maps

Now you have me confused, are you saying the map files are there in the "user maps" and "download maps" folders? If the files are there, but the game says no maps found, you should call Uplay support by phone. Does the Map Editor find them? What version of Windows?

Yeah the editor can find only mine map, the downloaded ones aren't found by the editor, and nothing found by the game, windows 8.1 and I already wrote to the support 2 days ago and when I wanna chat during the daytime the window is always greyed out, IDK if the queue is full all the time or what I really need help with this sh*t if you have time you can add me on Skype:TheArty Records and I can show you anything you want in my folders through screen share or however it is in english

I'm not familiar to Skype. You need to call Uplay support by phone,. Not on the web site, but by phone. it may be something specific to Windows 8.1 or something else on your PC

I can open any map with my map editor, but the game can't find the files even tho they are in the right place there must be someting with the game but I already tried reinstalling and still nothing :/

I repeat... do a file search for *.fc4map. The maps you have downloaded are somewhere on your hard drive, we need to find out where. Search all your drives if you have more than C.

And call support by phone.

If you click "Play" on a map and it says "downloading" does not save it to your hard drive. You have to actually click "Download" not "Play" I'm sorry if you know all this I'm just making sure. I would still like to know where the maps you have downloaded are being saved.

OK, I'll call uplay support by phone tomorrow its too late now and I searched the whole PC (so that means every disc) and found the 3 maps (1 created, 2 downloaded) in the folder that they should be in C/Documents/My Games/Far Cry 4/ numbers n stuff/user maps and download maps only place that these maps are in, I think its the FC4 game, there is something bad with it.

Ok, one last thing to try. I assume you weren't running as administrator when all this started. Now, "Verify Files" making sure FC4 and Uplay both are run as administrator, it can make a difference. To verify files, open Uplay/Games at the bottom of FC4 click the down arrow and then verify files.

Steve64b's Avatar Senior Member
    Another thing, if you have invalid/corrupted maps in the folder, the Far Cry game won't display them in the listing. Could it be the files are a bit corrupted?
    Sometimes, I had corrupted maps that could open semi-fine in the Editor (showing as not validated), but the Game itself wouldn't see them at all.