Thread: PCFC4 - Downloaded maps problem | Forums

Originally Posted by AKAFootloose Go to original post
    Glad you like my maps, over 65 in all...

"Offline" folders are...
    C:\Users\Windows 7\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4\download maps
    C:\Users\Windows 7\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4\user maps

"Online" folders are...
    C:\Users\Windows 7\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4\2d7ecbc7-3966-48cc-8a28-617e25aadece\download maps
    C:\Users\Windows 7\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4\2d7ecbc7-3966-48cc-8a28-617e25aadece\user maps

Have you tried doing a file search for *.fc4map to see if you can find another folder? Strange, very strange

Maybe WID992007 can shed some light on this, We are not the only ones having this same problem, I know of several others. As long as I'm online mine works fine, Offline...no maps found

Hmmm, I just checked, mine works like it is suppose to now. Maybe it was a Uplay update that fixed it, had several lately, hasn't worked right in months, didn't work right about a month ago when the server was down. Has your Uplay updated lately and is it set to run as administrator?

You can get the latest version of Uplay here...https://uplay.ubi.com/
    My Uplay Client has just updated itself but the problem still persists. I copied all the maps to the "offline" folders too (I had to create the folders, but still nothing found by the game.

Useless to search for *.fc4map files, cos they're there, only the game doesn't recognize them.

Tried Administrator mode too, but nothing... No luck with this.

Woow 65 maps, that is fantastic, I'll check some more of them tonight.

AKAFootloose's Avatar Member
    Well, I guess I can't think of anything else to try other than contacting UBI support by phone. You have the opposite problem as me, checked with a friend that had the same trouble as me and his started working right as soon as he updated Uplay. So it must have been a problem with Uplay... not FC4. Sorry I was no help This may be a stupid question, but have you tried restarting your PC after all these changes?

Originally Posted by AKAFootloose Go to original post
    Well, I guess I can't think of anything else to try other than contacting UBI support by phone. You have the opposite problem as me, checked with a friend that had the same trouble as me and his started working right as soon as he updated Uplay. So it must have been a problem with Uplay... not FC4. Sorry I was no help This may be a stupid question, but have you tried restarting your PC after all these changes?
    Yep, several restarts have been since the update, and still no maps found.

Thanks for the many ideas mate, I'll use FC4 as it is, I won't go another rounds with supports, etc. I'll rather re-download the maps everytime I play them, not so big files.

FC4 redownloads custom maps everytime

Has anyone found a solution to this already ? Because I'm experiencing the same issue right now. My game doesn't recognize my map when I published it from the editor, like when I go in game- Map Editor- and All my maps: it says "No Maps found" and with the download too, I downloaded my friend's maps and when and I wanted to play them again the game redownloads them everytime I launch it and play some of his maps. I think the problem is that the game doesn't detect or can't find the maps that are in user maps folder. I tried everything that I found on forum's and this thread and nothing works. Can anyone please help me I really want people to play my map because I can't publish from game while this issue persists, please.

Path is: C/Documents/My Games/Far Cry 4/ and I have setup both offline and online folders that you were talking about in this thread so /bunch of letters and numbers/user maps

I'm not sure I understand your problem correctly. To publish a map, don't do it from the editor, do it from the game. Start Farcry4 and from the Main Menu click "Map Editor" then click "All My Maps" then find the map and click "Publish" If you try to publish from the Editor it won't work, even though it says it does unless you opened the Editor from the game menu. To play a map you have downloaded, it is the same way. From the Main Menu click "Map Editor" then click "ALL My Maps" or "Downloaded Maps" Choose the map and click "PLAY" Do not open in the editor or play it from the editor. If you are playing a map from the Map Browser it will still download a map every time, even if you have downloaded it before. When you close the game, it will have to be downloaded again. If you play it from the Game Menu Map Editor, it will play the file on your system and won't have to be downloaded. It is best to test PLAY maps this way also as it will play the same as after it is published. If you open the Editor from Uplay you can't publish from there.... it won't work. If you simply can't find the maps, I would suggest to go to Uplay and download the newest version from there. They have had a problem with the path to the map files.

I know man but even when I go into the game and click on Map Editor then: All My Maps - it just says that no maps are found in there. As early discussed it must be some problem issue but I really want to publish mine map I've been working on for a week so at least my friends can play it but when I go into the FC4 game I even tried "Downloaded Maps" and "All My Maps" too, there is just nothing in there: No maps found, FC4 game can't find mine map.

This is a problem with Uplay, not Farcry4. I know this for a fact. Did you download the newest Uplay version?

Also make sure you run as administrator both Uplay and FC4

Oh my uplay updated today by itself but haven't tried running FC4 as admin I'm gonna try that thanks I'll let you know if it works tomorrow and thanks for quick reply

If it still doesn't work I would download Uplay again.

OK I tried it now reinstalled uplay to get the newest possible version and launched both of them as admin and still nothing :/ I think that its something with the folders, still says "No Maps Found"