Thread: I want Might and Magic XI legacy | Forums

I want Might and Magic XI legacy

I must have completed about 4 run throughs of this game trying out different party combinations and learning how to beat Warrior difficulty. It seems to me this game is in great position to be expanded on in the same way that HOMM 3 expanded on HOMM 2. Same gameplay just more stuff...maybe 4 or 5 more skills to learn a couple more races/classes and some more monster types pulled from the HOMM/MM lore...for example Hydras would make a nice addition, Gogs etc.

The basics are solid, turn-based, grid-based, relics, boss monsters...all that stuff is fun and doesn't need to change imo.

I'm guessing if you post in this forum you'd also like a follow-up game?

I loved Might and Magic Legacy too,I hope to see a sequel soon.

I love games,but i don't play this,i hope play.

Yes please, give us Might and Magic 11.

Even with the same graphics and mechanics it would be nice.
    I would love to see the following changes though:
    - 5 or 6 characters in party (while still using hirelings)
    - bring back fly (later in the game)
    - more free movement (meaning less obstacles and NOT getting rid of the grid. I like the grid)
    - less traveling annoyance (town portal!)
    - repair skill (breaking weapons are ok but allow for a fixing spell. might consume all mana of all party members to cost something if you like)

Felt like something ending

MMX:L was an ember of the former glory of the Might and Magic RPGs. It's a real shame that Ubisoft forced the Ashan setting on it - the old Ancients universe was much more interesting in the way it blended genres. Much of the old gameplay feeling was there, but the huge scope of the old games was absent.

I think I'm ready for Might and Magic to have ended. Honestly, it's been over for me since Escaton croaked "Tell them I failed" at the end of part 8. The series needs the Ancients, it needs Jon van Caneghem and it needs to be forward-looking in its plot. While I enjoyed the gameplay of a turn-based first-person FRPG, it just wasn't the M&M I wanted, and that's never coming back. Time to put it to bed.

Originally Posted by LegacyForTheWin Go to original post
    Yes please, give us Might and Magic 11.

Even with the same graphics and mechanics it would be nice.
    I would love to see the following changes though:
    - 5 or 6 characters in party (while still using hirelings)
    - less traveling annoyance (town portal!)
    - repair skill (breaking weapons are ok but allow for a fixing spell. might consume all mana of all party members to cost something if you like)
    The obelisk system helped with traveling but I wouldn't mind a town portal spell especially since nothing respawned in this version.

I didn't mind only having 4 characters since it forces you to make more meaningful choices and also makes you want to replay to try out other classes.

The current tiered skills expert, master, gm etc. lends itself very nicely to a repair skill though it does seem like a lot of points to put into something with minimal benefit. Maybe if shop repairs were more expensive it might make sense. In the old game (MM7) it helped because stuff broke much more frequently although it was annoying to move stuff around to the guy who could repair it.

I want Might & Magic XI too. I played MM3-8, but 6&7 were my favorites. There has to be room in the Ashan world for the futuristic late-game tech of the turn-based M&M's. Learning about the ancient future tech always felt like a quantum leap forward in the original Might & Magic games, and it helped keep the late game fresh.

A free-form sequel would be nice, but I'd be happy with a tile based version too. Just give it a good story and squash the bugs, that's all I ask.

Love MMX! Playing for the second time, MMXI would be great, make it happen, please

MSRX92's Avatar Junior Member
    I agree, MMX was a great addition to the genre. It would be great to see MMXI.

I love MMX, too. I have over 200 hours logged on Steam, and I'm still playing. It's not perfect, and has its problems, but it's so nice to have a relatively new MM game to play. I can just keep making new parties and replay it over and over.
    I've heard that it didn't make enough money, though, and that Ubi won't make another one. Very sad. I was also into the card game that went with MMX and MMHeroes6, and Ubi has pulled the plug on that. I had spent over $40 on cards, too. I'm awfully glad I never spent any more than that.