Thread: Where to find rare deer skin.? | Forums

Where to find rare deer skin.?

I need rare deer skin for jayma's hut. I killed every deer in the land and I can not get any. Is there a certain spot to get it?

JasonParadise's Avatar Community Manager
    Use your hunter vision! There will be a trail to follow behind rare animals.

Just to add some beasts only come out at night including deer I don't know if the rare one your after is a night one or not but might be worth checking

Originally Posted by Joshkeatley Go to original post
    I need rare deer skin for jayma's hut. I killed every deer in the land and I can not get any. Is there a certain spot to get it?
    not sure if its a coincidence but after about 2 hours of actively looking for rare deer skin i just found 3 in about a 5 minute span. 1 in one of those bags hanging in a tree in the lost camp. and 2 on actual deer roaming around the Mazga pit stream. its in that little pice of map sticking out to the north of the main camp

The rare versions of each animal randonly spawn with the normal versions.

Originally Posted by BongoBanzai Go to original post
    actually Rare deer skin comes from a rare white deer that can be found randomly where normal deer spawn.

HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Darth_terra Go to original post
    Just to add some beasts only come out at night including deer I don't know if the rare one your after is a night one or not but might be worth checking
    Deer definitely are NOT only out at night...

Originally Posted by Duskviper Go to original post
    Originally Posted by BongoBanzai Go to original post
    actually Rare deer skin comes from a rare white deer that can be found randomly where normal deer spawn.
    You've both basically said the exact same thing...

On survivor mode I have yet to see one, along with a couple other rare animals. (Lion, stripped wolf...)

Last night found my first ever tall elk, happened to be a rare also. The population of tall elk were already rare before survivor mode, now it is as though they went extinct.

How to get rare deer skin easily?

Just upgrade sayla's hut to level 2 and collect rare deer skin from main (Takkar) hut's rewards stash.

Finding that deer is very hard because deer's are all over the map so this was the easiest and best method to get it.

-FacePalm-

Originally Posted by hiAkki Go to original post
    Just upgrade sayla's hut to level 2 and collect rare deer skin from main (Takkar) hut's rewards stash.

Finding that deer is very hard because deer's are all over the map so this was the easiest and best method to get it.
    YOU do realize that we are trying to find Rare Dear Skin to UPGRADE the hunt. Holy crap. You legit live under a rock. TYPO. *Hut.