mattshotcha's Avatar Community Staff

Trials Wants You!

Helloooooo riders!

You might have noticed that the Trials team has a lot of Community This and Community That going on around the forums, social media and the in game dashboard. Well, that's because Trials wants you! We want to give everyone an opportunity to propose a Community tournament or suggest a 10 track Community Recommended feed.

To streamline this process and make it easier for any of you that want to participate, this thread will be the one stop you need to put your tournament or feed ideas out into the wild. Just follow the guidelines below for the specific community feature you want to take part in and post a reply right here in the thread.

Now as with anything, there is no guarantee or promises made about posting everything that passes through here and ultimately the Trials team reserves the right to select from the list and queue up entries as we see fit. The purpose of this thread is not to make promises, more to give you all a place to have your voices heard.

And with that, let's get down to it...

Community Recommended

• Select 10 Track Central Tracks
    • The more recent the tracks, the better.
    • Provide a short sentence or two for each track, describing what it is you like about it and why you selected it.
    • List should include the track name, exactly as it appears in TC, as well as the difficulty and upload date.
    • Optional: A short paragraph about the theme of your track drop for use in the forum article.

Community Tournament

• Provide a Tournament Title
    • 8 tracks or less
    • Difficulty from Beginner to Extreme (No Ninja tracks)
    • Tracks must be from either the core game ( base game and DLC) or from a previous UPLAY Recommended drop
    • List should include the track name, exactly as it appears in TC, as well as the difficulty and upload date.

Either reply to this thread with your tournament/recommended feed details or PM them directly to me if you want to keep your picks a surprise.

That about covers everything. If any of you have any questions, feel free to post those here as well. As time goes on, we may even find a new and clever way to utilize this thread with even more community driven content so keep an eye out.

Stay awesome, riders.

Thread title was very misleading.

I was like "Oooo Trials wants me?" got in here, and come to find out Trials doesn't ACTUALLY want me.

I put in a request for a community tournament last week. Is this still going ahead or is it not going to happen?

Morfyboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Stick me on the list for a tourney plz Matt.

KALzzone8's Avatar Member
    You can add me to the list too. For both things

Devils_Demon's Avatar Member
    Meanwhile, in the Redlynx offices:

"- Hey we're running out of ideas for tournaments.
    - Let's just get them to do it instead. We'll spin it as some sort of community event or something.
    - Yeah that'll work.

All joking aside, the community tournaments might end up being better and more varied than before.

mattshotcha's Avatar Community Staff
    Originally Posted by Devils_Demon Go to original post
    Meanwhile, in the Redlynx offices:

"- Hey we're running out of ideas for tournaments.
    - Let's just get them to do it instead. We'll spin it as some sort of community event or something.
    - Yeah that'll work.

All joking aside, the community tournaments might end up being better and more varied than before.
    It actually requires less work for us to randomize some tournaments from a list and post them weekly than it does to poll the community, get track lists, test those track lists on different platforms, create assets and share the tournament each week.

If left to us, I would have the next six tournaments set in the time it takes me to get one Community Tournament set.

So nope, it's really about outreach and engaging with the community.

(I also realize you were kidding, to an extent, just felt it needed to be clarified anyway.)

Sandholm's Avatar Senior Member
    Really good idea! not sure yet which tracks I would put in a tournament, but I will have a look at the customs this weekend, then make a tournament!

I would just like to say Thank you for publishing the UKr tournament. Feels good to get my name on the main menu of the game too. Nice one matt and the rest of the team. much apprieciated.

I want my acorn

Did the tournament on the weekend end and not received my acorn WHYYY