dgrayson's Avatar Senior Member

It's Time

It’s time…

It’s time, to get ready.

The sun is going down, the dogs are fed, shadows begin to creep across the room and I turn on the computer. I head for the kitchen where I fill a carafe with coffee, Kona this time I think, as I will be leaving from Pearl Harbor. The mug? I think the one from the Drum will fit my hand the best for this patrol. I grab a fresh pack of smokes and settle into my chair.

It’s time, for the check list.

Headphones plugged in? Check
    Clean ashtray? Check
    Enable a Gramophone MOD? I think tonight it will be Benny Goodman and Artie Shaw. I’m in a clarinet mood. Enabling Gramophone MOD 6. Check
    Note paper and pencil. Check

It’s time to start the game.
    SH4 is on my Start Menu so it’s just one click and up comes Doolittles’ Intro, Victory at Sea, I loved it when I was ten and I still love it. The game begins to load and up comes the Trigger Maru loading screen. Thank you Ducimus! You really made this thing playable.

It’s time to load a save. Autosave on entering base is where I left off. Click.
    In my office I check the boat. Crew slots and promotions, done. Upgrades? None available, torps? Got a load of Mark 14s, all set. A quick peek at the calendar, 12AUG42. Time to click the big map. The orders pop up and I’m ordered to deploy to Honshu. I think I’ll start from the harbor this time. The “Please wait” screen pops up but, mine says “Light one up and pour a cup of coffee”. I take the advice and suddenly I’m in the control room. The crew is ready.

It’s time to get underway.
    I go to the bridge and have a quick look around. Right full rudder, all ahead 1/3. Now to the Navigation map. I plot a course out of the harbor and head back to the bridge. Looks like most of the damage from the attack 9 months ago has been repaired. The channel is clear, all ahead 2/3.

We will stop at Midway to top off the diesel tanks and then head for Japan. The men are itching for a fight and so am I, so we will make the run to Midway at flank speed. On the way Sparks tunes to KGMB on the radio and pipes the Hawaiian music through the boat. We top off and head for Japan at 10 knots. The sun slowly sinks in the West. KGMB fades, Sparks shifts to the Gramophone and the strains of “Stompin’ at the Savoy” fill the boat.

We keep a sharp watch on the bridge and Sparks mans the radar. Enemy waters lie ahead. She’s a fast ship sailing in harms way.

It’s time…

Dave

Originally Posted by dgrayson Go to original post
    It’s time…

It’s time, to get ready.

The sun is going down, the dogs are fed, shadows begin to creep across the room and I turn on the computer. I head for the kitchen where I fill a carafe with coffee, Kona this time I think, as I will be leaving from Pearl Harbor. The mug? I think the one from the Drum will fit my hand the best for this patrol. I grab a fresh pack of smokes and settle into my chair.

It’s time, for the check list.

Headphones plugged in? Check
    Clean ashtray? Check
    Enable a Gramophone MOD? I think tonight it will be Benny Goodman and Artie Shaw. I’m in a clarinet mood. Enabling Gramophone MOD 6. Check
    Note paper and pencil. Check

It’s time to start the game.
    SH4 is on my Start Menu so it’s just one click and up comes Doolittles’ Intro, Victory at Sea, I loved it when I was ten and I still love it. The game begins to load and up comes the Trigger Maru loading screen. Thank you Ducimus! You really made this thing playable.

It’s time to load a save. Autosave on entering base is where I left off. Click.
    In my office I check the boat. Crew slots and promotions, done. Upgrades? None available, torps? Got a load of Mark 14s, all set. A quick peek at the calendar, 12AUG42. Time to click the big map. The orders pop up and I’m ordered to deploy to Honshu. I think I’ll start from the harbor this time. The “Please wait” screen pops up but, mine says “Light one up and pour a cup of coffee”. I take the advice and suddenly I’m in the control room. The crew is ready.

It’s time to get underway.
    I go to the bridge and have a quick look around. Right full rudder, all ahead 1/3. Now to the Navigation map. I plot a course out of the harbor and head back to the bridge. Looks like most of the damage from the attack 9 months ago has been repaired. The channel is clear, all ahead 2/3.

We will stop at Midway to top off the diesel tanks and then head for Japan. The men are itching for a fight and so am I, so we will make the run to Midway at flank speed. On the way Sparks tunes to KGMB on the radio and pipes the Hawaiian music through the boat. We top off and head for Japan at 10 knots. The sun slowly sinks in the West. KGMB fades, Sparks shifts to the Gramophone and the strains of “Stompin’ at the Savoy” fill the boat.

We keep a sharp watch on the bridge and Sparks mans the radar. Enemy waters lie ahead. She’s a fast ship sailing in harms way.

It’s time…

Dave
    (Sigh), I wish I could do that!!!!

Yooperbacker's Avatar Moderator
    Good to see you Dave !!

Happy sailing and good luck. Sink a few for me.

wh1skea's Avatar Senior Member
    There's some old salts I haven't seen in a while!

Originally Posted by wh1skea Go to original post
    There's some old salts I haven't seen in a while!
    Greetings, old salt. Nice to see ya around these parts again.

Somewhere in the change over from playing the game, and now using Uplay, I see less of the old timers.

Originally Posted by t42592 Go to original post
    Somewhere in the change over from playing the game, and now using Uplay, I see less of the old timers.

There is still some of us oldtimers around these parts.

It's time,

Its time to reload the entire game to put in a new mod enabler
    It's time to put in Trigger Maru and some wonderful Fred radio stations and sounds of the1940's
    It's time because I miss this game.
    I removed my program files; The game was crashing when I crossed a longitude between Midway and japan
    But I have the original game CD - Its time to confront the issue and install the game again.
    Install a new mod manager and then all those mods I have saved
    Its time to figure it out again.... I did it before ... I did not have to ask anyone ... I can do it now
    It will be good for the old brain to figure this out again.
    I miss this game!