View Poll Results: Did you like the news?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Best news in a long time!

72 47.37%
  • I am cautiously optimistic

53 34.87%
  • Nah, I want another AC in 2016

18 11.84%
  • Really disappointing news

9 5.92%

Thread: 2017 AC Game A Total Revamp Set in Egypt | Forums

Sigma 1313's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by egriffin09 Go to original post
    How long does it take Ubisoift usually to officially announce the next game when all these leaks start to surface, especially these placeholders?
    Well Syndicate was leaked as Victory in December 2014 and was confirmed by Ubi then, but had its official announcement in May 2015.

Also, I just found this online: http://www.gry-online.pl/S016.asp?ID=30052

I have no idea who this site is, and I'd take everything with a grain of salt, but it says the main character is an Ancestor of Altair. That said, a lot o info was stuff from the original leaks, which makes me think the leak was poorly translated to polish, rewritten by someone who didn't fully understand, and then re translated to English.

ArmanYeghoyan's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by egriffin09 Go to original post
    How long does it take Ubisoift usually to officially announce the next game when all these leaks start to surface, especially these placeholders?
    For example ACRogue listing on Wog.ch in july 27-th 2014 and game officially announced in 5-th august.So it takes 9 to 10 days before official release,so it most likely it will announce in 27 or in 28-th march.

Sigma 1313's Avatar Member
    One of the websites said in an email to the Creed that the listings were just based on speculation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nran...ndex=3&list=WL

m4r-k7's Avatar Senior Member
    It probably is just speculation. The only website that I trust a bit more is the World of Games website as they were the first to list Assassins Creed: Rogue when it was originally code-named as Comet. But who knows?

marvelfannumber's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by m4r-k7 Go to original post
    It probably is just speculation. The only website that I trust a bit more is the World of Games website as they were the first to list Assassins Creed: Rogue when it was originally code-named as Comet. But who knows?
    Speculation or not, I find it a tad bit suspicious that all these websites just happened to list the same game within a few hours.

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by marvelfannumber Go to original post
    It also has a different release date, how strange....
    Not really; if a retailer is informed that a game is slated for release in a particular month, but lack the specific date, they'll typically just use the last day of that month as a placeholder. If it is releasing in November, it almost certainly won't be releasing on the 30th as the CityDisc listing says, for one thing because it's a Thursday and games never come out on Thursdays, and because Ubi will want to have the game out before the holiday shopping bump on Black Friday. So I'd say November 21st as the absolute latest.

Man, AC picked a rough year for a comeback though. Direct competition with RDR2 and Shadow of War? Yikes. RDR2's release window is pretty shaky, granted, but still. It's gonna be a freaking sales titan when it launches.

VoXngola's Avatar Member
    Just wanted to chime in, WoG and alcom changed the title. They've listed it as Assassin's Creed (2017) now.

crusader_prophet's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by LoyalACFan Go to original post
    Man, AC picked a rough year for a comeback though. Direct competition with RDR2 and Shadow of War? Yikes. RDR2's release window is pretty shaky, granted, but still. It's gonna be a freaking sales titan when it launches.
    You mean like releasing a movie just next to a behemoth like Star Wars? Nah, I'm sure we'll be fine. Oh wait...

RVSage's Avatar Senior Member
    @LoyalACFan It's okay, as long as the game is good, which I hope it is, it will sell no doubt. RDR2 is still a unknown quantity, not much of it is known in terms of gamelay/world/release date yet. And Shadow of War, looks improved but looks recycled at the same time, AC Empire needs to advertise it's freshness , bring something new to the table

@CrusaderProphet
    Movie and Game releases are two different beasts to compare, AC movie would have performed the same regardless

Helforsite's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by RVSage Go to original post
    @LoyalACFan It's okay, as long as the game is good, which I hope it is, it will sell no doubt. RDR2 is still a unknown quantity, not much of it is known in terms of gamelay/world/release date yet. And Shadow of War, looks improved but looks recycled at the same time, AC Empire needs to advertise it's freshness , bring something new to the table

@CrusaderProphet
    Movie and Game releases are two different beasts to compare, AC movie would have performed the same regardless
    I agree and also wanna point out that there is a 2 month timeframe between ACE and SoW.

//Uplay Overlay login for community forums