View Poll Results: Did you like the news?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Best news in a long time!

72 47.37%
  • I am cautiously optimistic

53 34.87%
  • Nah, I want another AC in 2016

18 11.84%
  • Really disappointing news

9 5.92%

Thread: 2017 AC Game A Total Revamp Set in Egypt | Forums

Helforsite's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Sigma 1313 Go to original post
    I don't know why, but I sort of don't care anymore. Like, all the leaks just blew a fuse, and now my "hype" is just broken. I'm looking forward to the trailer but just have stopped even looking at anything that says leak. Anyone else having this issue?
    I feel the same. I cant even seperate all the leaks from eachother in my mind anymore and at this point I cant be bothered to try. I am just going to wait for Ubisoft to give us something, even if that isnt until E3.

As we havent heard anything from Ubisoft about his yet, I dont feel we have enough information to really discuss this. That said I do think it will be nothing more than a few unobtrusive micro-transactions.

The rumoured controllable pet eagle is both pure speculation and really hard to properly implement/explain if real so I am going to be skeptical until I see more

jellejackhammer's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Helforsite Go to original post
    As we havent heard anything from Ubisoft about his yet, I dont feel we have enough information to really discuss this. That said I do think it will be nothing more than a few unobtrusive micro-transactions.

The rumoured controllable pet eagle is both pure speculation and really hard to properly implement/explain if real so I am going to be skeptical until I see more
    i don't know how i would feel if the pet eagle is true.

i think it might come out as a feature i might just use ones. it just feels a bit out of place.
    rather climb some higer place and get a scoop of the location for the missions like unity and syndicate have. it's a good feature that has only been in 2 games.

The4orTy67's Avatar Senior Member
    The only leaks I believe are the original 4chan one and the guy who posted the boat picture.

SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    So about these rumored "live operations" or whatever they're called, anyone have any idea what those are? There's supposedly something similar in Rainbow Six and/or Ghost Recon: Wildlands, but I haven't played those so I don't know what it means.

Originally Posted by SixKeys Go to original post
    So about these rumored "live operations" or whatever they're called, anyone have any idea what those are? There's supposedly something similar in Rainbow Six and/or Ghost Recon: Wildlands, but I haven't played those so I don't know what it means.
    Can you tell me the source of this rumour?
    "Live Operations" sound like community events to me.

dex3108's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by SixKeys Go to original post
    First of all it is not a rumor, that was said by one of the Ubisoft executives or something like that. Second thing those are mostly events like we had in previous AC games. But this time we will see them approaching whole thing more in a Watch_Dogs 2 or Ghost Recon Wildlands way where content will be split between paid and free and some free content will be released in batches, some will be used as rewards for Events/Seasons. In short we will see more smaller updates that will bring cosmetics and weapons for a longer period of time than like we had before with Season Passes.

Megas_Doux's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ze_topazio Go to original post
    I was just thinking, provided the rumors are true, I'm not too happy with Roman Egypt, if they're going for ancient Egypt they should have gone to the real ancient Egypt with Pharaohs, not some bored Roman prefect desperate to be allowed to return to Rome, with only Romans, Greeks and "greekfied" rich Egyptians in positions of relevance and power dominating society.
    I'm kinda 50/50 with you....

See, I suspect the reason behind that is the recycling of assets for that supposed new trilogy featuring Egypt, Greece and Rome. Now, a later period allow you to enjoy different architectures and vibes within that game. I mean I like the prospect of Alexandria (100% greek) vs Thebes ( with tons of ancient Egyptian ruins) for instance.

Besides Ancient Egypt in its "classic form" is not an easy setting to tackle, there's "jews were never in the bible historical evidence" vs "what the bible says". Then there's relatively few info about the cities in the old kingdom pyramids aside.

HDinHB's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by M4ke_Off Go to original post
    Ancient Egypt isn't the best place for freerunning
    Ancient Egypt would be cool, but there isn't so much you can do with buildings etc.
    Free running doesn't have to be about tall buildings, but it would require more creativity in game development. Plus, there are dozens of pyramids, failed pyramids, temples, columns, obelisks, statues, sphinx, quarries, and construction sites of all kinds. Theycould create new and amazing versions of the hidden tombs from AC2. Maybe camel-to-camel parkour through a caravan?

As the buildings have gotten taller, the free running has become more automatic and dull, and climbing has lost its thrill. Higher is not necessarily better.

1 people found this helpful

marvelfannumber's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Megas_Doux Go to original post
    Besides Ancient Egypt in its "classic form" is not an easy setting to tackle, there's "jews were never in the bible historical evidence" vs "what the bible says". Then there's relatively few info about the cities in the old kingdom pyramids aside.
    Well the Old Kingdom specifically would be an absolute wasted opportunity and kind of a bad setting in general because it would limit what they could do with the setting rather than expanding it.
    There'd be no horses to ride (not even chariots) because horses weren't domesticated yet, there would be no land transportation in general actually. The Pyramids were there, but pretty much no other famous landmarks would be present that far back. Karnak? Nope. Valley of the Kings? Nope. Abu Siimbel? Nope.

I think the Ptolemaic era is the best era to pick really, it has the most interesting cities and the best groundwork for a trilogy. Not to mention you could get alot of NPC variety from that period, having Egyptians, Romans, Arabs, Jews, Nubians and Assyrians roam the streets in certain cities or quarters would add alot to the immersion.

//Uplay Overlay login for community forums