Thread: Patch Notes - Update 1.1 | Forums

Good idea

Originally Posted by codeX- Go to original post
    You guys are missing the big picture here. The people saying this change is bad are NOT the guys spawn rushing. I would prefer there is zero spawn rushing in the game. However, this change isn't the right way to "fix" the problem.

I haven't played the patch yet, but based on comments, it doesn't seem to be implemented correctly.

If it's now 2 seconds for the live tracking marker, that's ****ing awful. Too many times as a defender, it's essential to leave one room by leaving the building and hopping back in another doorway/window, and that always takes 4-5 seconds to do. Now sticking a live tracking marker for leaving the building for a few seconds makes it pointless.

What they *should* have done that would be simple to implement:

- *Immediately* when an attacker leaves the building, display the "Enemy Detected Outside" text, but do NOT flash it as it makes it hard to tell when it's no longer valid. Leave it up until all defenders are back inside.
    - After remaining outside for 5 seconds, display the live tracking marker as normal.

The problem is the few second delay between leaving the building and displaying the "Enemy Detected Outside" text.. not the live tracking marker.

Example scenario:
    You're in a room and 3 attackers begin to enter from 3 different directions. Your choices:
    - Stay in the room, maybe take one of them out and die from the other two.
    - Bail out a window and attempt to flank.

Now what happens with that 5 second timer for the live marker changing to 2 seconds? All 3 know exactly where you are before you can get back into the building, as ALL of the time it takes more than 2 seconds to bail out of a window and get back into the building. Usually I'm right around the 4-6 seconds mark to flank like this. I don't care about rushing spawns. This is a mobility issue when you're outnumbered on defense, and this patch just screwed the pooch in "fixing" a problem by creating another worse one.

A better fix to prevent spawn rushing?

Any defender exiting the building BEFORE the first attacker enters is immediately sniped dead. That's it. As a programmer, easy to implement as you only need to set a flag for attackers entering the defenders' space after the round starts. This space must already be defined from the prep phase, so no additional map coordinates work defining this zone.

If attackers stay outside for 2 minutes, defenders can't exit until one enters. If an attacker immediately rushes into the building, the defender still needs to wait the ~10-20 seconds for him to enter before he can exit. Defenders can't leave until they have intel that an attacker has entered the building, or they risk immediate death.

Sounds great to me. Best example is the airplane map where attacers beeing killed during walking up the stairs while defenders spray down them down. Attackers have no chance to take cover and are forced to stay in a row. I will keep ****ing ppls up here. No matter if i have a 2 or 5 sec delay. After my first rounds im known anyways, so i dont care.

But if i could die by an npc sniper i would think twice.

Thank you for a great game. Keep supporting and we will too

Originally Posted by Shypa Go to original post
    Sounds great to me. Best example is the airplane map where attacers beeing killed during walking up the stairs while defenders spray down them down. Attackers have no chance to take cover and are forced to stay in a row. I will keep ****ing ppls up here. No matter if i have a 2 or 5 sec delay. After my first rounds im known anyways, so i dont care.

But if i could die by an npc sniper i would think twice.
    +1

So? no mic fix yet? when can we expect that?

So as of 0648 GMT 16.12.2015 the ULTRA HD pack isn't on Steam or On UPLAY? alot of people on the Steam discussion are having trouble with getting the game updated aswell

am I the only one who didnt get patch installed?
    im living in Russia, it says that between 05-06 am moscow time patch have to be run in.

Originally Posted by Killklam Go to original post
    am I the only one who didnt get patch installed?
    im living in Russia, it says that between 05-06 am moscow time patch have to be run in.
    Depends which version you have (Steam/Uplay). If you bought it on Steam then wait for 9.00pm Moscow time. I'm from Ukraine and updates are usually released at 8.00pm here. So it doesn't matter when developers released a patch > Valve releases developers patches in exact time...

Originally Posted by DJ_Cas Go to original post
    Depends which version you have (Steam/Uplay). If you bought it on Steam then wait for 9.00pm Moscow time. I'm from Ukraine and updates are usually released at 8.00pm here. So it doesn't matter when developers released a patch > Valve releases developers patches in exact time...
    no, i have uplay version and its 10:44 moscow time, no patch yet.
    i did refresh the game and uplay, even reboot my PC, wont work.

vbn51q's Avatar Member
    It should be up and running within the next 45 minutes or so...that's a lot of people waiting on a patch for a game everybody seems to hate

Da bin ich mal Froh. Ich hoffe der Patch bringt was.