1. #1
    Fatal-Feit's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,668

    What movies and/or shows are you watching in preparation of For Honor?

    I'll be marathoning through Vikings soon. I heard it's very good and apparently recommended for fans of Black Sails.



    I've also been binge watching Lindybeige and Skallagrim on YT because they do very entertaining historical accuracy videos.

    What about you guys?
    Share this post

  2. #2
    MisterWillow's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,326
    I actually just got finished watching Vikings, actually, to get all caught up for Season 4, and I think it's fantastic. Ragnar has vague Jack Sparrow-ish undertones in his mannerisms, which is a little strange, but that's a very mild criticism, and my only one really. All the battle scenes are great, all the characters are pretty interesting in one way or another, and all the political intrigue is... well, intriguing.

    If you want something from the same sort of setting, try The Last Kingdom on BBC.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    MrJoker.'s Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    231
    Game of Thrones, Vikings, 300 and 300 Rise of an Empire, Gladiator and of course Lord of The Rings. Those films hype me a lot for sword fight
    Share this post

  4. #4
    My waiting is fueled by pure hype for the next Alpha. Always waiting for that announcement.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Fatal-Feit's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,668
    Originally Posted by MisterWillow Go to original post
    I actually just got finished watching Vikings, actually, to get all caught up for Season 4, and I think it's fantastic. Ragnar has vague Jack Sparrow-ish undertones in his mannerisms, which is a little strange, but that's a very mild criticism, and my only one really. All the battle scenes are great, all the characters are pretty interesting in one way or another, and all the political intrigue is... well, intriguing.

    If you want something from the same sort of setting, try The Last Kingdom on BBC.
    That's great! I'm really anticipating it, but first I have to get through Jessica Jones or my Marvel buddy will hang me.

    What can you tell me about The Last Kingdom?
    Share this post

  6. #6
    premiumart's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    197
    Nothing actually, the hype is allready strong enough.

    Im just afraid because i am kinda excited for 3 upcomming ubisoft games, the possible disappointment real .
    Share this post

  7. #7
    I just re-watch trailers on YouTube and *Sigh*... "Can't wait to get my hands on this game.." I tell myself...

    But I can.. I know that the team making this game have a formula and its working. Til then we just have For Honor eye candy.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    MisterWillow's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,326
    Originally Posted by Fatal-Feit Go to original post
    What can you tell me about The Last Kingdom?
    Only two episodes in at the moment (one and a third, actually, as I started watching online late a few nights ago, and fell asleep part of the way through the second; still need to go back to it).

    An extremely simple and basic description would be 'Vikings but from England's perspective', which in itself isn't entirely accurate. From what little I've seen, it takes place in England, some time after where Vikings' story is at the end of season three (I'm presuming, since the Northmen are actively trying to take over England, whereas in Vikings, at where the series is, they have one real settlement). It's following an Englishman from Northumbria who is captured and later adopted by the Northmen as a boy after his father is killed fighting them.

    It's pretty interesting so far. The Vikings in The Last Kingdom seem a bit more barbaric to me than in Vikings, but that's probably because you're only introduced to one or two that are somewhat trustworthy in the first episode, so I'm sure that perception will change later on, and the one real battle scene in the Last Kingdom was fairly gruesome in a slightly more realistic way than the ones in Vikings, which seem to err slightly more on the side of entertainment, whereas the one in the Last Kingdom felt more documentary.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Fatal-Feit's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,668
    Originally Posted by MisterWillow Go to original post
    Only two episodes in at the moment (one and a third, actually, as I started watching online late a few nights ago, and fell asleep part of the way through the second; still need to go back to it).

    An extremely simple and basic description would be 'Vikings but from England's perspective', which in itself isn't entirely accurate. From what little I've seen, it takes place in England, some time after where Vikings' story is at the end of season three (I'm presuming, since the Northmen are actively trying to take over England, whereas in Vikings, at where the series is, they have one real settlement). It's following an Englishman from Northumbria who is captured and later adopted by the Northmen as a boy after his father is killed fighting them.

    It's pretty interesting so far. The Vikings in The Last Kingdom seem a bit more barbaric to me than in Vikings, but that's probably because you're only introduced to one or two that are somewhat trustworthy in the first episode, so I'm sure that perception will change later on, and the one real battle scene in the Last Kingdom was fairly gruesome in a slightly more realistic way than the ones in Vikings, which seem to err slightly more on the side of entertainment, whereas the one in the Last Kingdom felt more documentary.
    That's pretty interesting, thanks. If the two shows are connected, then I have to watch it! It's also got some very high ratings on IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    MisterWillow's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,326
    Originally Posted by Fatal-Feit Go to original post
    That's pretty interesting, thanks. If the two shows are connected, then I have to watch it! It's also got some very high ratings on IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes.
    They aren't connected per-say. But there are characters/places that are common to both, so if you watch one (I recommend Vikings first, since it's further along), then you'll recognise things in the other.
    Share this post