AC II on PC with XBox One Controller ?

Just got AC II on Steam for $5. I haven't played it since on XBox 360, and I would really like to play it again.

The problem I have is with the controller, it does show 'Xbox One Controller' in the controller customization, but when I select it the cursor starts scrolling up and when I go into the game the camera just spins around.

Any idea how to get this working with my controller ? (or if it is possible at all)

Thanks

Anykeyer's Avatar Senior Member
    This game supports only 1 controller properly - wired x360. For anything else use emulator (x360ce)

Thank you, I will give the emulator a try tonight. Else I will have to figure out how to wire up my old xbox 360 controller

There's an old thread here where you can download some files and put them in the folder of AC2 and you can use properly your wireless 360 controller perfectly fine.
    And, the magic begins : it works very well with the Xone controller.

You have to search for it as I don't remember where i found it.

Anykeyer's Avatar Senior Member
    Its about the same emulator

Originally Posted by Brostok Go to original post
    There's an old thread here where you can download some files and put them in the folder of AC2 and you can use properly your wireless 360 controller perfectly fine.
    And, the magic begins : it works very well with the Xone controller.

You have to search for it as I don't remember where i found it.
    Can someone post this.... I had to play ACII with the awful controls for the wireless controller.

I was not able to get my old xbox 360 controller working, so I ended up getting a new xbox 360 for Windows (so I ended up paying pretty much full price for the game ), and now it works like a charm. Just had to reconfigure a couple of buttons.

Xbox One Controller Not working correctly with Assassin's Creed 2 -- Fixed ()

FOUND THE SOLUTION!
    Just download X360CE program LATEST version from OFFICIAL website and put the executable (and other files if any present in the downloaded package) into the Game's Install Directory, i.e., where the game's own Executable is present, and run the application whilst the Xbox One Controller is connected. It will detect the controller on first boot and might prompt you for placing latest DirectInput or Xinput DLLs in your folder. Say yes to everything and when it asks you to locate a configuration, just select the Search on Internet option and Next, Next, Next.
    Once the Controller Mapping is configured, you should see the button responses on the 360's Controller image on the Application's window. Just press all the buttons one by one and see if all have/being detected and mapped correctly.
    If everything works fine, just boot up the game (Should Save the Config and close the application first) WITH the controller already connected in port. Sometimes the game will ignore any plug and play input devices unless they were connected when the game booted up.

FYI, you need to manually change the INPUT method in game's settings menu to 'Xbox 360 Controller for Windows'.