7 Ways to Fail at Free-to-Play

Maybe UBiSoft will learn some of these lessons in the article below someday.
    Perhaps they won't (I do not think it will happen, but that is my opinion).

I can tell you the lessons in this article are fairly straightforward and MQEL bungled almost all of them.
    This is not some complicated business financial model either.
    The article even came out around the time that the first inceptions of the game concept were being developed.
    You might not think from this article that MQEL is a mobile game, but at its heart it really is tenfold, based on what it became over closed beta.
    Seems like somebody forget to put the "m" in "manage" and not do their homework.

Reasons?
    1) Greed
    2) Lack of talent in development after initial concept
    3) Lack of resources
    4) Lack of support by management
    5) Lack of care for the community and players

"Just another brown stain on the mattress".

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...freetoplay.php

Originally Posted by x-BlackKnight-x Go to original post
    Maybe UBiSoft will learn some of these lessons in the article below someday.
    Perhaps they won't (I do not think it will happen, but that is my opinion).

I can tell you the lessons in this article are fairly straightforward and MQEL bungled almost all of them.
    This is not some complicated business financial model either.
    The article even came out around the time that the first inceptions of the game concept were being developed.
    You might not think from this article that MQEL is a mobile game, but at its heart it really is tenfold, based on what it became over closed beta.
    Seems like somebody forget to put the "m" in "manage" and not do their homework.

Reasons?
    1) Greed
    2) Lack of talent in development after initial concept
    3) Lack of resources
    4) Lack of support by management
    5) Lack of care for the community and players

"Just another brown stain on the mattress".

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...freetoplay.php
    Too bad they don't care about this game anymore, not that they did in the first place, or they would have listened to the player base.. but the fact that no updates or communications have been put out in 3 months should be making a loud and clear statement to where this game is headed - the dumpster.