Thread: Stallion + Launch Jump = Exploration!!! (Time Savers, New Access, etc.) | Forums

Stallion + Launch Jump = Exploration!!! (Time Savers, New Access, etc.)

The Stallion's unique ability to launch off its wheel leads to higher vertical, farther distance, and/or backwards jumping. All of those aforementioned items lead to some interesting findings that I figure the community would enjoy. Post what you have found thus far and indicate whether they have the potential to be a time-saver or just fun exploration. Here is the growing list found trying out ways to either complete a level with a Stallion bike or greatly improve times using this ability that cannot be done with any of the existing bikes:

Feel free to post yours and we'll continue growing the list. This is intended for fun and for Stallion lovers that want to dominate the Agent on the Crazy Bikes leaderboard. So only time savers with the Stallion that can assist in beating the Agent bike will be posted but ANY exploration will be added as long as it can't be done with the other bikes.

REORGANIZED: Reorganized the list alphabetically by track name, grouped time savers/exploration for the same levels (time savers still first), and added spoiler tags for easier viewing. I will also be phasing out certain images and having video tutorials/explanations instead to alleviate any confusion for some of the more complex time savers.

Alternate Use of Launch Ability: While experimenting I also found an alternate use for the launch ability. If you are nose down or almost upside down and there is a ledge, post, log, etc., you can activate the launch ability to somewhat slingshot yourself downward, forward, etc.. Definitely room for experimentation and ways to improve overall track times.

LAST 5 NEWLY ADDED
    Spoiler:  Show

#1: Steeple Run, Time Saver:

#2: Sunset Dungeon, Time Saver:

#3: Parched Cliff, Fun Exploration 1 :

#4: Burning Bushes, Fun Exploration 1 :

#5: Garbage Route, Time Saver:

Backyard Catwalk
    TIME SAVERS
    (None as of this time)

FUN EXPLORATION
    (Tried to find a time saver seeing if you could launch from the initial ramp up to the top with the falling log but found this)
    How To Reach: After starting, leaning back and right as the platform is swinging up to launch you use the jump launch. Depending on your angle depends on where you go, but you can land up on the roof, fall down, and fall off the back of the level resulting in another endless zoom.

Credit: TheeElf

Burning Bushes
    TIME SAVERS
    (None as of this time)

FUN EXPLORATION
    How To Reach: Near the end of the level before you go down the short cave/tunnel, launch jump up to the upper rocks to take a different route other than going down.
    https://youtu.be/NVodDPv1EaM

Cannon End
    TIME SAVERS
    (None as of this time)

FUN EXPLORATION
    (Possible time saver if executed flawlessly and possible to bypass the cannon finish)
    How To Reach: After the initial swing, carefully shift to the smaller roof, lean forward, then pull back and launch and nudge launch your way on top of the big roof.

Cannon Ridge
    TIME SAVERS
    (None as of this time)

FUN EXPLORATION
    How to Reach: See video tutorial.
    https://youtu.be/hrFrdYivvog
    Credit: Flippant9

Container Grounds
    TIME SAVERS
    Time Saver #1
    Description: Near the middle of the level after clearing the gap before the horizontal log raise. slowly ease up to the beginning of the log and as soon as it starts to rise, fully accelerate and launch jump right as it reaches the top.

Time Saver #2
    Description: Immediately after Time Saver #1, launch jump forward again and land on the long upward log that drops upon touching it.
    Credit: joe1729

Time Saver #3
    Description: After riding down the log, launch jump forward to nearly clear or fully clear the hill right before the finish line.
    https://youtu.be/gq-_AFFpOps

FUN EXPLORATION
    (None at this time)

Delivery Line
    TIME SAVERS
    Description: Near the end of the level, there is a red ball-like platform that drops to a section of lower tracks. Instead of going down, launch jump across and up to the higher section of the track. Using this key jump led and a smooth run to overtaking another #1 Crazy Bike leaderboard slot owned by an Agent Bike.

Credit: HiEverybody3

FUN EXPLORATION
    https://youtu.be/UfseIP32B0E

Desert Gondola
    TIME SAVERS
    Description: From the start lean then launch jump forward. The key to this time saver is to catch your front wheel on the barrel then while leaning forward immediately jump again smoothly putting you on the floating platform above the deep dip. A few other well-timed launch jumps led to overtaking another #1 Crazy Bike leaderboard slot.
    https://youtu.be/eKvOr3F5qjM

FUN EXPLORATION
    How to Reach: Right before the zipline platform, there is a set of platforms above it. Slow down and bunny hop launch up to the top. This can be difficult to reach. However, not sure if this can be used as a time saver or not. Maybe if you hit just hit and can continue full speed up it might save you some time. Although the platforms are gapped at the top they lead toward the finish and timing some jumps might be possible to be faster than the zipline.

Drifter Valley
    TIME SAVERS
    Time Saver #1:
    Description: From the start, accelerate and launch jump forward to clear the bottom gap and land on the flat leading to the next ramp up.

Time Saver #2:
    Description: Immediately after Time Saver #1, launch jump again to gain height to barely clear the ramp up but maintain enough speed to land on the down slope afterward.
    https://youtu.be/oYaxcfF04j4

FUN EXPLORATION
    (None at this time)

Elephant Graveyard
    TIME SAVERS
    Description: There is a small incline near the start after the first gap that you can time right and launch over the wooden ramp or your back wheel barely touches it allowing you to smoothly continue on. This can be done with most bikes but the time saver occurs shortly after this. Right at the peak on the steep hill, launch jump from the checkpoint hill peak over/on top of the next skinny tall hill, then launch against to sling yourself downward down the ramp leading to the wooden ramp over the fire. Both starting and middle key jumps led to overtaking another #1 Crazy Bike leaderboard slot owned by an Agent BIke by 1.3 sec.
    https://www.youtube.com/XEaSYT3ymJg

FUN EXPLORATION
    (None at this time)

Fang Wall
    TIME SAVERS
    Description: Once reaching the launching ramp, launch jump on the way up to clear the small rock climb/wobbly bridge to land on the flat after the bridge near flawlessly. I know this can be done with the Berserker and maybe other bikes, but I see this as a HUGE time saver with the Stallion as I nailed a 2.5 sec difference in the previous Agent WR (21.049) versus my Stallion time (18.782). This also requires nailing the starting front flip as well.

FUN EXPLORATION
    (None at this time)

Garbage Route
    TIME SAVERS
    Time Saver #1
    Description: From the start full accelerate, then launch to clear the first gap and land on the downside of the roof at the second gap.
    Credit: FatalDragon69

Time Saver #2
    Description: After Time Saver #1 and going up the steep slope, stick close to the down slope and as soon as you hit the peak of the first up slope, launch jump forward to clear both dips and land near/on the red roof.

Time Saver #3
    Description: Immediately after Time Saver #2, accelerate with a wheel then launch forward to bypass the lower section and land on the log that is part of the loop when doing the bottom section normally.

Time Saver #4
    Description: After Time Saver 3, when going up the roof with the blue circular window, launch jump near the top to bypass the down slope ramp and the circular tube on the next roof.
    https://youtu.be/rbhKm9RU8yo

FUN EXPLORATION
    (None at this time)

Market Street
    TIME SAVERS
    Description: This time saver is a 2-part method. Immediately from the start accelerate down the ramp and at the bottom of the ramp launch jump. You want to land dead on the top of the building checkpoint BOTH WHEELS AT THE SAME TIME and then immediately launch jump again. This should bounce you up and over the ramp with NO vertical climbing aside from just the height of the jump and you should land on the downward slope. This as a HUGE time saver with the Stallion to close the gap on an Agent time. Using this time saver and a smooth run, this track currently belongs to a Stallion for the #1 Crazy Bike leaderboard slot.
    https://youtu.be/7NqlwdfAXeg

FUN EXPLORATION
    (None at this time)

Merchandise Stash
    TIME SAVERS
    (None as of this time)

FUN EXPLORATION
    (Thought I could use this to possibly reach the higher ledge but found it was possible from the initial starting point)
    How to Reach: From the start full acceleration toward the wall and once vertical, lean back and use the back wheel to kick off the wall backward over the starting block.

Parched Cliff
    TIME SAVERS
    (None as of this time)

FUN EXPLORATION
    How To Reach: At the end, get as close to the finish line without crossing it so that the rock drops. Then reverse slowly down the incline, then launch jump over the finishing gate and then over the rocks.
    https://youtu.be/9mr27gvxgts
    Credit: Pdizzle337

Planks and Mozzies
    TIME SAVERS
    Description: Near the end of the level right before the second to the last checkpoint is a wooden platform. Using this platform do a slight wheelie and launch jump forward skipping the entire bottom section and landing on the top rock next to the last checkpoint. Using this key jump led to overtaking another #1 Crazy Bike leaderboard slot owned by an Agent Bike.
    https://youtu.be/DITuPvp-aVQ
    Credit: sanymas

FUN EXPLORATION
    (None at this time)

Snowball Ride
    TIME SAVERS
    (None as of this time)

FUN EXPLORATION
    https://youtu.be/UguhqdDgv4o

Steam Quarter
    TIME SAVERS
    Description: Near the end of the level after the explosive barrel jump, there is a down slope followed by a short up slope then another larger up slope right at the finish. At the peak of the first small up slope, launch jump and if done right you should have enough height to clear the second up slope but let your back wheel catch so it brings you forward so your head doesn't catch the upper platform. Using this key jump led to overtaking another #1 Crazy Bike leaderboard slot owned by an Agent Bike.
    Time Saver #1: https://youtu.be/cLPxPLY4N-U

FUN EXPLORATION
    (None at this time)

Steeple Run
    TIME SAVERS
    Description: Time Saver #1: From the beginning, launch jump from the initial wooden ramp/log directly to the falling wooden plank. Time Saver #2: From the roof right before the first saw blade, launch jump up and over the blade to land on the down slope of the roof before the second blade. Using this time saver allowed for demolishing the previous #1 Agent spot by almost 2 full seconds.
    Time Saver #1 & 2: https://youtu.be/YDDxismYT5o

FUN EXPLORATION
    (None at this time)

Sunset Dungeon
    TIME SAVERS
    How to Reach: At the start, after going up the stone incline that shifts, launch jump over the upper section and land on the small lower section. This can be very tricky and requires some patience. Using this key time saver led to overtaking another #1 Crazy Bike leaderboard slot. The video is not the cleanest run but gives you the general idea.
    https://youtu.be/OAo9DTELuZ8

FUN EXPLORATION
    (None as of this time)

Tree Houses
    NOTE: Using all 4 key jumps led to overtaking another #1 Crazy Bike leaderboard slot owned by an Agent Bike.
    TIME SAVERS
    Time Saver #1
    Description: Immediately from the start accelerate and lean forward slightly so that you hit the starting platform wall in front of you. When the gate opens this will cause you to fall backward some and once you land on the peak of the hill, launch jump forward and you will clear the entire first ramp and land on the downslope completing bypassing the need to slow down on the wooden ramp leading to the loop. The key is to land both wheels touching before launching and to be slight angled downward.

Time Saver #2
    Description: Once you reach this section, launch jump and completely clear the middle ramp w/ the checkpoint landing on the lower ramp.
    https://youtu.be/YJA4LPNd7OQ

Time Saver #3
    Description: With as much speed as possible, lean back of the last minute to perform a slightly wheelie then lean forward and launch jump to completely bypass the lower section and land on the top of the hill with the checkpoint before the launching ramp.

Time Saver #4
    Description: At the launching ramp, perform a launch jump right when the platform stops and if execute correctly, you will be launched from the platform directly into the finishing line gate without touching the ground.
    https://youtu.be/sXZ82v6w5OQ

FUN EXPLORATION
    (None at this time)

Villainous Hideout
    TIME SAVERS
    (None as of this time)

FUN EXPLORATION
    How to Reach: From the start full acceleration toward the small ramp/box and once vertical, lean back and use the back wheel to flick off. Let your bike go backward with the nose down and have your back wheel catch on the high box behind the start. If you want to continue to some more fun, then do a backflip off the box let momentum carry you backward down the hill and time another backflip to get to the higher ledge. If you bail off of that ledge, the screen appears to go into an endless zoom out.

Wolf Den
    NOTE: Using both time savers lead to overtaking another #1 Crazy Bike leaderboard owned by an Agent bike (1.6 second difference between top Stallion versus top Agent).
    TIME SAVERS
    Time Saver #1
    Description: Near the middle of the level once you hit the upward slope with a lot of speed you slow down dramatically. Ease up the wooden slope then once at the top launch jump over to the upward slope. In some cases you get a little forward bounce that pushes you up to the flat

Time Saver #2
    Description: Near the end of the level after the spinning wheel, instead of going down the ramp leading to the finish, launch jump from the flat all the way to the finish.

FUN EXPLORATION
    (None at this time)

FatalDragon69's Avatar Senior Member
    Nice Idea mate & Cool bit of exploration as well, I've found myself in some strange places due to the Stallions Jump Feature but the only one that springs to mind right now (as I keep getting stuck with this track as a Rodeo Slot Challenge) it's a Time Saver.....At the very start of Garbage Route, I jump from the first ledge over the first roofs peak to land and go down the other side which gives me the momentum to get up the next roof, which is a bit of a pain to get over on the Stallion without that momentum !!

I'll get a screen-shot a little later and edit it into this post if you like !?

I've been similarly exploring, albeit with the 0/0/0/0 Stallion. I've got a bunch of pictures I'll upload plus have made a couple videos:

FatalDragon69,
    Forgot about the Garbage Route one as that just became instinctive now.

Flippant9,
    Where's the second video location?

On another note, I'm loving the Stallion versus the Agent bike in a few cases. It's definitely helped take the #1 spot in a few cases: Drifter Valley (by 0.4 sec), Forgotten Factory (by 0.8 sec), Processing Center (by 0.08 sec), and Cave Crossing (by 0.1 sec). Still working on others but finessing the jump with nice timing/angles makes a huge difference in outperforming the Agent bike (Forgotten Factory is a great example). My times are on Android in case anyone wants to see the ghosts beating the Agent bike.

I'll try and keep the main post updated.

TheeElf, I'll have to check on the exact course for that second video, it's one of the Cave Levels.Here is another cool one:Snowball Ride:

flooodi-TFG's Avatar Senior Member
    #5 is Delivery Line over the finnish line.

FatalDragon69's Avatar Senior Member
    Just wanted to add.....If you time it right, you can make the Stallion jump with a lot more forward momentum instead of upward lift if you either lean forward then jump just as your rider hits the furthest forward he/she can go OR to make those longer gaps lean back first then quickly forward and jump as I said above.....Both help to give that extra boost forward !!

If you time the jump feature just right (at the very peak of each movement, ramp etc.) then you can easily clear large gaps and higher ledges etc. etc. you can even use the jump feature once you've left the edge of a ramp etc. again, if you time it right it will still give you the jump boost just after you leave the ground, ramp etc. a sort-of a mid-air jump but JUST off the edge of where-ever you're jumping from.....Hope you understand my explanation, I've tried to explain it with as much detail as poss. to help my fellow riders get the most from the jump feature !!

It's ALL about the timing, keep an eye on your riders position and where your wheels are to help you make the best jumps and land them.....Practice, Practice, Practice makes perfect !!

!! Hope this Helps you ALL find some crazy new places and set some new times.....Enjoy !!

justinman114's Avatar Senior Member
    I still think the jump feature should have it's own button instead of having to let off the gas. It's awkward at times.

xitooner's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by justinman114 Go to original post
    I still think the jump feature should have it's own button instead of having to let off the gas. It's awkward at times.
    It would be nice to have the option; its bothered me some as well. Button could be on either side of the screen,IMO (why not both?)

Actually, if it IS going to be an upwards swipe on a button, I dont see why it has to be stuck on the "accelerate" button, when swiping up on any button could have an equivalent affect

Originally Posted by xitooner Go to original post
    It would be nice to have the option; its bothered me some as well. Button could be on either side of the screen,IMO (why not both?)

Actually, if it IS going to be an upwards swipe on a button, I dont see why it has to be stuck on the "accelerate" button, when swiping up on any button could have an equivalent affect
    Very much this. Since I can't get the jump to work consistently or at least to be as precise as I want to.
    It's just very frustrating in some track(s) that the last jump requiring the bounce fails unintentionally. Some ice track, don't remember the name and bad at playing this game so might be trying the wrong thing

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►