Thread: EU: PS4 Export and Import Pack -- your input requested | Forums

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith ComDev

EU: PS4 Export and Import Pack -- your input requested

We have some movement on the import pack on PS4 in SCEE-served territories, and we are trying to figure out how much progress has been made.

Right now we believe the Export pack (bought from RS1 on PS3) does allow you to download that content on PS4. However, it looks like the Import pack (bought via RS2014 on PS3) was not granting access. We think this may have been fixed as of today.

Log into store.playstation.com, then check your Download List and let me know if you see an item that lets you download the RS1 disk content to PS4.

Here's what the original Import Pack purchase should look like:

If you see that, then look for this item, which is what you should download to your PS4:

You might also check your purchase history, which is a different list within this website. We think you might see it on purchases, but we want you to see it as a download option.

Let me know what you find (screens would be appreciated too). We have multiple confirmations on the Export pack working this way, but I'm particularly interested in hearing from Import pack owners. Thank you!

Hi Dan, I still donīt see anything new. In the PSN Download list is only the PS3 Import pack. I also checked my Purchase history, itīs the same there - only the PS3 Import pack. And this pack is for PS3 only, there is no possibility for Vita downloading (which is on your image). I tried PS4 RS2014 in-game shop and the pack is also still missing.

Originally Posted by Kodakus Go to original post
    Hi Dan, I still donīt see anything new. In the PSN Download list is only the PS3 Import pack. I also checked my Purchase history, itīs the same there - only the PS3 Import pack. And this pack is for PS3 only, there is no possibility for Vita downloading (which is on your image). I tried PS4 RS2014 in-game shop and the pack is also still missing.
    That's a sign of progress, then, since there is no Vita edition of the game and that tag was originally there in error.

Where are you located? Thanks for the report. Hopefully this changes soon.

Update: Our EU QA team says that this works and sent screenshots to support this claim. I would still like some external confirmation. I am glad to hear the people who bought the Export pack on PS3 have had success, so I am primarily concerned with the Import Pack owners getting the same results.

Then check that list for this item:

Please report your results. I want some closure on this.

jluc1810's Avatar Member
    Hello,

Import pack works on ps4

Originally Posted by jluc1810 Go to original post
    Hello,

Import pack works on ps4
    Thanks for this feedback -- very helpful. Anybody else also have success? So far we're 1 and 1.

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    That's a sign of progress, then, since there is no Vita edition of the game and that tag was originally there in error.

Where are you located? Thanks for the report. Hopefully this changes soon.
    Maybe I wrote it badly - I didnīt see the "Vita" sign in the download list. But it doesnīt matter, I checked it once more a few minutes ago and still donīt see the Import pack for PS4. I live in the Czech republic, but we take content from the UK store.

As I read the description for the PS3 Import pack, this crossed my mind (maybe it is nonsence, but anyway ) : There is written, that we can download the pack for TWO activated devices. I have activated 3 PS3 devices (I didnīt deactivated 2 of them after they broke), so maybe my PS4 device is already over the limit and from that reason the system doesnīt even generate the new import pack for PS4? Iīm just guessing in this, I donīt know how these licencing things work and how (or if) the system checks how many time I download...

jluc1810: I wonder, why there is a date 1/5/2015 in the RS1 Disc compatibility? What did you do so special that day??? Why it isnīt with some yesterdayīs date (or something like that) after the things should be fixed? I checked all 50+ pages of my order history, tried to be very watchful and I didnīt find it, but itīs really very easy to overlook things, if we donīt know where to look...

One for the not working pile from Finland (using the EU store). The "Rocksmith Disc Import Pack" for ps3 is in my download list, but the "RS1 Disc Compatibility" for PS4 is not.

R2_'s Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Kodakus Go to original post
    jluc1810: I wonder, why there is a date 1/5/2015 in the RS1 Disc compatibility? What did you do so special that day??? Why it isnīt with some yesterdayīs date (or something like that) after the things should be fixed? I checked all 50+ pages of my order history, tried to be very watchful and I didnīt find it, but itīs really very easy to overlook things, if we donīt know where to look...
    The import pack was added to the PS4 Rocksmith 2014 in-game store on April 30 2015. I bought it back then as well. As I understand, this new Import/Export issue concerns only those who bought the pack on PS3.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►