Jayrocksd's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ExistedObject84 Go to original post
    Ok, the fact that it is a Pigpen Cipher (Pigpen was a member of the Grateful Dead), and that you can spell The Grateful Dead, Mickey Hart and Bob Weir all in the scramble keeps pushing me back to that direction. But I'm fresh out of ideas.
    Taking out those letters, you still have.

DOHSISNOOKENVCE So you need to make Something Grateful Dead related out of that.

By the way I can also find the words

The Doors, Morrison, and Bucky Dent

Jayrocksd's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by AlloysiusGrunt Go to original post
    I must point out that the quoted passage is actually "These voices - they are A kind of bridge back to the human world" meaning that the "a" is missing. That could easily be an error on Dan's or our part. But I suppose it could also mean that this is not the answer. Seems like an unlikely coincidence, though.
    The actual quote in the book is: "These voices - they're a kind of bridge back to the human world" so it works without the apostrophe

Originally Posted by Jayrocksd Go to original post
    Taking out those letters, you still have.

DOHSISNOOKENVCE So you need to make Something Grateful Dead related out of that.

By the way I can also find the words

The Doors, Morrison, and Bucky Dent
    DOH. SadGasm DLC confirmed

AlloysiusGrunt's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by N4TH4N08 Go to original post
    I think it's probably "These voices - they're a kind of bridge back to the human world"
    Just checked, you are correct.

Edited to add: So is Jayrocksd.

ghmorello's Avatar Senior Member
    Dammit Dan, don't eat lunch now!

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by ExistedObject84 Go to original post
    From Wikipedia page on The Doors of Perception:

This book was the influence behind Jim Morrison's naming his band The Doors in 1965
    Correct.

Originally Posted by toymachinesh Go to original post
    So it's a line from The Doors of Perception? Is it The Doors Song Pack 02?
    Yes! I'm happy to annou--

Originally Posted by toymachinesh Go to original post
    I highly doubt it's The Doors given that Bob Weir's name is somehow in the jumble
    Well, make up your mind -- I was all ready to confirm The Doors II...

It had been suggested that my recent puzzles were too easy, so I wanted to do something vague enough that it might not be solved in 20 minutes. Many thanks to my wife, who created a nice color palette for this one (mine looked garish and was hard to follow). However, there were two ways to solve this puzzle, and the other version was never found. You successfully broke down the characters by color, but nobody figured out why some groups were just one letter while others were nine letters. I mean, why not just split it into 7 groups of 7, right? So if you break down characters by color group:

1 t
    4 hese
    1 v
    7 oicesth
    6 eyreak
    2 in
    8 dofbridg
    5 eback
    9 tothehuma
    6 nworld

1417628596 -- or, as they say in the book world, 1-4176-2859-6, the ISBN for the current edition of Huxley's work.

Originally Posted by AlloysiusGrunt Go to original post
    I must point out that the quoted passage is actually "These voices - they are A kind of bridge back to the human world" meaning that the "a" is missing.
    The quote from the source text I used is "they're a kind of bridge" -- not "they are," and therefore no additional letter A.

Originally Posted by DARTH FLEAS Go to original post
    i'd take the silence from Dan as a sign we're barking up the wrong tree...
    Today I got in early to finish work on the puzzle so I could then attend three hours of back-to-back meetings. (And if I waited until now to post, I figured there would be complaints.) The puzzle is one of many responsibilities I have on Fridays, so I appreciate your patience.

So yes, Doors II 3-pack coming Tuesday.

Doors II FTW.

Break On Through
    People are Strange
    Hello, I Love You

Stoopid_Trippin's Avatar Member
    Doors 2. I can dig that.

ghmorello's Avatar Senior Member
    Doors 2: Electric Boogaloo

Another doors pack is cool I look forward to it. I'm a bit disappointed that it isn't the grateful dead after so many people told me I was wrong when I said that they are a band out of reach for rocksmith, I started to think it was possible.