Can't you guys give it a rest? I'd rather take the new ship than a beta lol... at least the ship looks pretty and will never last, unlike beta, and maybe we might see other surprises. Just watch some gameplay streams from gamescom and you will get an overall idea about how the game will be.

Maybe instead of a beta we might get a demo? At least the demo will be available no matter what and it might attract clients that never heard of Anno before.

Originally Posted by velociraptor2k Go to original post
    Can't you guys give it a rest?
    I don't see where Ubi has fixed the fundamental issue of their dishonesty, lack of communication and failure to provide compensation to those who had already paid for the pre-order for the beta. So no, we wont be giving it a rest.

I'd rather take the new ship than a beta lol...
    And you will get that, I'm happy that you are happy, but that doesn't float everyone elses boat or ship now does it. The majority want fair business for Ubis failure of their business.

Maybe instead of a beta we might get a demo? At least the demo will be available no matter what and it might attract clients that never heard of Anno before.
    They have already said no one gets nothing until release on November 3rd. You can keep hoping and throw hypotheticals around if you like, but that's usually for the lap of santa and asking him for a new bike. You might or might not get it. The difference is, Santa didn't promise you could ride around the bike before he finished painting it.

Now if you don't mind, you are yet another 3 post wonder guy that seems to defending Ubi for no other reason that you are happy with what they have done and that you don't care about the beta. Good for you, you can wait happily to November 3rd and we will keep talking about the issues which are not your issues.

Elrigh's Avatar Member
    This is how Blizzard replied to complaints about a press conference during GamesCom

I donīt say that Blizzard does everything right. But at least they now how to use twitter and to apologize.

Most companies will acknowledge their shortcomings and apologize as expected.

But, along with statements made by Mr. Gullemot, it's quite apparent by their repeated actions that Ubisoft does not follow the standard rules of etiquette.

As linked in a previous statement, a letter or commentary made by an ex employee of Ubisoft clearly defines the corporate culture of Ubisoft, one that is far more interested in high-turnover rate of games (and thus, profits). This leads to a company that exploits everyone involved, from the programmers who work 50-70 hours a week for 40 hour salaries, to customers who buy products that are so full of errors that it leads to class action lawsuits.

So, the behavior as seen with the Closed Beta offering of Anno 2205 should certainly come as no surprise to anyone who cares to look at the Company, itself.

In this case, a paraphrased quote made by Mr. Gullemot:
    "I don't care about PC games, because PC gamers are 90% pirates, anyway"

This is certainly borne out by their almost-tyrannical control of PC games through Uplay.

So.
    Apologies released by the company?
    HIGHLY unlikely.
    (I suspect the apology released for Assassin's Creed: Unity was directly related to the lawsuits)

Elrigh's Avatar Member
    My personal stress with the cancelled Beta does not end.

- I bought via Ubishop a day after the game was announced.

- Once the beta was cancelled I asked the Ubisupport for a refund. I think the Price is to high without the beta and hope that a few days before release there will be offers (steam. for example).. Even if not I think it is better to wait now because there may be somehting wrong in Annoland.

- Ubisupport contacted me 4 Days later (because of Weekend. They said that I will get my money back and accepted as reason for the refund that I am unhappy with the product. They also stated that it will take 10 Days to transfer my money. This is ridiculous. I had to pay instant but they take the fredeom to keep my money for more than a week before sending it back? Donīt tell me that the process to send it lasts 10 Days. It does not.
    If I go to a shop and give an article back because it was not like offered, I get my money back instant. Imagine when you do this and got told on the check-out that you will get your money in 10 Days.

- 10 Days have passed. Today is the 11th. Guess what? - Right. No Money.

Donīt know about the Rest of the World, but in Germany we have the Verbraucherzentrale - consumer advice centre. A nonprofit, gouvernment paid Institution with the purpose to watch and protect the Rights of the customers.

2013 the Verbraucherzentrale gave Ubisoft a dissuation because of an issue with data privacy in the terms and conditions of Settlers Online. I have an appointment tomorrow morning and am highly interested to hear what they have to say about this.

Good luck, tomorrow.

Let us know how it goes!

Originally Posted by Elrigh Go to original post
    My personal stress with the cancelled Beta does not end.

- I bought via Ubishop a day after the game was announced.

- Once the beta was cancelled I asked the Ubisupport for a refund. I think the Price is to high without the beta and hope that a few days before release there will be offers (steam. for example).. Even if not I think it is better to wait now because there may be somehting wrong in Annoland.

- Ubisupport contacted me 4 Days later (because of Weekend. They said that I will get my money back and accepted as reason for the refund that I am unhappy with the product. They also stated that it will take 10 Days to transfer my money. This is ridiculous. I had to pay instant but they take the fredeom to keep my money for more than a week before sending it back? Donīt tell me that the process to send it lasts 10 Days. It does not.
    If I go to a shop and give an article back because it was not like offered, I get my money back instant. Imagine when you do this and got told on the check-out that you will get your money in 10 Days.

- 10 Days have passed. Today is the 11th. Guess what? - Right. No Money.

Donīt know about the Rest of the World, but in Germany we have the Verbraucherzentrale - consumer advice centre. A nonprofit, gouvernment paid Institution with the purpose to watch and protect the Rights of the customers.

2013 the Verbraucherzentrale gave Ubisoft a dissuation because of an issue with data privacy in the terms and conditions of Settlers Online. I have an appointment tomorrow morning and am highly interested to hear what they have to say about this.
    Oh, i got told since i payed with credit card they don't substract until the day it omes out. LoL, my prepaid credit card balance (which i use for online purchases, just in case of this) said differently. Anyway need to contact ATOS nos to get official proof and such. What a joke. Maybe should forward the phone bill.

Elrigh's Avatar Member
    Back from my appointment with the Verbraucherzentrale.

I told them the whole story and showed them the E-Mails and this thread. The woman I talked to is no lawyer and does only act as an advisor. She understood why I was upset about the cancellation of the beta but made clear that I have no choice to accept it unless I want to wage a long an expensive lawsuit against the odds by myself.

Because Ubisoft is willing to refund the money, the Verbraucherzentrale sees no reason to become involved about the beta.

(Keep in mind that we talk about german law)

But she was deeply concerned about the fact that Ubisoft failed in communication. She stated that if Ubisoft makes changes to a not released Software - what they can do until release day, even if it is already paid (when they are willing to refund) - they have the duty to contact EVERY SINGLE BUYER to make clear that there was a change and what kind of.

A Single Post in a forum ist NOT ENOUGH to fullfill this duty. And to expect that the customers or the media do this job is "a bad joke". The story about my not-yet-happened-refund makes this even worse.

Itīs enough for her to contact the guys which filed a lawsuit against Ubisoft because of Anno Online. This may end in nothing, maybe not. Weīll see.

About my missing payment she was very clear. I re-opened the intial ticket about the refund yesterday and still wait for an answer. If I get no answer (or my money) until Friday I will call her again and the Verbraucherzentrale will write a demand note in my name, which will result in additional fees for Ubisoft.

This is the best the Verbraucherzentrale could do - it would be different if dozends or hundreds of customers would complain.

Originally Posted by Elrigh Go to original post
    Back from my appointment with the Verbraucherzentrale.

I told them the whole story and showed them the E-Mails and this thread. The woman I talked to is no lawyer and does only act as an advisor. She understood why I was upset about the cancellation of the beta but made clear that I have no choice to accept it unless I want to wage a long an expensive lawsuit against the odds by myself.

Because Ubisoft is willing to refund the money, the Verbraucherzentrale sees no reason to become involved about the beta.

(Keep in mind that we talk about german law)
    Was afraid that may be the case. I'm sure it's not much different, whether EU or US, either.

The part about "long and expensive lawsuit by myself" - is why I suggested that a class-action lawsuit would be pretty much the only way to go. But, as it's "just a broken promise about 'closed beta' ", and not 'failure to deliver product' (much like Assassin's Creed: Unity), then it's a difficult legal argument.

But she was deeply concerned about the fact that Ubisoft failed in communication. She stated that if Ubisoft makes changes to a not released Software - what they can do until release day, even if it is already paid (when they are willing to refund) - they have the duty to contact EVERY SINGLE BUYER to make clear that there was a change and what kind of.

A Single Post in a forum ist NOT ENOUGH to fullfill this duty. And to expect that the customers or the media do this job is "a bad joke". The story about my not-yet-happened-refund makes this even worse.

Itīs enough for her to contact the guys which filed a lawsuit against Ubisoft because of Anno Online. This may end in nothing, maybe not. Weīll see.
    Now THIS is good to hear.
    It's also the major point of contention for most of us who pre-ordered the game based upon the promise of the 'closed beta'. The complete lack of communication.

About my missing payment she was very clear. I re-opened the intial ticket about the refund yesterday and still wait for an answer. If I get no answer (or my money) until Friday I will call her again and the Verbraucherzentrale will write a demand note in my name, which will result in additional fees for Ubisoft.

This is the best the Verbraucherzentrale could do - it would be different if dozends or hundreds of customers would complain.

Being US citizen, not sure I could be of any help....
    Besides the fact that I already requested and received a refund from Steam (who I bought the game through).

This has been a concern of mine from the beginning. Companies like Ubisoft know that they can get away with whatever misbehavior, simply due to the fact that it takes LARGE numbers of very upset customers to band together to make a difference. And that is so very unlikely to happen.
    And... lawsuits are expensive, and what player could afford to start the process??

So, I tried to forward the information to the gaming news agencies, along with encouragement to other players to do the same.
    Happily, I've seen a few who have picked up on the "Ubisoft angers customers with broken promises" story. A few is far better than none. With ongoing pressure and complaints, hopefully others will also look into the story and publish what has been going on.

Elrigh's Avatar Member
    Surprise, Surprise...I received my money.