1. #31
    Originally Posted by BadWhippet Go to original post
    It depends upon your local consumer laws. Ubisoft made a contract with the buyer advertising "Pre-order now and gain access to the beta". By accepting the payment, the contract was completed for EU buyers. Ubisoft are no longer providing the product they are under contract to provide (as advertised) and so have broken legal terms and conditions of sale. The only way they have a right to withdraw would be for the store page to state CLEARLY that beta access might not be possible and Ubisoft maintains the right to withdraw this from the conditions of the contract.

    I didn't pre-order, but I strongly recommend that anyone who did and wish for a refund take a screenshot of the Anno 2025 main page (advertising the offer) now, as proof of product purchased.
    Sorry to tell you but they haven't, the Beta Access was free with the pre-order, meaning that they can legally change the terms and conditions of the pre-order, if the price of the product also included the cost of the Beta Key then yes, you would be correct, but since it came free with the pre-order, means that they can legally do what they want with the Beta key, and it would only be illegal if they never stated the change of terms and conditions to the community.

    Hint: EU Law only covers what is purchased within the pre-order and doesn't cover free content, meaning they cannot change anything with the collectors edition or gold pack with the exception of the Beta Key as this came free with it.
    Share this post

  2. #32
    Originally Posted by Pikachu_Trainer Go to original post
    it would only be illegal if they never stated the change of terms and conditions to the community.
    and they never did.

    And no where did it say pre-order now and you will get a free beta access which can be withdrawn at anytime. It cleary said:

    PRE-ORDER OFFER - Pre-order now and get your access to the beta.

    Ubi has failed to deliver on the terms of sale they said they would deliver. It says in plain English "Pre-order now and get your access to the beta." not "Pre-order now and be eligible for a beta that may or may not happen"

    Just a warning guys, this 'Pikachu_Trainer' person is likely an Ubi staffer posting on a newly created account. The link I provided before where the website still said "PRE-ORDER OFFER - Pre-order now and get your access to the beta." has now had its text completely removed no longer showing that part, dumbly enough they also removed the game info. I got it screen shotted though and its available through search engine cache, its not going away. They gave themselves away by sending me a private message saying "I checked that page it says nothing like that" and so I checked it and the content was pulled along with the digitalriver pictures, the cover up and damage control is starting.

    Ive now added this person to ignore, they are underhanded like ubi and its beta promise.
    Share this post

  3. #33
    Originally Posted by kpo1379 Go to original post
    and they never did.

    And no where did it say pre-order now and you will get a free beta access which can be withdrawn at anytime. It cleary said:

    PRE-ORDER OFFER - Pre-order now and get your access to the beta.

    Ubi has failed to deliver on the terms of sale they said they would deliver. It says in plain English "Pre-order now and get your access to the beta." not "Pre-order now and be eligible for a beta that may or may not happen"

    Just a warning guys, this 'Pikachu_Trainer' person is likely an Ubi staffer posting on a newly created account. The link I provided before where the website still said "PRE-ORDER OFFER - Pre-order now and get your access to the beta." has now had its text completely removed no longer showing that part, dumbly enough they also removed the game info. I got it screen shotted though and its available through search engine cache, its not going away. They gave themselves away by sending me a private message saying "I checked that page it says nothing like that" and so I checked it and the content was pulled along with the digitalriver pictures, the cover up and damage control is starting.

    Ive now added this person to ignore, they are underhanded like ubi and its beta promise.
    As I've stated before, this is a Ubisoft product, they withhold the right to be able to change the terms and conditions of the pre-order when it comes to Beta access, yes they can use it to advertise, but they still withhold the right to change that.

    Also to accuse someone of being a Staffer for a company is pretty low, I've had this account for a long time and never used it for the forums till now, as usually most of the games on here are played through STEAM such as Anno 2070 and Far Cry 3 and 4.
    Share this post

  4. #34
    Originally Posted by Pikachu_Trainer Go to original post
    Also to accuse someone of being a Staffer for a company is pretty low, I've had this account for a long time and never used it for the forums till now, .
    Pikachu_Trainer Pikachu_Trainer is online now
    Junior Member
    Join Date:
    07-30-2015
    You have had this account less than 48 hours.. that's a long time is it? Clearly you are an ubi staffer jumping on here with a new account to their defence completely baseless claiming they have the right to screw over their customers.

    Pulling the beta without explanation was low, pretending, hiding and lying under a false account to cover stuff up is even worse. I'm glad I saw this before I pushed the ignore button. But now you are on ignore I wont see you again.

    EXPOSED.
    Share this post

  5. #35
    Originally Posted by kpo1379 Go to original post
    You have had this account less than 48 hours.. that's a long time is it? Clearly you are an ubi staffer jumping on here with a new account to their defence complete baseless claiming they have the right to screw over their customers.

    Pulling the beta without explanation was low, pretending, hiding and lying under a false account to cover stuff up is even worse. I'm glad I saw this before I pushed the ignore button. But now you are on ignore I wont see you again.

    EXPOSED.
    Actually I've had the account for a long time, and I never used it for the forums, the join date is for when my account was activated on the forums, how ever I've had the account since November 2012 as of my purchase of HAWK 2 on STEAM.
    Share this post

  6. #36
    I pre-ordered based on the game alone, however it did give several options one of which was pre-order Gold Edition now and get access to beta before release. This was an incentive to buy the Gold Edition. Otherwise I would have just bought the regular version. This is what we call in the United States false advertisement and it is actually illegal in the U.S. If I didn't love Anno 2070 so much, and the very idea of Anno 2205, I would probably contact the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission,The Division of Advertising Practices. "The Division of Advertising Practices protects consumers from unfair or deceptive advertising and marketing practices that raise health and safety concerns, as well as those that cause economic injury. It brings law enforcement actions in federal district court to stop fraudulent advertising practices, coordinates FTC actions with federal and international law enforcement agencies sharing authority over health and safety products and services, and monitors advertising and marketing of alcohol, tobacco, violent entertainment media, and food to children. The Division also brings administrative lawsuits to stop unfair and deceptive advertising." https://www.ftc.gov/about-ftc/bureau...sing-practices Nice boat but that is not going to cut the mustard.
    Share this post

  7. #37
    Originally Posted by kpo1379 Go to original post
    Done and done:

    Anno 2205
    Playtime: None
    Purchased: Jul 5, 2015
    View in my Library
    Purchased on Steam - view receipt

    You selected the issue: It's not what I expected

    Help me fix gameplay or technical issues

    Success, your refund request is now pending
    Hello
    Your purchase has been refunded by Steam.
    We’ve issued the refund to your Steam wallet. The funds will be shown now as pending and will become available to spend within 7 days.

    Purchased: Jul 15, 2015 MIST

    Thank you steam!

    And now I'm bowing out of this thread. ill check back November 3rd to see if the game lives up to the hype.
    Share this post

  8. #38
    Originally Posted by Saponi360 Go to original post
    I pre-ordered based on the game alone, however it did give several options one of which was pre-order Gold Edition now and get access to beta before release. This was an incentive to buy the Gold Edition. Otherwise I would have just bought the regular version. This is what we call in the United States false advertisement and it is actually illegal in the U.S. If I didn't love Anno 2070 so much, and the very idea of Anno 2205, I would probably contact the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission,The Division of Advertising Practices. "The Division of Advertising Practices protects consumers from unfair or deceptive advertising and marketing practices that raise health and safety concerns, as well as those that cause economic injury. It brings law enforcement actions in federal district court to stop fraudulent advertising practices, coordinates FTC actions with federal and international law enforcement agencies sharing authority over health and safety products and services, and monitors advertising and marketing of alcohol, tobacco, violent entertainment media, and food to children. The Division also brings administrative lawsuits to stop unfair and deceptive advertising." https://www.ftc.gov/about-ftc/bureau...sing-practices Nice boat but that is not going to cut the mustard.
    There is a difference between False Advertising and changing the Terms and Conditions of the Pre-order, False Advertising would be to not deliver the Beta when the game launches without changing those Terms and Conditions of said preorder, and changing the Terms and Conditions is self-explanatory.
    Share this post

  9. #39
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Barbalatu Go to original post
    Dear Anno players and fans,

    As you may know, Anno 2205 will be playable for the first time by fans at Gamescom next week. We are indeed very excited to put the game in the players’ hands and we will look forward to receiving feedback at this occasion. However, we won’t be able to hold the previously announced closed beta. Still, we can’t wait to take you to the moon on November 3rd.

    As a reward for your engagement, and because we want to thank our most loyal players, the development team is making sure to provide an in-game bonus for those of you who have or will pre-order the game before release. More details will be revealed in the coming weeks, but here’s a preview of this unlockable item.



    For those of you who pre-ordered Anno 2205 in store, you will get this exclusive Command Ship and also an exclusive Corporation Emblem with the provided code.
    If you pre-ordered the game digitally, you will receive it shortly before release from our digital partners.
    For more information, do not hesitate to contact us directly here: https://support.ubi.com

    We are looking forward to delivering Anno 2205, which represents for us a key evolution of the Anno franchise.

    Best,
    The Anno 2205 team
    I do writing work with TechRaptor, and while we have reported on the event (http://techraptor.net/content/anno-2...ders-cancelled), this is definitely editorial material in terms of the blatent disrespect for the consumer. While I understand that the decision is probably above your head, and you can only do what's within your power, I have a list of questions that I would like answered:

    1. Considering that contact information would be needed regarding purchases regarding pre-orders online, why was there no formal communication made via email or other means besides this thread regarding indicating to users that this was going to happen? Anyone who doesn't normally see this thread may not have gotten the indication, and considering the product has changed at this point, that's a huge reason for them to change their thoughts on the game at this point. This will get you in trouble with European law regarding one sided changes to a contract for example, and this being a contract of form with a delivery of the promised pre-order bonus, as shown here: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...s/index_en.htm
    2. Why has the http://anno-game.ubi.com/anno-2205/e...eta/index.aspx not been updated at all with the change in context regarding the game's purchase at this time? It's clearly a case of false advertisement now as you are selling a product that is by your own account not delivering the product in question.
    3. This question has already been asked, but the sake of an official answer, why is the game playable at Gamescom and not being allowed to have access for Pre-Orders?

    I will be attempting to get a fellow TR writer who's going to Gamescom to answer these questions directly from the devs in question, but there's blatent consumer abuse here.
    Share this post

  10. #40
    Originally Posted by Pikachu_Trainer Go to original post
    There is a difference between False Advertising and changing the Terms and Conditions of the Pre-order, False Advertising would be to not deliver the Beta when the game launches without changing those Terms and Conditions of said preorder, and changing the Terms and Conditions is self-explanatory.
    Wrong. False advertising includes any print, audio, or video advertising that differs from the final product itself. Terms and Conditions only apply to the relationship between merchant and customer after the delivery of that product.

    Now, Ubisoft is still more or less in the legal clear here, because no final product was ever delivered, so false advertising doesn't apply in a legal respect.

    However, you're making a really weak argument to say that all that's in play here is a legal question. People aren't upset because Ubisoft broke a contract, they're upset because of Ubisoft's behavior and abject contempt for their customer base. That something is legal does not make it just, and that something is just, does not make it right. Ubisoft enticed potentially thousands of customers to pre-order a product on the basis of their receiving access to a closed beta. Not only did they go back on that, but they also failed to notify customers outside of a relatively low-trafficked forum. No e-mails, not even a social media post. It smacks of shadiness and a lack of respect for the people who pay for their product.

    Moreover, what are you really trying to say here? That people are wrong for now seeking a refund? Fortunately I think most of us here bought the pre-order on Steam, so your sideways notion of wrong and right is irrelevant. I certainly hope UPlay allows for refunds as easily as Steam does, or there will likely be hell to pay.
    Share this post