I've defended this company in the forums before, but I wont again. This shows how uncaring of the fans this company is. Like I said on the Beta Discussion, a sailboat and a picture is all anybody gets for a pre-order. That's a pretty lousy pre-order incentive as it is, but we are talking about a pre-order that God-knows how many people signed up for under the pretense of receiving the Beta beforehand. Am I safe in assuming that millions of dollars was made in pre-orders already? And what do the excited fans get for it? A sailboat model and a picture, which probably costed less than a day of development. Not a single mention of a reason, a reimbursement or even a hint of an apology.This is more than uncaring, it is insulting.

This is exactly why indie developers are looked at as the shining beacons of hope amongst a battlefield of greedy giants. I hope that one day, the giants will fall and their games will be made by those who deserve to make them, and when that happens, no one will cry over the loss of Ubisoft.

FYI: My credit card charge for this pre-order didn't even go through so I am not even upset because I have a financial investment in this, I just truly care for games and the community behind them. I'd love to see if there any caring Ubisoft employees out there willing to address this post...

Elrigh's Avatar Member
    Like the previous poster I am upset about the whole story. Mainly because we did not get an explanation. This is a very unusual process for Ubisoft - starting a pre-order and changing it half a month later - with 3 full months left until relase. Enough time to set up and host a beta.

So the Question is: What has changed in this two weeks since the start of the pre-order?

I want to believe that there is a good reason for this but as long as we don´t know the reason the community will assume something negative about the game or the company. My wishful thinking is that Ubisoft realized it would be unfair to restrict the beta to a privileged group instead of an open beta. Or - as an example for less positive thinking - the number of pre-orders where to low to valuate the time and effort spend in a beta.

As long as the community does not get an explanation Ubisoft will appear in a bad light.

Oh - by the way - I wanted to pre-order Assassins Creed Syndicate.
    But now I think it would be better to wait until shortly before Release. Did I mention that I hate this kind of surprise?

I also go for a refund for the already bought Anno 2205 CE. I do not say that I don´t buy it - a couple of days before release. But until then I want my money back so I can spend it on something else while carefully watching the media about news from a game I just lost a lot of trust in.

Have requested refund. Not buying, after this display of complete disregard for their customer base.

1) Enticement to order NOW with an offer of closed BETA - but no access. No date given for access. This led to many an individual feeling mislead.

2) Failure to deliver upon promise, followed by meaningless and CHEAP replacement. A 'skin'. Seriously? This has NO value whatsoever.

3) UTTER failure to show any 'remorse' for their failures. NO apology. NO attempt to contact pre-order customers directly. Simply a post that likely will never be seen by the vast majority of pre-order customers.

This is not a company I will do business with. And, of course, a bad customer relationship will invariably lead to word being spread to others. Very poor business dealings.

Elrigh's Avatar Member
    To make things worse:

NO word on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or uplay. People which already bought the game and are not attending the forum or not checking out the games website may not be aware that there will be no beta and that they do not get what they are already paid for.

Pel.meno's Avatar Junior Member
    Fine. Just great. Instead of a chance to play before the release, and to improve the game, you are giving us a boat. Boat! Yes, you say that Anno 2205 will be playing at gamescom. But what part of the pre-orderers have the opportunity to get there?
    I'm not going to cancel the pre-order, as I hope and believe in game. But this is disgusting and dirty.
    So many people believe you, and you fooled them.
    I hope your conscience will wake up, and you will return the closed beta, or at least will give a replacement, covering as a lack of beta, and our disappointment.

oh ubisoft, once again you have shown your true colours you enticed us with a beta for this game, only to lead US up the garden path to another broken promise. like many above me, I too will be requesting a refund. I am utterly disgusted with this.

I will be buying the game but it will be after release when it's a lot cheaper.. ubisoft you should be ashamed of yourselves. I had a sneaking suspicion there was no beta, coming forward because there was no release date, every time we asked there was no answer, "oh we don't have a date yet" lets face it, there was no beta was there, it was all a con to get us to pre order a game. well this is why I never ever preorder.

hang your heads in shame.

slap in the face

well this is rude, I pre-ordered for the beta. If there wasn't a beta I would have just waited for release, read the game play reviews then made a decision to buy.. The incentive of pre-order has been taken away and therefore I have been mislead. If the game turns out to be garbage then my money has been stolen as well.

Since there is no pre-order beta I am likely going to get a refund and wait until after release and decide after reading gameplay reviews or seeing gameplay footage.. Honestly I would not have taken this action if I had received an email to advise of this decision, I would have thought that sucks but thanks for keeping me posted, I am taking my money back and off ubi on the basis I came onto the forum to see if there was any updates and there is this sly underhanded slipped in quietly retraction of the beta along with a big **** you lack of reason.

I'm ok with the beta not happening, I am not ok with the lack of communication. Playing with other peoples money is like playing with their emotions.

Hopefully the game is good as it is sounding, you will get my money back mid November, if its a disappointment, well you get nothing.

End of the day, all I tried to do was give you money in exchange for what you promised you would give me, so far you have decided you don't my money. That was your choice.

The other thing that is trash about this is:

Originally Posted by Ubi-Barbalatu Go to original post
    As you may know, Anno 2205 will be playable for the first time by fans at Gamescom next week. We are indeed very excited to put the game in the players’ hands and we will look forward to receiving feedback at this occasion. However, we won’t be able to hold the previously announced closed beta. Still, we can’t wait to take you to the moon on November 3rd.
    So basically the people who will be getting to play the beta are by every chance people that have not paid a cent to pre-order and then ubi is only interested in the feedback these people give as opposed to the people who open their wallets and have already given over the money. Way to go to crap on your community, sell something with a pre-order beta, tell them you are interested in their feedback then turn around and say, you are not going to get what you paid for and we aren't interested in what you got to say. Perhaps your post should have said:

Originally Posted by Ubi-Barbalatu Go to original post
    As you may know, Anno 2205 will be playable for the first time by randoms at Gamescom next week. We are indeed very excited to put the beta in the hands of players that may not have even pre-ordered under the glitz, glamour and media attention of Gamescom, we will look forward to receiving feedback at this occasion as it will make us look good at Gamescom. However, since we won’t be able to hold the previously announced closed beta, we will add back in some artwork that may or may not have made it into the game anyways. Still, we can’t wait to take your money leading up to November 3rd so our development costs are covered and then everything is money for jam after that. Thanks again suckers!

Originally Posted by kpo1379 Go to original post
    As you may know, Anno 2205 will be playable for the first time by randoms at Gamescom next week. We are indeed very excited to put the beta in the hands of players that may not have even pre-ordered under the glitz, glamour and media attention of Gamescom, we will look forward to receiving feedback at this occasion as it will make us look good at Gamescom. However, since we won’t be able to hold the previously announced closed beta, we will add back in some artwork that may or may not have made it into the game anyways. Still, we can’t wait to take your money leading up to November 3rd so our development costs are covered and then everything is money for jam after that. Thanks again suckers!
    Well stated kpo1379. Just like the pre-order exclusive contents in Watch Dogs, this "Exclusive" content will probably be re-branded and sold shortly after release. Just another steaming pile laid on the loyalty of the fans.

Ubi-Barbalatu's Avatar Community Developer
    Hi everyone,

I can understand your frustration and I will make sure to pass your feedback and feelings on to the team. I am also sure, that some of the hardcore Anno Fans will be there at GamesCom and will talk to the devs to get some addtional information and share them with you guys.

Regards,
    Barbalatu

Hmmm

This is by far a let down. First, we wait weeks for the devs to reply to our questions only for them to choose 4 BS questions to answer. Then this stupid boat yes, it looks lovely; however, it is truly an insult. I have remained mostly quite about this game. While silently staying up to date on everything. As far as "excited to let players try the game out" you have possibly hundreds of people that have paid you in pre-order fashion dying to test it. Open the beta or at least a alpha with a select group of players. Let the Anno fans actually try it out instead of random game convention goers.

It would seem that the devs are making more enemies than fans at this point... Which is truly a damn shame.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... Last ►►