Thread: Wierd sound with new weapons | Forums

Has anyone noticed that the new weapons in Athena sword have "muffled" sound? I tried playing with the orginal weapons to make sure something wasn't wrong with my audio card and they sound fine. This a very odd problem.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Has anyone noticed that the new weapons in Athena sword have "muffled" sound? I tried playing with the orginal weapons to make sure something wasn't wrong with my audio card and they sound fine. This a very odd problem.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, especially noticable on the shotgun. You can barely hear it.

yes the shotgun sounds like a pistol, and the m240golf makes some wierd sound sometimes. I would also like it if the M4 and m14 had separate sounds. Pretty lazy on that one and easy to fix.

their seems to be a LOT of sound issues with the new expantion, i dont know why, and i dont think we will hear an explanation and they usually dont show us a changelog thats anygood. but i do notice a lot of the problems myself. actually at first i didnt notice any problems, then i played for a few more days, and everyday i notice a new problem, and much of the things a lot of the people describe here.

downloads: http://www.tacticalcenter.net/dl.php
    join #ravenshield on irc.gamesurge.net irc://irc.gamesurge.net/ravenshield

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MT_UnclePhil:
    yes the shotgun sounds like a pistol, and the m240golf makes some wierd sound sometimes. I would also like it if the M4 and m14 had separate sounds. Pretty lazy on that one and easy to fix.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the m240 makes the folding tripod sound after everytime you fire it. Super annoying.

I thought that the sound in this game was supposed to be so superb. The press release kept touting the fact that the sound effects where done by the same people who did the "Matrix" movies. You think the delay in launching would make for a perfect game. Guess not. Anyone have any thought on if/how this problem could be fixed?

Maybe thats how the guns sounds like in the matrix. maybe you should take a pill and hear the gun how they sound in the real world.

This was one of the first things that i noticed when playing the game for the first time. It's not so much that the gun sounds are bad or anything. Apart from the m240 that is, with the weird reload sound after each time you fire. It's the volume levels of the different weapons. They're all over the shop. Especially the new shotgun. I would hope that with whatever patches are on the way that they could ammend this.

All the new weapons sound terribly WEAK. What am I shooting, a cap pistol? The M1014 almost sounds like a paintball gun.