Oleg said:

"So, finally we have 112 flyables in FB + AEP.
    We did for all "missed" in the past important flyable aircraft the complex damage model.
    And we have over 150 aircraft in total..."

So wings and tails won't snap off with one .50 hit and 200 rounds of .50 to the fusalage will do damage!

www.7Jg77.com

Oleg said:

We did for all "missed" in the past important flyable aircraft the complex damage model.

So wings and tails won't snap off with one .50 hit and 200 rounds of .50 to the fusalage will do damage!

www.7Jg77.com

The FW190 can stand proud!

SeaFireLIV...

The Fights continue out of the Servers...

Yeah, that's great news!

Especially because I was flying my FW-190D-9 against four ace P-51's and four B-17's yesterday, the P-51's managed to pepper my hull with hundreds (and I mean absolutely hundreds of rounds, I had arcade mode on, so I could see the hits) of rounds of .50 ammo, after having dispatched of them with no real FM side effects, I went after the B17's, of which a gunner managed to take a shot at me from an amazing distance, he fired a single round which not only hit, but took my wing clean off too. Yay for the complex damage model!

Lmao,

I agree Red_storm.

A couple of days ago on a server; forget wich one, I was flying the FWD9.

My first atempt to take out a B-17 failed. One of the gunners blow my wing off lol.

Second atempt i took FWA9 with some duel MK rounds or what ever you call them. Well i used all my amo and the bloody thing kept flying.

I know i have little experiance with the FW, but little trouble taking down a B-17 using a P-47. I even can take one down using a P-51, takes 3 or 4 passes though.

Capt. 361stMapleTiger.

I guess he means the half of the god@amned VVS aircraft.

JG26Red's Avatar Senior Member
    I dont consider the D series to be bomber busters, just dont have the guns to take down B17s... A series with the mk108 wing cannons, pods or mk103 pods are definate bomber eaters... i made a quick mission last night, 12 B17s and a flight of 4 A9s with wing cannons, i alone took out 4 B17s.. 9 of the 17s where killed while 1 190 was... i found out the best place to put a few 108 rounds is in the wings... dont mess with the body... all my kills where wing removers...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by faustnik:
    Oleg said:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey that's wonderful! I guess that means the LaGG-3 finally has a detailed damage model too.

Zen--'s Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG26Red:
    I dont consider the D series to be bomber busters, just dont have the guns to take down B17s... A series with the mk108 wing cannons, pods or mk103 pods are definate bomber eaters... i made a quick mission last night, 12 B17s and a flight of 4 A9s with wing cannons, i alone took out 4 B17s.. 9 of the 17s where killed while 1 190 was... i found out the best place to put a few 108 rounds is in the wings... dont mess with the body... all my kills where wing removers...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The D9 does quite well actually, though the ride is bumpy and full of adrenaline It's not the best plane for the job, takes often 3 or 4 passes but it survives much better than Zero's or La's or Yaks do. In any case it's fun and is a nice feeling to know you can work the Dora's magic on anything you come across.

(Side note, never tried it offline against more than 1...might get different results. Online against 2 is usually not a problem, 3 is problematic)

With the CDM coming (yaaay!) I wonder if the Dora will get shredded...

-Zen-
    Formerly TX-Zen