Thread: AC Syndicate Pre-Launch Feedback/Concerns Thread (For the Developers) | Forums

Megas_Doux's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by rob1990312 Go to original post
    any word on who the creative director is or who the main writer is
    Jeffrey Yohalem is the writer, which doesn´t excite me, being honest.

Originally Posted by EmptyCrustacean Go to original post
    Who is the writer?

- London looks very good (although too dark and gritty, needs some levity).
    I didn´t even enjoy the city!!!!

Granted Paris is way more beautiful than London to begin with. But even then, I´m NOT liking its portrayal so far.....

Democrito_71's Avatar Member
    The things I'm concerned after watching the gameplay walkthrough, is that Ubi are reusing Arnos walking/running/crawling animations into Jacob.

I expected at first Jacob would have his own walking/running/crawling animations instead of reusing Arnos animations. This is actually similiar how Ubi reused Altairs walking/running animations into Ezio and when we finally got to play as a Connor after playing Ezio from 2009-2011, I was amazed that he felt like a all new character just because of his own set of walking/running animations.

I love these little details for each main character and I loved that Edwards walking/running animations were different than Connors but that Ubi are literally reusing Arnos walking/running/crawling animations into Jacob is just lazy imo. Give Jacob his own set of walking/running/crawling animations to make him feel like an all new character(animation wise) and so his own movements adds to his personality.

And make him crawl faster than he does in the gameplay walkthrough so he can sneak around faster if he's getting detected and need to hide from enemies sight fast to prevent him and Evie to get detected without the need of running away from them.

The combat look more spectacular and more fun than the combat system in Unity although it looks a bit easer so I hope I'm proven wrong when I play it. And the combat looks a bit clunky, so smooth the animations in hand to hand combat and make it less fast paced so Jacob and Evie aren't reusing the same combat animation on the same enemy.

And the soundtrack sound more true to the time period compared to Unitys sci fi/french classical music mix, which I'm very happy to hear! Although I think the game should have an ambient soundtrack. Not like the pompous ambient soundtracks previous titles but the more short and noticeable ambient soundtrack like in Red Dead Redemption where the ambient soundtrack were short enough to give the players a good mood of it's cowboy era. So I think AC Syndicate could win a lot on having several short ambient soundtracks to give us players a good mood of the Victorian era instead of either having big pompous ambient soundtracks like in the past or having none at all.

Helforsite's Avatar Member
    This thread seems kind of pointless at the moment, because everybody is contradicting the post before.

EmptyCrustacean's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by Democrito_71 Go to original post
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2]The things I'm concerned after watching the gameplay walkthrough, is that Ubi are reusing Arnos walking/running/crawling animations into Jacob.

I expected at first Jacob would have his own walking/running/crawling animations instead of reusing Arnos animations. This is actually similiar how Ubi reused Altairs walking/running animations into Ezio and when we finally got to play as a Connor after playing Ezio from 2009-2011, I was amazed that he felt like a all new character just because of his own set of walking/running animations.

I love these little details for each main character and I loved that Edwards walking/running animations were different than Connors but that Ubi are literally reusing Arnos walking/running/crawling animations into Jacob is just lazy imo. Give Jacob his own set of walking/running/crawling animations to make him feel like an all new character(animation wise) and so his own movements adds to his personality.
    Yeah, I noticed that too but I gave it a pass as I liked Arno's walk. but I see what you're saying about it giving the protagonist more personality and uniqueness.

VoXngola's Avatar Member
    any word on who the creative director is or who the main writer is

Corey May is narrative director, Jeffrey Yohalem the lead writer.
    Creative Director is Marc Alexis Cote, he was CD of TOKW.

Megas_Doux's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by VoXngola Go to original post
    Corey May is narrative director, Jeffrey Yohalem the lead writer.
    Creative Director is Marc Alexis Cote, he was CD of TOKW.
    Corey may??????

My hype for this game died even more....

VoXngola's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Megas_Doux Go to original post
    Corey may??????

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Megas_Doux Go to original post
    Corey may??????

Corey May is the Godfather of the series.

How very dare you.

rob1990312's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Shahkulu101 Go to original post
    Corey May is the Godfather of the series.

How very dare you.
    patrice desilets is the godfather of the series

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member
    patrice desilets is the godfather of the series
    Well Corey essentially created the lore, he's the original writer.

You don't need to brown-nose Patrice for everything.