With the release of Pacfic Fighters ( which for me isnt really an area of WW2 which I have a great interest in. Maybe as it was mainly between the USA and Japan.) Will IL2 FB stop being supported in the way of Patches etc?

I was under the impression that the next game was BOB which I will buy a new PC for. I wouldnt do this for any other game. However I dont know whether I will buy PAcfic Fighters if it is a full priced stand alone sim.

With the release of Pacfic Fighters ( which for me isnt really an area of WW2 which I have a great interest in. Maybe as it was mainly between the USA and Japan.) Will IL2 FB stop being supported in the way of Patches etc?

I was under the impression that the next game was BOB which I will buy a new PC for. I wouldnt do this for any other game. However I dont know whether I will buy PAcfic Fighters if it is a full priced stand alone sim.

If it is going to be a standalone I`m probably going to stick with AEP and wait for BOB.

My thoughts also.

This could split the communtiy up though which is a shame.

A good point, I'm very excited about the battle of britain sim. Hopefully AI, Flight models etc will be common so a tweek in either game will be applicable to both.

The question is will IL2's code be updated or will it be left to wither until an IL2 2.0 comes out using the new PF and BOB core code?

I hope there will be a good manual for each title, I'd pay extra for a hard copy of the manual included in the game box. Ie a lite version with electronic manual or a full version with a LOMAC manual type folder.

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Ill buy it regardless...though I am not a big fan of the PTO either. Too much water. I'd buy it just to experience a Corsair under Oleg's FMs. It wouldnt be so bad if it was a standalone yet still compatible with the FB engine...... where you could switch objects and planes around and it would work. THAT would be great actually..... I had CFS2.. but i didnt fly it much.. I preferred one because of the theatre.

evey999 wrote:
    The question is will IL2's code be updated or will it be left to wither until an IL2 2.0 comes out using the new PF and BOB core code?

The AEP is IL2FB version 2.0. I am hoping that PF will update the FB engine to 3.0 after the next series of patches.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles[/list]
    UDQMG | HYPERLOBBY | IL2 Manager | MUDMOVERS

I have some interest in the PTO, but I have a great interest in CBI. Either way, I will likely try to get PF, but I hope upon hope it is compatible with everything we already have in FB & AEP. With the USN and especially the British carriers we will get in PF, we could make MTO-ish missions until the Offical Med game comes out post-BoB. Just think how great it would be to retain the existing maps in PF. With the landing craft that have been promised in PF, D-Day missions will be possible if we can still use the Normandy map and German Objects.

Even if not everyone is interested in Pacific operations at sea, full compatibility between the two games would multiply the simming options we already have in FB & AEP.

I get the feeling that PF won't be that popular, I mean there is a certain interest in the ETO that I just don't think the PTO has. I think that the addition of the 2 Japanese planes and a "Pacific" map was enough to whet the appetite of the IL2 community as far as the PTO is concerned. I don't think adding a few more planes and aircraft carriers will be enough to base a whole title on. It might fly as an expansion pack but not as a stand-alone.

I feel kinda ripped off paying as much as I did for AEP just to get 2 planes that I wanted to fly, (BF-110 and Me-163). There's no way that I would pay full price just to try landing on an a carrier. I think they should do a little more reasearch before they commit to making this it's own title.

They really need to clear this mess up right away. The release of an add-on to FB would keep the cohesion of the community and the sim. A stand alone Pacific Fighters is just not a good idea IMHO. Can you imagine what would happend to online play if a third stand alone 1C World War 2 flight sim. Please Oleg make it an add-on and keep us all together. Don't split things up for WWII with multiple non compatiable sims please.

-------------------------
    Because I like too! Get a life!

Well, FB/AEP are mainly based in the eastern front and there still things to be done for this scenary like an Italian, Croatian, early Bulgary, early Romania and early Poland campaigns (if not others) aswell more maps covering some missing areas like Minsk, Kiev, Kishinev, etc, aswell there are a lot of russian and german planes to be flayable and added, and of other nations too.
    Don`t worry

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►