Is it just me or does the engine start up for the HE-162 sound like a prop engine for a few seconds and then goes to jet sound ?? I did a search and couldn't find anyone else saying this. Is the sound maybe just a funky engine starter sound ?

Is it just me or does the engine start up for the HE-162 sound like a prop engine for a few seconds and then goes to jet sound ?? I did a search and couldn't find anyone else saying this. Is the sound maybe just a funky engine starter sound ?

While first impressions lead one to believe a mechanic left their lawn mower inside the engine, the start up sound is its correct. The Junker Jumo's had a 2hp(?) motor to spool the turbine up to running speed before jet was started and ran under its own "oomph"

"As weaponry, both were good, but in far different ways from each other. In a nutshell, I describe it this way: if the FW 190 was a sabre, the 109 was a florett, or foil, like that used in the precision art of fencing." - Gunther Rall

Look Noobie, we already told you, we don't have the Patch!

That's what I kind of thought. Thanks, that makes sense.

wow. That`s pretty authentic. I would never have noticed... but then again, if Oleg hadn`t put in that authentic prop noise no doubt someone would have let him know about it!

ACHTUNG! (or not)

It says : do not take negative G's more than 3 secs or engine will cut out in German... (its in yur cockpit)
    Ignore that...
    LOL

THATS a SUPER engine they make their own noise.... grrrr wooooo

edit: ooh yeah less i forget : the whole thing reads:

WARNING !
    Pivot displays 10% less than actual.
    do not pull more than 4G.
    Negative G no
    longer than 3secs because engine
    will cut.

DONT FORGET : yur CPU needs more lubricant now ya fly online....

Night is better than Day

[This message was edited by lil_labbit on Thu April 01 2004 at 06:20 PM.]