ElAurens's Avatar Senior Member
    It would be good to remember that some of the most down and dirty action in the Pacific war was fought by the USAAF and RAAF in New Guinea. They fought agianst both the IJN and IJAAF in some of the most difficult conditions encountered anywhere in WW2. Both sides had not only to deal with each other, but with sweltering jungle conditions, disease, and shortages of supplys of all kinds.

I for one really look forward to this area of operations.

And the CBI as well...

BlitzPig_EL

ElAurens's Avatar Senior Member
    It would be good to remember that some of the most down and dirty action in the Pacific war was fought by the USAAF and RAAF in New Guinea. They fought agianst both the IJN and IJAAF in some of the most difficult conditions encountered anywhere in WW2. Both sides had not only to deal with each other, but with sweltering jungle conditions, disease, and shortages of supplys of all kinds.

And the CBI as well...

BlitzPig_EL

double post

well if we wanted to fly from land bases why bother getting PF?

Visit us at http://www.VF-11.com

Vadger:

Because just as was pointed out, the Pacific War wasn't fought just from carriers.

Tater-SW-'s Avatar Senior Member
    Kenney's kids, woot!

tater

ok, and? are you anti Navy or sumtin?lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IV_JG51_Prien:
    Vadger:

Because just as was pointed out, the Pacific War wasn't fought just from carriers.

http://www.jg51.net/downloads/squadbanner.bmp <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Navy1, Call the Ball- Roger Ball."

Tater-SW-'s Avatar Senior Member
    Me, I'm stoked for some 5th Air Force action, even though to me it's all about the blue planes! &lt;G&gt;

Wanting/liking land-based PTO stuff isn't anti-navy, they're not mutually exclusive. Besides, the Marines flew from land as well.

tater

Arcadeace's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ElAurens:

And the CBI as well...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good post and reminder. Carriers certainly have their place and after playing FB for so long now they're a novelty to look forward to, but much of the Pacific war was from island land bases.

I have no doubt after having some fun with the carriers I'll be looking forward to land based action just as much.

I don't know which I'm looking forward to most - The fact that I'll be able to takeoff/land from a carrier or the attempts to sink a carrier with a wall of lead being shot at me. Sounds like fun

Vertically challenged since 1984.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►