UbiMegan's Avatar Community Representative

IGE Co-Op - Week of February 1st, 2015

This week we'll be pushing out Title Update 5 of Far Cry 4 on all platforms. With this update, we'll be introducing Co-Op on custom maps for Far Cry 4! The patch is currently being pushed to all platforms, and should be available by end of day tomorrow for both console and PC. We'll have a news post shortly with more information on how to Co-Op will work with IGE maps, however the Patch Notes are currently available. We will also be updating this thread once the patch is available on the remaining platforms:

Title Update Status:
    • PS4 - LIVE
    • Xbox One - LIVE
    • PS3 - LIVE
    • Xbox 360 - LIVE
    • PC - LIVE

First, the Far Cry 4 dev team wants to give a big shout-out to all the map creators. Thanks for your dedication and for creating over 100,000 maps so far. We are constantly impressed by your ingenuity and creativity. Keep them coming.These are some of the upcoming changes for the IGE.

Regarding co-op for UGC maps:
    • All maps will be playable in co-op and in single player.
    • Map creators will be able to place two player spawn points. The first one will spawn P1, while the second one will spawn P2.
    • If only one player spawn point is present in the map, both players will spawn at the same location.
    • Quick play top rated co-op (public matchmaking, can invite a friend).
    • Quick play random co-op (public matchmaking, can invite a friend).
    • Custom co-op lobby. This is a private lobby only and it’s possible to create a playlist of 4 maps.

We added some new features:
    • On console, Lock/Unlock camera function. This is available when using the Select tool.
    • Occlusion Mesh helper. When you place an object or move an object, a gray box will display the occlusion mesh. This option can be enabled/disabled in the Editor settings.
    • 5 new Ally rebel archetypes.

Some of the most important bugs we fixed:
    • Fix an issue where the Snow was de-activated when restarting a map while in the Map Editor.
    • Fix an issue where the Vista and the Snow do not appear once the map is published.
    • Fix an issue where the animal would not go out of an open cage.
    • Fix an issue where the rotation wasn't working for the spawners of wave 2 to 5 and for the ambient spawners
    • Fix an issue where the wave trigger settings were reset to the default value when opening the map.
    • Fix an issue where the healing syringe counter was displaying the wrong value after the Player restarted a mission
    • Static vehicles are no longer accounted in the AI budget
    • Fix an issue where the Map Editor could crash while using the Bumb tool.
    • On PC, fix copy to clipboard function. Map creators can now copy and paste objects from one map to another.
    • On PC, fix an issue where the search starts as soon as a letter is entered rather than after pressing Enter.

All Platforms [PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3]In-Game Editor [IGE]
    • IGE Co-Op is now live!
    • Fixed various Gameplay functionality issues with asset placements
    • Fixed various Gameplay functionality issues with the Map Browser

Co-Op
    • Integrated Outpost Master in Co-Op
    • Fixed various client connectivity issues
    • Fixed various Host/Client replication issues

Load and Save Files
    • Fixed various checkpoint placement issues

Vehicles
    • Fixed the occasional issue with vehicle placement

Matchmaking and PvP
    • Fixed matchmaking stability and general issues with PvP
    • Fixed inconsistencies with XP in the load-out menu

Gameplay
    • Fixed spawning issues under specific circumstances

Xbox 360 and Xbox One
    • Fixed co-op matchmaking issues when user's signed in as an inactive profile

I'm confused. Is this the patch notes for PC aswell? Or are we getting a seperate patch? Because all it says are "console platform" and then specific to "Xbox 360 and Xbox one". When are we going to see a fix for the mismatched location bugs? The Nvidia Hairworks crash? Crashing in the arena? and numerous of other crashes the game is plagued with? How about the USB plugin bug that was supposed to be fixed in one of the earlier updates but didn't?

UbiMegan's Avatar Community Representative
    The platform thing was a copy/paste fail on my part, and it's been corrected - this title update is for all platforms and not just console. Related: The PS3 patch is now live as well.

A lot of the fixes in this title update were focused on map making and co-op because we were introducing a feature related to it. We're unable to give any ETA on any other future updates or patches (though they are being worked on!)

Thanks for the update Meg.

Does this patch include a fix for no party system in 5v5 PvP? I would like to party up with my friends prior to entering a match.

so what patch number is the PC version on now when this takes effect 1.8?

This sounds so good. After these co-op bugs are fixed, this game is near perfect for my taste. Just need to enable the game for dual core systems.

Performance patch?

I think 2017 Ron Swanson stole our performance patches.

We're screwed til then.

Is this just me or patch 1.8.0 has decreased performance when using SLI. I was running fine with TXAA4 enabled and now I have many drops and not only when driving...

Map Creation is perfect but please enable also map deletion

[QUOTE=UbiMegan;10558940]This week we'll be pushing out Title Update 5 of Far Cry 4 on all platforms. With this update, we'll be introducing Co-Op on custom maps for Far Cry 4! The patch is currently being pushed to all platforms, and should be available by end of day tomorrow for both console and PC. We'll have a news post shortly with more information on how to Co-Op will work with IGE maps, however the Patch Notes are currently available. We will also be updating this thread once the patch is available on the remaining platforms:

Title Update Status:
    • PS4 - LIVE
    • Xbox One - LIVE
    • PS3 - LIVE
    • Xbox 360 - LIVE
    • PC - LIVE

All Platforms [PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3]In-Game Editor [IGE]
    • Fixed various Host/Client replication issues

Load and Save Files
    [LIST]
    [
    Pls enable the map creators to delete own old maps. The system will be overloaded soon with wrongly created testmaps....
    Many thanks for your hard work and all the best