PDA

View Full Version : Secrets of the revolution pack is a joke...

InvertedOutlaw
01-21-2015, 02:52 PM
I've tried really REALLY hard not to be overly critical of ACU and of Ubisoft for releasing obviously broken or worthless content in the name of profit, however, the Secrets of the revolution pack has dealt a solid blow to my faith in the Ubi.

I saw it this morning and the description is "discover the secrets of the French Revolution with this robust pack of 3 missions, 9 weapons, and 5 pieces of gear" so I'm thinking "all that for 7$? Sure, why not." Well, what they're not telling you is the weapons and gear is all level 1 stuff that is literally one step over what you started with. Worthless.

So, I advise you all to take my 7$ lesson for what it's worth and avoid this pack like the plague.

VoXngola
01-21-2015, 03:01 PM
To be honest you should have done some research if those weapons are that important to you.

MenocidiX
01-21-2015, 03:16 PM
Hard to do research if there's no info at all. The only details I found were those stated in the description:

3 missions, 9 weapons, and 5 pieces of gear
What exactly is included? Except missions, they're commonly known.

Perk89
01-21-2015, 03:24 PM
This is an inherent problem with the game as a whole.

From Arno's signatures robs becoming worthless after only a couple sequences, to most of the weapons and gear doing the same, most of which isn't even unlock able until you've already sunk hours into the campaign and advanced far beyond the point of it being worth so,etching.

frankly I just hope they bring outfits back. It's like they thought we'd get so enamored with the pointless side content that we wouldn't bother with the main story until we had to. This is a narrative driven experience Ubisoft. Learn what your strengths are.

bitebug2003
01-21-2015, 07:25 PM
The Chemical Revolution and the American Prisoner missions were part of pre-order incentives, and I believe the weapons/gear and the Killed by Science mission were part of the Unite programme

dargor5
01-21-2015, 08:30 PM
I already did killed by science can I get a discount? :(

Joke aside, does these other missions are murder mysteries like killed by science? Or proper missions like the memories?

Mr_Shade
01-21-2015, 08:31 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/999876-The-Secrets-of-the-Revolution-pack-now-available!

Full details of the contents are there.

InvertedOutlaw
01-22-2015, 02:47 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/999876-The-Secrets-of-the-Revolution-pack-now-available!

Full details of the contents are there.

I don't consider the name of the equipment/missions to be "full details". Though I guess if it was publicized that you were paying for tier 1 gear no one would buy it, so it makes sense from a business point of view. Too bad we're not part of the business...

NicoParasite
01-22-2015, 03:25 AM
This is an inherent problem with the game as a whole.

From Arno's signatures robs becoming worthless after only a couple sequences, to most of the weapons and gear doing the same, most of which isn't even unlock able until you've already sunk hours into the campaign and advanced far beyond the point of it being worth so,etching.

frankly I just hope they bring outfits back. It's like they thought we'd get so enamored with the pointless side content that we wouldn't bother with the main story until we had to. This is a narrative driven experience Ubisoft. Learn what your strengths are.

I agree,Arnoīs signature robes look amazing IMO i would like to wear that all the time but the stats are so damn weak!!!! ohh and BTW i bought this damn DLC and it hasnīt unlocked yet!! this is a joke Ubi wtf are you doing? looks like youre stealing peopleīs money,i love Unity but this is too much.

beastrock18
01-22-2015, 03:27 AM
There's also the fact that a lot of the content doesn't actually unlock after paying for the dlc. At least for me, some of it just appears in your menu, with absolutely no functionality. So hooray for taking actual money and delivering a broken mess whilst simultaneously teasing more locked content you can't access!

vegetollo7
01-22-2015, 06:29 AM
Good to know. I think I'll save my $7 for now.

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
01-22-2015, 01:17 PM
This is why they should take this idea:

- Tie all gameplay statistics and variables to the skill trees. Not only will this give us more to unlock but it can add more variation in the gameplay and a significant feeling of progression.
- Make all gear and weapons purely cosmetic.

If they do this they please everyone. For those who still want deep customisation you get that here (it's actually better here). For those who want to make a cool looking assassin they can do that. For those who want to play a certain way they can still do that.

That way you don't have this annoying conundrum of choosing between gameplay and cosmetics.

pirate1802
01-22-2015, 01:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Qq4RcYv.gif

tfranstud
01-22-2015, 05:54 PM
I agree the pack is a joke ....
1) the chemical revolution content came as a free download with my game ( i entered the code an it was accepted but i can not download the content )
2) the killed by science mission that i purchased on uplay does not exist in my game

taking these two points into account then i am not sure why i would want to pay for something i should already have

Jackdaw951
01-22-2015, 07:55 PM
The Chemical Revolution and the American Prisoner missions were part of pre-order incentives, and I believe the weapons/gear and the Killed by Science mission were part of the Unite programme

They did the same thing with AC4. They bundled the 3 variations of retailer-specific preorder bonuses for $7. I bit on that one because of the extra pirate fluff. The missions themselves were very shallow, quick and pointless. But I was happy to get the extra piratey goodness. Arr!

pirate1802
01-23-2015, 06:07 AM
Dear pirate1802, location Ubisoft headd quarters? and this is all a joke for you??

it's all about the money, but keep going on like developing games with all these bugs, and soon you run out of money.

please read my statement:

I’m sure that the complaint(s) I have are the same as everyone else I’ve seen on forums.

“No unlocks possible, received outfits not available, bought items that have to be bought over and over again
Extra weapons which I’ve bought at for 2,99 euro’s not unlockable , DLC Dead Kings same problems.
Companion app which is not able to connect to PS4 etc, etc..”

The problem that I have with all of this , is that it costed me (in game F 1.2 mil , 160.000 Credo,)
In real Money, 2,99 euro for extra weapons pack, 29,98 euro for Helix packs (upgrade for weapons which are to be bought again or not possible to unlock again)
6,99 for the latest extra Paris stories (not working and no weapons) lot of game hours of course and not be able to finish
the game 100%, because that’s always the goal.

Im not looking for an answer that everyone else gets, “we’re working on it” or “delete everything and start over again”
And every other advice that’s not working (seen in forums by comments)

For Everyone in the world who play’s this game: The easiest way out for you Developers of this game, would be an upgrade with software that all the items will be opened
and because you probably won’t lose money, that the upgrades still have to be earned or bought trough Helix pack’s.

For me personally, I would get a refund of the money and time I’ve spend, or give me a coupon for the next Assassins Creed Victory
and then for the most ultimate edition.

I’m willing to give it a try for the next episode , but if that one has the sam problems, I can predict that that would be the end of
This fantastic game.

Why go mad at me brah, what did I say? I just agreed with the posters that the pack is a joke.

Can't believe how many people take that location thing seriously. You know you can set it to anything right? I can set it to Mars. What then, you'd take me for a martian?

AhaziaD
01-23-2015, 10:39 AM
Why go mad at me brah, what did I say? I just agreed with the posters that the pack is a joke.

Can't believe how many people take that location thing seriously. You know you can set it to anything right? I can set it to Mars. What then, you'd take me for a martian?

hahahaha..
he just thought that you are an ubisoft employee or one of the clowns that work as assassin's creed developer :D