PDA

View Full Version : To play original Rocksmith songs in Rocksmith 2014

FMZ_101
01-21-2015, 12:34 PM
Ok here is the deal.

I live in Europe and own a PS3 with Rocksmith 2014. What I want is the songs from the first Rocksmith game. If I manage to get my hands on the first game, do I get to download de tracks into Rocksmith 2014? As simple as that? (offcourse I pay some money)

Can someone tell me how this works, if it even works (for the conditions mentioned above). There are some awesome songs in the first Rocksmith game I can't wait to learn to play!

I searched for answers and asked around but I'm not getting my head around this matter.

Hopefully there is some European Rocksmith 2014 player in here that did the exact same thing that I wish to do.

Your help will be appreciated!

C.Linton
01-21-2015, 01:25 PM
First, once you get RS1, all you need do is play it long enough to generate a save, you will need to purchase the Import tool found in the "Packs" section of the in-game shop in 2014 (Not available direct from the PSN store, don't bother looking there) and then download and install it. That should do it. If you have any problems after that come back and let us know. It should be OK, though.
Oh, and make sure it matches the regional version of your RS 2014 game, other wise it won't work As you live in Europe, I will assume your version of 2014 is Europe (code BLEU xxxx, you'll find it on the bottom corner of the RS 2014 box's edge) Everything else you buy must match that.

FMZ_101
01-22-2015, 10:47 AM
Thanks! The lower corner of the discs case reads 'BLES xxxxx' in my case. I'll be looking for RS1 with 'BLES xxxxx', do those digits matter?

C.Linton
01-22-2015, 10:57 AM
Thanks! The lower corner of the discs case reads 'BLES xxxxx' in my case. I'll be looking for RS1 with 'BLES xxxxx', do those digits matter?

I don't think so. All that matters when matching regions is the BL code, and I think the number just over the little globe symbol (but I'm not sure about that, someone else her might know if that matters)

Black_Widow9
01-23-2015, 04:09 AM
I agree with C. The only thing that is necessary is the region.

Hopefully this article will help you a bit. ;)

http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7052/~/what-is-the-bces%2Fbles-number-and-why-is-it-important%3F

FMZ_101
02-15-2015, 02:59 PM
I've done it! Thanks for the help.

Most of the RS1 songs seem surprisingly easy in comparison to RS2014's library.
First time playing RS1 songs and nearly all ended up above 39%

Thank's again for the help! I will enjoy this!