PDA

View Full Version : How to fix AC Unity the truth

Alias1001
01-21-2015, 08:28 AM
As every year for my birthday my wife knows assassins creed is my favorite game. She buys me the collectors edition and I own every AC that's been released, in some cases two copy's one for 360 and pc. This year she purchased The collectors edition of unity for PC at the time I was running a AMD 3.5 ghz 8 core cpu 12 gigs of ram and a GTX 650 ti boost. The game was unplayable almost I had to set everything to low and run it in 1280x720 but I knew I was way under spec. I lived with the stuttering bad framerate and its bugs which I only had a few. And still I loved it. Today I purchased a EVGA 750 watt PSU and a GTX 970 FTW gpu and guess what everyone. I am running the game in 1920x1280 all graphics options MAXED everything and it plays smooth as silk no glitches no bugs no stutters nothing. That's why I have waited to post anything. This turns out to be a simply amazing title once again and to everyone that has reamed, bashed and dragged Ubisoft threw the mud sadly it's mostly your own fault. Everyone knew that even the bare minimum specs for this game were high so it's time to stop your pitty party's and save some cash and get some good hardware. I don't have the best job I have a family kids. They come first but I put away a little cash every paycheck and when I had enough I bought the hardware to run this amazing game plus all the others in my collection in a way I have never seen before it's truly a night and day experience with good hardware. Time to give these guys the credit they have deserved. If you have issues with unity it's YOUR RIG not being able to handle true next gen gaming. Thank you Ubisoft and the Devs for one again raising the bar for assassins creed and its future! Long live AC and Ubisoft!!!!!!!

LAWZ-Witcher.AZ
01-21-2015, 11:51 AM
In a way I agree with what you're saying, I don't know about others but this is one franchise that I love more than I should. It has it's problems and it has it's merits, that's the truth. However, it still does not justify the fact that, too play a next gen game - you would need a GTX 970 or 980. The fact is they had an awesome game at hand as always but they put in more than they could handle. I have seen people with SLI 980's not getting max 60 fps. If only they devoted a little bit more time in optimizing it - this game would have been a gem. Anyways it's nice to see someone who appreciates the AC Games as they are.

Lignjoslav
01-21-2015, 12:53 PM
Erm... Take a look around the forums. Notice the number of reports that, for example, people have started the Dead Kings DLC, but can't get out of the initial room where it starts, can't abort the missions, can't return to Paris... essentially are stuck (and the game doesn't even give them an option to start over if they wanted)! Notice the people whose entire progress (tens of hours of it) got erased. My own problems were "minor": key NPCs not spawning or not doing anything (I'm supposed to follow a guy and he just stands in the street, his AI on the fritz), an occasional crash, not being able to unlock all the gear because I can't collect all the artifacts because the Initiates web site has been offline for a month already... Does buying a new PSU and GPU fix those things?!

Oh, and what about the flashing textures and stuttering experienced by the people with SLI, including GTX 970 SLI? What is the real fix for them, buy a third 970?!

In short, you are being incredibly smug and little else. What have you told us in your post? That switching from a GPU that's a couple of generations obsolete and twice weaker than the minimum required to the current high end made the game run better for you? No s***, Sherlock?! You're our idol!

Reytime
01-21-2015, 06:34 PM
Allthough a 970 surely fixed all the issues and you can run max settings easily, I do think it has nothing to do with the game being demanding and needing a good rig for it. Optimizations is key here and I think there was little of it involved in making the PC version.

Still an amazing game, agree with you on that!

Wrath2Zero
01-21-2015, 07:07 PM
The game is optimised well on the CPU side(unlike Black Flag) and yes it's best optimised for the NVIDIA Maxwell cards. FX CPUs perform OK but just can't even compete with the pure power of Intel per core performance. The consoles can't even run this game properly and apparently it was optimised correctly according to Ubisoft's white paper on console CPU optimisation. My system can get nearly 80fps with Dead Kings at 1080p, FXAA, HBAO+ so that's hardly something to moan about.

dargor5
01-21-2015, 08:15 PM
No you dont need a top of the line rig to run Unity. Im have everything on ultra but shadows and the game runs smooth 45-50 fps with sweetfx on top on a humble 780 :p.

For those saying you shouldnt need a 980 to run a next gen game, well I might be too old but remember those days when you didnt have the latest vodoooo card? You simply could not play the game period.
I see people with 970 having issues as well but the mayority of complainers are those use to having a 550 and running everything max. Sadly those days seem to be over, but that paves the way for better graphics

KmarkoPL
01-21-2015, 08:20 PM
Well , my friend was able to run the game on rig with AMD FX9590 and with GPU MSI GTX480 1,5 vram
I was surprised to see that he was able get the game running on all high in 720p, and with descent frame rate. "Don't know how much but game was ok to play"

I my self ,got some problems in the beginning with the game ,but the problem was related with bad setting in bios , Ram frequency :nonchalance:
After sorting the problem the game runs really good and am really enjoying it :D
Am running the game 1080p all ultra stable 30 FPS , high setting 60+ FPS

Alias1001
01-22-2015, 05:29 AM
Erm... Take a look around the forums. Notice the number of reports that, for example, people have started the Dead Kings DLC, but can't get out of the initial room where it starts, can't abort the missions, can't return to Paris... essentially are stuck (and the game doesn't even give them an option to start over if they wanted)! Notice the people whose entire progress (tens of hours of it) got erased. My own problems were "minor": key NPCs not spawning or not doing anything (I'm supposed to follow a guy and he just stands in the street, his AI on the fritz), an occasional crash, not being able to unlock all the gear because I can't collect all the artifacts because the Initiates web site has been offline for a month already... Does buying a new PSU and GPU fix those things?!

Oh, and what about the flashing textures and stuttering experienced by the people with SLI, including GTX 970 SLI? What is the real fix for them, buy a third 970?!

In short, you are being incredibly smug and little else. What have you told us in your post? That switching from a GPU that's a couple of generations obsolete and twice weaker than the minimum required to the current high end made the game run better for you? No s***, Sherlock?! You're our idol!

I am sorry if I upset you by my post. You seem to have taken personal offense to it. I stated yes I had issues out of the gate. I too experienced bugs falling through the mesh and so forth. I also got Unity to run smooth at a low resolution on my old card. What I am stating is. The patches cleaned up a lot of the deal breaking bugs bug the truth of the matter is. Unity is really made to be played on some beefy hardware. I also stated I don't have the best job, other priorities came fist but I saved up cash and I got the hardware that resolved so much of the issues people have with unity. Nowhere was I being smug or bragging. I am just stating facts. And it's the people like yourself with these terrible attitudes that need to go play something else. We don't need you in our community. I am only telling the rest of you that it's true. The game is extremely demanding and when you get the hardware to handle this beautiful game. You will see it for the masterpiece it is. Yes there are still a few bugs but all really minor. And for people stuck in dead kings not being able to return to Paris. Visit your initial landmark. There will be a carriage that will take you back to VA from there another that will port you back to Paris. I thought for a bit I was stuck there aswell until I quick traveled to the initial landmark. People always give up so quickly without researching things. I call that the " plug and play frustration syndrome " lol.. Lighten up I was sharing what worked for me as others have posted similar topics as mine. It's the truth. Hope all of you enjoy the game as much as me well maybe not this guy ^^^ but the rest of my fellow assassins! Back to Unity for me hope to see the rest of you in a coop!

Lignjoslav
01-22-2015, 06:04 AM
Did you read the beginning of my post, the first half of the first passage? People fast travel to Franciade and find themselves stuck: can't exit the building, can't return to Paris, can't abort the mission, the game hasn't even got a "New Game" option... Their game is 100% stuck, "bricked". You call that minor?

Also, you speak to me about attitude problems, but I didn't tell you "I don't like you, leave, go play something else, we don't need your type around here.", but that's in line with the rest of your act.

People are having serious issues with serious bugs and you start a thread titled "How to fix AC Unity the truth" and say: "Just go buy new hardware". How does that help the community? BTW, like I said, I had it relatively easy, I've got the Dead Kings at 100% sync and the main game at 99% (waiting for Ubi to reactivate Initiates so I can get that to 100% as well), so it's not personal.

No, it's that it is beyond me that someone can see all these threads, with people getting stuck, people losing progress, people with $1500+ rigs having major stuttering and graphical issues, and write that the truth about fixing the game is that you need a decent PC. Key parts are accented in bold. Notice how you clearly wrote that this message on how to "fix" the game is addressed "to everyone" that has complained about issues with the game, as if what you did is a magical cure-all, and since that cure-all is buying a decent graphics card, then obviously all of those issues and bugs are imaginary, even though some of the people complaining have better hardware than you.

I am running the game in 1920x1280 all graphics options MAXED everything and it plays smooth as silk no glitches no bugs no stutters nothing. That's why I have waited to post anything. This turns out to be a simply amazing title once again and to everyone that has reamed, bashed and dragged Ubisoft threw the mud sadly it's mostly your own fault. Everyone knew that even the bare minimum specs for this game were high so it's time to stop your pitty party's and save some cash and get some good hardware. So yes, you come off as smug, condescending and wrong.

similarly
01-22-2015, 06:20 AM
Well, just because a better computer fixed YOUR problems, don't be too quick to assume that it's the same for everyone.

I've had VERY few problems on my computer, but I saw a thread by someone who had the same specs I do, and he was having a lot of trouble. I've seen a number of threads by people whose specs are BETTER than mine, and they're having trouble.

I know that there are people who are trying to play this on computers that don't meet the minimum specs, but some people, I know, are playing on computers that meet or exceed recommended specs and are having trouble.

Alias1001
01-22-2015, 09:07 AM
Did you read the beginning of my post, the first half of the first passage? People fast travel to Franciade and find themselves stuck: can't exit the building, can't return to Paris, can't abort the mission, the game hasn't even got a "New Game" option... Their game is 100% stuck, "bricked". You call that minor?

Also, you speak to me about attitude problems, but I didn't tell you "I don't like you, leave, go play something else, we don't need your type around here.", but that's in line with the rest of your act.

People are having serious issues with serious bugs and you start a thread titled "How to fix AC Unity the truth" and say: "Just go buy new hardware". How does that help the community? BTW, like I said, I had it relatively easy, I've got the Dead Kings at 100% sync and the main game at 99% (waiting for Ubi to reactivate Initiates so I can get that to 100% as well), so it's not personal.

No, it's that it is beyond me that someone can see all these threads, with people getting stuck, people losing progress, people with $1500+ rigs having major stuttering and graphical issues, and write that the truth about fixing the game is that you need a decent PC. Key parts are accented in bold. Notice how you clearly wrote that this message on how to "fix" the game is addressed "to everyone" that has complained about issues with the game, as if what you did is a magical cure-all, and since that cure-all is buying a decent graphics card, then obviously all of those issues and bugs are imaginary, even though some of the people complaining have better hardware than you.
So yes, you come off as smug, condescending and wrong.

I sincerely apologize if anyone and you have taken my post the wrong way. I deeply love this series and my intention was never to come off rude or smug but to share like others have on upgrades and the impact it has had. As most of us from the start the game was almost unplayable. I too was plagued by serious bugs stutters long freezes and had to play the game in a horrid resolution. However, I have also seen SO much negativity here and was saddened. I could barley bring myself to tell my wife that the 140.00USD she spent on this for me was for a unplayable game. I have seen posts of people trying to threaten Ubisoft with law suits and so on. Then more recent posts I saw people buying new cards and the results from that. I saved my money and I treated myself to a card I have never been able to have. For that I am very happy. And when I restarted a fresh game and saw the difference all I wanted was to say yes it is true. The game does need a rediciulios amount of power to run but when given that. It truly makes a night and day difference. It just is a shame this forum is so filled with negative posts and slander. I work in IT for a gaming company. I also know deadlines can put pleasure on the Devs and when the clock runs out its go time. I won't deny that yes there is still work to be done here but I should of kept my joy and opinion to myself as I have since launch. Everyone's rig is different and some will be plagued by bugs others are not. I guess I got lucky now and I don't feel bad for being able to enjoy this amazing game now. I do apologize to anyone I have offended by my post. Really I was just trying to get you guys and gals to give it a chance and if it's possible to try it with some new hardware. Best wishes to all.

LAWZ-Witcher.AZ
01-23-2015, 02:35 PM
I sincerely apologize if anyone and you have taken my post the wrong way. I deeply love this series and my intention was never to come off rude or smug but to share like others have on upgrades and the impact it has had. As most of us from the start the game was almost unplayable. I too was plagued by serious bugs stutters long freezes and had to play the game in a horrid resolution. However, I have also seen SO much negativity here and was saddened. I could barley bring myself to tell my wife that the 140.00USD she spent on this for me was for a unplayable game. I have seen posts of people trying to threaten Ubisoft with law suits and so on. Then more recent posts I saw people buying new cards and the results from that. I saved my money and I treated myself to a card I have never been able to have. For that I am very happy. And when I restarted a fresh game and saw the difference all I wanted was to say yes it is true. The game does need a rediciulios amount of power to run but when given that. It truly makes a night and day difference. It just is a shame this forum is so filled with negative posts and slander. I work in IT for a gaming company. I also know deadlines can put pleasure on the Devs and when the clock runs out its go time. I won't deny that yes there is still work to be done here but I should of kept my joy and opinion to myself as I have since launch. Everyone's rig is different and some will be plagued by bugs others are not. I guess I got lucky now and I don't feel bad for being able to enjoy this amazing game now. I do apologize to anyone I have offended by my post. Really I was just trying to get you guys and gals to give it a chance and if it's possible to try it with some new hardware. Best wishes to all.

@Lignjoslav - Let's all shake our hands and forget about the bad things. Like I said in my post, there are good things and there bad things - this game is a balance of that. It has it Wow moments (at least for me) and it has it's Throw your PC out of the Window moments. So let's just hope, that AC: Victory comes out as a better game, now that the dev team has seen how their engine runs and how they can better optimize it :)

Misterblub006
01-23-2015, 02:51 PM
Game is optimized? Game is running on well performance? Are you kidding me?

New nvidia patch 347.25 brings me now with the game to 35 fps with all ultra and TXAA.....

35 FPS!!!!

Dude think about that - i got 2x 980 running in SLI and im playin on 35 FPS!!!

Even watch dogs is running better with MAX settings + E3 mod - im coming to 130-190 FPS

This game is not really optimized at all

Damn troll o_O

strigoi1958
01-23-2015, 05:02 PM
190 fps i'd like to see anyone who can tell the difference between 90, 140 and 190 fps... people fixated on numbers should not play games they should go to the unigine forum where guys with $50,000 systems can just obliterate them...

TXAA is awful and worse it is a huge hit on performance..... but people who want to say "I can max it out" will use it even though it looks like you are drunk and your vision is blurred.. it is a case of the Emperors new clothes :(

Watch Dogs has huge potential and WD2 should be incredible, but even 1000 FPS couldn't make watch dogs a better game

tcarlisle2012
01-26-2015, 04:58 PM
Yes, the OP should not assume that a hardware upgrade solved his issues means everyone else needs a HW upgrade.... just as those that have issues shouldn't assume those issues exist for all or even the majority.

I don't have issues running the game on my HW and I am sure there are people with the exact hardware that have issues. Because hardware isn't the only variable -- the operating system, drivers, etc. software layer has a lot of variables as well.

As for the issues mentioned in dead kings regarding being "stuck" there, I had that issue too. It turns out when you start DK you get thrown into that new world and also into a new mission that is long and involved, and you can't find your way back to Paris until you complete it.

talzola
01-26-2015, 08:41 PM
OP...you are a MORON!

Sorry to be so blunt, but it is true. Yes, I am sure that going out and spending hundreds on the latest and greatest hardware will solve most of the problems we are having, but you are totally missing the point...WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO!!!! There are many games out there that are just as demanding and "next-gen" as ACU, that run silky smooth for us, but this game is a technical disaster. That is not an US problem, but is a UBI problem. The game was horrifically coded and optimized. I think at this point that is not just my opinion, but pretty much an accepted fact. Yes, I am sure I could order a new video card, and my problems with this game might be fixed, BUT, the point is that I exceed the listed requirements for the game, and have TONS of glitches (my main one being the horrific stutter)...there is absolutely NO reason this game should not run smoothly with my current hardware had the game been coded and optimized properly. Every other game out there runs great at max settings on my rig, so I should go spend my hard earned money to make this game run better and compensate for the incompetence of the coders? I think not!

tcarlisle2012
01-26-2015, 09:45 PM
OP...you are a MORON!

Sorry to be so blunt, but it is true. Yes, I am sure that going out and spending hundreds on the latest and greatest hardware will solve most of the problems we are having, but you are totally missing the point...WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO!!!! There are many games out there that are just as demanding and "next-gen" as ACU, that run silky smooth for us, but this game is a technical disaster. That is not an US problem, but is a UBI problem. The game was horrifically coded and optimized. I think at this point that is not just my opinion, but pretty much an accepted fact. Yes, I am sure I could order a new video card, and my problems with this game might be fixed, BUT, the point is that I exceed the listed requirements for the game, and have TONS of glitches (my main one being the horrific stutter)...there is absolutely NO reason this game should not run smoothly with my current hardware had the game been coded and optimized properly. Every other game out there runs great at max settings on my rig, so I should go spend my hard earned money to make this game run better and compensate for the incompetence of the coders? I think not!

The OP tried to share that a hardware upgrade solved a lot of issues for him, and was not intentionally trying to alienate people.

Whether this game works "acceptable" or not is based on hardware and expectations. People with GTX-980 can expect silky smooth 50-60 fps. People with GTX-760 can expect 30-40 fps, and since the game doesn't require 60 fps it is fine -- except for those that need to run fraps and see 62 fps in the corner of their screen to be happy. GTX-650 people can run it at low settings and see 25-30 fps which is playable.

I lot of people have fixed the stutter through changing some video driver settings having to do with the max number of pre-rendered frames.

No other game you play has this amount of detail, number of polygons/vertices, textures, etc. and has 5,000 NPCs on screen at a time. The only error Ubisoft made was establishing the requirements and including hardware levels that now in hindsight are not enough GPU power to meet the expectations of a lot of gamers.

There is no magic button Ubisoft can press to make this game run better on the lower end of the hardware requirement spectrum. Increasing the frame rates will come as a trade-off in graphics detail/quality.

If Ubisoft are a bunch of incompetent idiots and it was possible for a game to deliver this level of graphical complexity/detail to work on mid-level GPU's, then other companies will do that and put them out of business. But in my experience with PC gaming, this type of thing happens every 8 years or so when developers cross into the next generation of gaming graphics, and in doing so a lot of people get excluded from running the next generation.

Only time will tell if this is the start of the next-gen and now all gamers need to up their hardware or not.