PDA

View Full Version : Dead Kings DLC Possible Connection to AC Victory? (SPOILERS)

DracoLeviathan
01-19-2015, 04:29 AM
I don't think it's unreasonable to say that Leon is pretty much the driving force behind Arno's involvement in the Dead Kings storyline. Arno, of course, visited Franciade with his own agenda, but by the time we are introduced to Leon, his priorities begin to shift. Arno begins to remember the man he once was, prior to becoming an Assassin, and Leon is the spark that reignites the fires of Arno's sense of duty as an Assassin. He plainly states as much, in fact.

All of that served to--at least for me--breathe a little life back into the story arch for Unity, which I felt ended far too abruptly, and without the sort of big reveal that we have come to expect from the franchise. Unexpectedly, the far more interesting take away for me was the emphasis placed on Leon and his involvement. Arno clearly stepped into the position of role model for Leon, and in the process, kickstarted what I believe to be Leon's inevitable career as an Assassin.

So here is where my theory/prediction comes into play. From this (http://i.ytimg.com/vi/yiglkf_clzI/maxresdefault.jpg) and other leaked images (which can be viewed at Kotaku or via a quick Google search) we can see that the protagonist of the upcoming Assassin's Creed Victory is anywhere form 35 to 45 years of age. Presuming he is closer to the latter, we could surmise that this as yet unnamed Assassin would be just about the right age at the beginning of Victorian Era England (circa 1832) to fall perfectly in line with how old Leon is when we are introduced to him in Franciade; give or take a year or two.

Call me crazy, but there were so many subtle indicators that this might be the case. From the emphasis on Leon's rough and tumble nature to his propensity for getting in and out of places unseen, everything about him just screams soon-to-be Assassin to me. There are all sorts of little hints that I won't bother typing out here, but I would just like to gauge everyone else's reaction to this theory. What do you guys think? Am I way out in left field with this one, or am I on to something here?

Cactiii
01-19-2015, 04:54 AM
I think it's possible that Leon could make a cameo, but I don't think that Arno ever actually revealed himself as an assassin to Leon. Of course, that doesn't mean that it didn't happen off camera or that he didn't reveal it to him later or whatever else could've happened. Leon becoming an assassin is an idea I didn't think of, but which seems very plausible given his personality. I think that I would rather see a sequel/DLC with Arno a few years later, in the Napoleonic Era, with an older Leon becoming an assassin or something.

I don't think that Leon will be the protagonist, but him appearing is definitely plausible. It's a cool theory!

DracoLeviathan
01-19-2015, 05:02 AM
Yeah, the presumption would have to be that Arno trains him off camera. I'd even go so far as to say that Arno might have a cameo in Victory as Leon seeks his mentor's advice at some point. Assuming the game stars Leon, naturally.

Altair1789
01-19-2015, 05:22 AM
I kinda doubt it. I was talking with Golden, Alphacos, and Namikaze and we were trying to pinpoint the year this game will take place. If those are lightbulbs, it takes place after 1878, and since the Big Ben's there, it takes place after 1858

DracoLeviathan
01-19-2015, 07:06 AM
The Victorian era is widely considered to have begun in 1832; at least according to wikipedia. That said, Ubisoft has fudged the dates on historical buildings before in favor of having more interesting locations to visit. Everyone's heard of Big Ben, so it would make sense to include it. As for the bulbs, we'll have to wait and see I suppose. I can't argue that point.

souNdwAve89
01-19-2015, 07:51 AM
Ubisoft takes liberties with landmarks and dates often. In AC, Acre didn't have that huge gothic church at the time or ever (don't remember atm). In Revelations, Hagia Sofia had all four pillars when it didn't at the time of the game.

Cornik22
01-19-2015, 11:42 AM
Just, no. There are REAL hints in those pictures suggesting the game will take place in late victorian London, that is, the 1880's or 1890's. From historical buildings to advertishments, to electrical lighting. And no doubt they will include Jack the Ripper somehow. Plus, it doesn't make any sense to me to have a french protagonist in this location. Why would they do that? Sorry pal.

MrFuddyDuddy
01-19-2015, 03:39 PM
I kinda doubt it. I was talking with Golden, Alphacos, and Namikaze and we were trying to pinpoint the year this game will take place. If those are lightbulbs, it takes place after 1878, and since the Big Ben's there, it takes place after 1858

If you look at the Screen shots leaked for Victory you can clearly make out what appear to be light bulbs, which is awesome news in my opinion. If they have some what of the same missions as Unity I will absolutely love solving the murders of Jack the Ripper and bringing him to justice as his reign of terror started in 1888. Would also love to see a similar weapon variety, which we will likely see weapons such as the Colt Revolver and 1887 repeater make an appearance as Legendary Tier weapons. I also pray and pray they for the love of god bring back weapon sheaths.