PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else love the modern aspect?

DragonAgeLegend
01-18-2015, 05:48 PM
I feel most people do not like the modern aspect for whatever reason in the AC series and this really upsets me. I had so much fun learning about the first civilisation and Desmond in the past games and following his journey with his so called friends. My favourite modem parts were probably in AC1, AC2, ACB and AC3.

What they did in AC4 was really underwhelming, I don't want to play as "myself", I want to follow a new protagonist on their journey of finding themselves within the Assasins v Abstergo war. Unity was an even bigger disappointment to the modern aspect, it was reduced to some 5 second cutscenes and voice overs. I know the vocal crowd protested their dislike to the modern areas of the game but I honestly do not understand why. The thing that makes Assassins Creed what it is is because of the modern stuff.

What happened to Juno after AC3, we still have no answers, I feel like it's been retconned. The way that Ubisoft is now handling the modern parts of the game is very worrying, please Ubisoft continue to make the modern parts like they were. I know Victory will most likely have hardly any since it's almost "finished", but for the games after it, I don't see why not.

Reaper-59
01-18-2015, 05:52 PM
I loved it in when it was Desmond. I really enjoyed his side of the game. Hate it now it's this "it's you who you control" crap.

FrankieSatt
01-18-2015, 06:11 PM
The modern day was half the game. When they killed of Desmond they pretty much took away half the game. The Historical aspect only is not enough to keep the series afloat.

DumbGamerTag94
01-18-2015, 06:39 PM
It sucks. A large majority of the consumer base hated it. It had a plot that was not going anywhere nor would it ever since they "needed" it to continue on aimlessly to continue the franchise. It was so hated by pretty much everyone I've ever met besides the people on this forum, that Ubi has been slowly working toward killing it for years.

Hans684
01-18-2015, 07:49 PM
I want it back but I doubt it will ever happen, so it's fillers from now on.

xChip1998x
01-18-2015, 07:52 PM
I am Modern Day all the way. I can't stress it enough.

If I was to be honest, AC died with AC3 for me. I'll always remember how great a game it once was.

GunnerGalactico
01-18-2015, 08:10 PM
I'm also not a huge fan of the "first person floating tablet" view. I want third person modern day to return. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who did not dislike Desmond. ;)

bitebug2003
01-18-2015, 08:28 PM
I liked Bishop and the way she kept me company during the rifts and co-op/heist missions, but beyond that, the MD got lost somewhere and I didn't bother reading the intel except the first two in AC Unity because like in AC4/AC:Rogue it just all became rather silly and convoluted;the audio logs dragged on a bit and the email exchanges/intel were just tedious.

i.e.
http://i.imgur.com/chkATPM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Rh9VCMP.jpg

That's the worst type of 'story telling' if there was one to tell (it simply doesn't read well at all).

IMO

Bring back a person we can relate to - I don't like FP perspective

EmptyCrustacean
01-18-2015, 09:02 PM
It sucks. A large majority of the consumer base hated it. It had a plot that was not going anywhere nor would it ever since they "needed" it to continue on aimlessly to continue the franchise. It was so hated by pretty much everyone I've ever met besides the people on this forum, that Ubi has been slowly working toward killing it for years.

I think the problem is AC was originally planned as a trilogy that would end with you playing as Desmod in the modern day but they wanted to milk to franchise for all its worth so couldn't keep the modern day going. I personally loved it too from Brotherhood onwards where they really started to put more effort into the characters, dialogue and 'missions'

Cactiii
01-18-2015, 10:22 PM
I never really cared much for it because it always felt like a forced break from the action where you couldn't wait to get back into the animus and get to the fun parts of the game. I think that it could be good if they started forming a tenuous Assassin-Templar alliance against Juno and went back to the AC3 style of "we're going to take you to cool set pieces in the modern world" which was actually fun. Imagine a mission on the rooftops of Prague, assassinating someone on a Japanese bullet train, forcing your way through the crowds- or infiltrating a modern mansion to assassinate a templar? There's a lot of cool setpieces they could try out, almost like the helix rifts.

natureboyAC
01-19-2015, 04:01 AM
I disliked the modern aspect prior to Black Flag and still do. The only likable characters for me were Lucy and Shawn (his annoying manner grew on me).
I understand the argument that the modern day drew all the stories together, and I get it. I just hated it. It wasn't much fun and Desmond was always kind of a whiny protagonist for me so I couldn't stand him.

I will say I think they really missed on something they briefly touched on with AC3. Which was having the modern day missions take place in different locales and be somewhat challenging. They could have done so much more with that, so I consider that a missed opportunity.

All in all though, I play the game for the historical tourism aspect and I enjoy being in the animus much more than the modern day. It always felt like a chore to me.

kriegerdesgottes
01-19-2015, 08:46 AM
I always thought they added some really interesting aspects to the game. Obviously I like the historical parts way more important but I always liked the present day stuff too. The thing that intrigued me the most was back when we all thought Altair and Ezio were related and Desmond was part of this long bloodline which I thought was such an awesome interesting concept to follow a person's bloodline back and see who his assassin ancestor's were. Then they told us Altair and Ezio were not related and it didn't make much of a difference because we were seeing different parts of Desmond's bloodline which was still interesting. Now all of that has been cheapened and done away with. You are just playing some faceless character or yourself which is even worse. There's nothing interesting about playing some first person no name character. Desmond, although not always likeable, added interest to the story. That whole thing was destroyed and it REALLY hurt the AC franchise for me personally. All the mystery and coolness of the bloodline story was just gone. Now the people watching aren't even related to the characters. They are just unloads from some random other person's dna which is so boring. I really hope they stop this first person nonsense and bring a modern day character back or find some way to bring Desmond back.

DragonAgeLegend
01-19-2015, 03:18 PM
I'm glad I'm not alone, I hope Ubisoft do indeed listen and decide to create a more encompassing story for the modern day Assassins. It can go hand in hand with the Animus story, they just need to find a nice balance. I also agree with whoever said AC3 did it right because it did. I loved travelling into the Abstergo building to collect one of the pieces of Eden. That was really interesting and I wish they do something similar to that again.

RADAR__4077
01-19-2015, 05:46 PM
I really enjoyed the series when Desmond was still around because you could tell that the story was thought out and GOING SOMEWHERE. I think many of us were expecting a mind blowing end for ac3 followed by a all md Desmond finale game. It appears the big wigs ordered an open ended story that could be drawn out indefinitely at the last second, now the writers are just trying to figure out which way is up, and they're spitting out crap like unity because they don't have enough time to think of something good with the yearly releases.

Megas_Doux
01-19-2015, 05:50 PM
I REALLY liked it at first, but after the whole Juno thing took over, meh........I would like a good modern day gameplay and story wise, though....

RzaRecta357
01-19-2015, 06:13 PM
Modern day is what drew me in and made me LOVE the history. Honestly.. Also, my friends feel the same way. We used to all buy these games. When 2 came out my friend freaked out at the opening scenes and rushed out to buy it when he seen me play it. Same with AC3.. But after AC3 it all fell apart. He didn't even play ACIV when I gave him my PS3 disc having upgraded to PS4/PC. Doesn't play Unity. I gameshare with a room mate and after I told him about how waved off it was this time he literally stopped playing.

Makes me sad with the awesome coop and club comps and stuff. I continue to play by myself because I love the series that much. Can't say I wasn't disappointed by the story totally for the first time ever though. AC3 upset me a bit but I still found things to love within and upon a second playthrough you see it's brilliance.

With this pfft I can't even PLAY a second time because we only have one save. I love it to death still but man I miss that story. Who's Bishop and where did Rebecca go? That wasn't supposed to be her was it? Why was Shawn there then?

DemonLord4lf
01-20-2015, 03:22 AM
I feel most people do not like the modern aspect for whatever reason in the AC series and this really upsets me. I had so much fun learning about the first civilisation and Desmond in the past games and following his journey with his so called friends. My favourite modem parts were probably in AC1, AC2, ACB and AC3.

What they did in AC4 was really underwhelming, I don't want to play as "myself", I want to follow a new protagonist on their journey of finding themselves within the Assasins v Abstergo war. Unity was an even bigger disappointment to the modern aspect, it was reduced to some 5 second cutscenes and voice overs. I know the vocal crowd protested their dislike to the modern areas of the game but I honestly do not understand why. The thing that makes Assassins Creed what it is is because of the modern stuff.

What happened to Juno after AC3, we still have no answers, I feel like it's been retconned. The way that Ubisoft is now handling the modern parts of the game is very worrying, please Ubisoft continue to make the modern parts like they were. I know Victory will most likely have hardly any since it's almost "finished", but for the games after it, I don't see why not.

They have made several mentions to Juno in AC Black Flag, Rouge, and Unity. Though not as in your face as they did in Black Flag. In Rouge and Unity, they talk about Juno in little tidbits that are hidden away in Helix codes or w/e those things are called. For those that dont know whats going on with Juno She's in the Animus Helix system, or as she puts it "The Gray" with Desmond and Clay. But i do agree that they dont focus alot on her. They need to figure out where they are going and get back focused on it.

DragonAgeLegend
01-20-2015, 04:58 AM
Modern day is what drew me in and made me LOVE the history. Honestly.. Also, my friends feel the same way. We used to all buy these games. When 2 came out my friend freaked out at the opening scenes and rushed out to buy it when he seen me play it. Same with AC3.. But after AC3 it all fell apart. He didn't even play ACIV when I gave him my PS3 disc having upgraded to PS4/PC. Doesn't play Unity. I gameshare with a room mate and after I told him about how waved off it was this time he literally stopped playing.

Makes me sad with the awesome coop and club comps and stuff. I continue to play by myself because I love the series that much. Can't say I wasn't disappointed by the story totally for the first time ever though. AC3 upset me a bit but I still found things to love within and upon a second playthrough you see it's brilliance.

With this pfft I can't even PLAY a second time because we only have one save. I love it to death still but man I miss that story. Who's Bishop and where did Rebecca go? That wasn't supposed to be her was it? Why was Shawn there then?

Agree, that's what I loved in AC2, the escaping of Abstergo literally right after the end of AC1! Then meeting the other modern Assassins and learning more about them for the first time and that Lucy was actually an Assassin also (then found to be a traitor).

DragonAgeLegend
01-20-2015, 04:59 AM
They have made several mentions to Juno in AC Black Flag, Rouge, and Unity. Though not as in your face as they did in Black Flag. In Rouge and Unity, they talk about Juno in little tidbits that are hidden away in Helix codes or w/e those things are called. For those that dont know whats going on with Juno She's in the Animus Helix system, or as she puts it "The Gray" with Desmond and Clay. But i do agree that they dont focus alot on her. They need to figure out where they are going and get back focused on it.

Thanks, completely forgot about that. Shows how unmemorable the modern day story has become sadly. :(

DemonLord4lf
01-20-2015, 05:05 AM
Thanks, completely forgot about that. Shows how unmemorable the modern day story has become sadly. :(

I'm a story junkie so i do my best to find everything story related in a game :), but yea its not very rememorable... :(

Megas_Doux
01-20-2015, 05:58 AM

And the reason is this:

The original plan of the saga is over, it died with AC III. Under the current model of annual games Is WAY easier to have this narrative of "one game only" instead of a fully planned modern or even overall arc..........

killzab
01-20-2015, 08:23 AM
And the reason is this:

The original plan of the saga is over, it died with AC III. Under the current model of annual games Is WAY easier to have this narrative of "one game only" instead of a fully planned modern or even overall arc..........

Except it doesn't work, because for their "only one game" narrative to be effective, they need to actually flesh out the story enough and make it complete, which wasn't the case in Unity. It's full of holes and unexplained things, missed opportunities...

Assassin's Creed's never had great gameplay, but it had some other things going for it like the great lore, the compelling stories...

Now it's got nothing, like Angry Joe said, it's "not worth our time".

DemonLord4lf
01-20-2015, 08:26 AM
They need to get over the whole "gamergate" BS and give us a new modern day protagonist. I wouldn't care if its a woman or a man. I just want someone to play as in the modern day. That way it'll tie in everything...

DragonAgeLegend
01-20-2015, 05:30 PM
I just finished Unity, I am extremely and utterly disappointed by how dumbed down the modern story is. It is ridiculous to say the least, so by the end of the game we pretty much get a 5 second voice over from Bishop pretty much saying it's not over.

Honestly, I am not going to buy the next games until I read some reviews on the modern story if it is even incorporated. Wouldn't be surprised if they removed it entirely. Ubisoft, you had something and pretty much blew it for me.

Megas_Doux
01-20-2015, 06:37 PM
Except it doesn't work, because for their "only one game" narrative to be effective, they need to actually flesh out the story enough and make it complete, which wasn't the case in Unity. It's full of holes and unexplained things, missed opportunities...

Assassin's Creed's never had great gameplay, but it had some other things going for it like the great lore, the compelling stories...

Now it's got nothing, like Angry Joe said, it's "not worth our time".

Indeed!

Unity added something to the core gameplay, but it was rushed, again Annualization is to blame....................

Bastiaen
01-20-2015, 07:23 PM
People here on the forums complained about Modern Day, and unfortunately, Ubi listened. MD is what binds the series together as a cohesive whole, and as such, neglecting MD greatly reduces the quality of the series.
I'm not complaining really, I still love the games, but I know that they could be better.

VestigialLlama4
01-20-2015, 07:55 PM
Indeed!

Unity added something to the core gameplay, but it was rushed, again Annualization is to blame....................

Annualization gave us the awesome BLACK FLAG, so clearly it can't be held to blame for incompetence.

Megas_Doux
01-20-2015, 10:13 PM
Annualization gave us the awesome BLACK FLAG, so clearly it can't be held to blame for incompetence.

Whereas Black flag is a really good game in my book - my favorite AC, in fact- it was preceded by a nintendo 3DS project turned into a $60 full console release that saw 2 out of its 3 new mechanics being disliked by the majority of the fanbase; the Fist person sequences and den Defense. And pretty linear game with just 3 open assassinations, a gameplay flop.

Then we have to understand that AC IV was a "greatest hits" kinda game, it did not bring much to the table in terms of "innovate" within the franchise aside from the seamless transition between your ship and other ship/ islands and the undersea exploration levels. However MUCH of the game had AC IIIs overall design all over it but refined: same parkour system, pretty much the same combat, same "stealth" mechanics and the same layout in regards of the buildings. The mission design, setting and usage of the setting were WAY better though, oh and remember that MANY did not like AC IV modern part too.

Unity on the other hand presented -lets not discuss the result though- new parkour system, 1:1 scale buildings with interiors, big crowds, new combat, customization, new or should I say first time stealth mechanics. I give you the story part because I did not like it and still, I think that annual games are making writers running out of ideas......... But Im sure if Ubi had taken 2014 off much of Unitys technical issues regarding unresponsive controls, glitches, frames and overall performance could have been fixed. Check Far cry for instance, those games run as they should from day one.....What Im afraid is that "Victory" will remove everything I liked in Unity: Harder combat, open mission design and such due to the bad reception heavily prompted by the already known performance issues in order to include the old system of being this invincible force of nature that just cant die aided by 9328319 units of ammo.

The MAIN problem with annualization is that in order to please and try to appease the uproar of "everything is the same" Ubi includes new mechanics instead of improving the core with different outcomes due to the rush of the annual deadlines and sometimes that it event affects the core of the game like in Unity...Again, taking more time between tittles is not a guarantee in terms of quality per se , but we can assure that rushing games every year certainly does not.....

Check GTA for example, it is the SAME game since 2001, map gets bigger, graphics better and you drive more vehicles with every sequel, but the core is the same, yet no one complains......

EmptyCrustacean
01-21-2015, 01:34 AM

To be fair, Black Flag was built on top of a pre-existing engine. With Unity they built the game from the ground up and it shows because the controls feel completely different - and unfinished.
They needed to take another year perfecting everything they implemented.

xThistle
01-21-2015, 06:47 AM
I couldn't be happier they got rid of the modern day sequences. It broke up the story and just felt like weak filler.

VestigialLlama4
01-21-2015, 08:15 AM
They needed to take another year perfecting everything they implemented.

We were told by "marketing" That Unity has been in development since Revelations, before AC3.

Even AC3 had a new engine and some bugs but nowhere as bad as Unity's launch and the issues were fixed with two patches and they still got away charging people cash for its Season Pass and Three-Part Story DLC that is actually interesting.

Ultimately I think its down to the creative people, their ideas, skills and competence. They need to know what they are doing. I don't see that with UNITY anywhere. I personally think that the game had a much shorter release than they say it did. I cannot believe it had a long development time, I'd say max two and a half years(that is after AC3). For one thing they scaled back vastly from the variety of missions and interactivity in earlier games, they did zero research into the time period and simply decided to shoehorn Ezio into a new context, hoping that it would satisfy fans by fooling them with a fancy Next-Gen shiny toy. And if its successful, they can spin a sequel with Arno for another two games. Instead they conveniently "leaked" Victory and hid in the sand.

And you know I think deep down they know it. Consider the fact that after AC3 and Black Flag released, the developers and writers did extensive interviews with fans and Q&A with Darby McDevitt especially showing great pride in his work and generosity towards the fans. After Unity's release, well in Blackbeard's words, "nothing but pure f--king silence". They are clearly ashamed of their work and the lies they told during marketing, as they should be. Did the writers, directors, producers do any interviews after Unity's launch, to discuss the story and character and address any of the controversial choices in storytelling? No they didn't.

Unity on the other hand presented -lets not discuss the result though- new parkour system, 1:1 scale buildings with interiors, big crowds, new combat, customization, new or should I say first time stealth mechanics.

All of that is simply updating the mechanics of AC1-AC2 for Next Gen, which isn't innovating so much as necessary and the minimum expectation. As for actual stealth, I don't see how adding a crouch button to give you the option of Arno moving around like a moron in a squatting position is "stealth mechanics" simply for resembling other stealth titles. The earlier games were vastly more stealthy in their own way, mostly because they weren't worried about imitating mechanics in other games. And they gave big crowds that do nothing, except clutter the scenery.

A true Next-Gen AC game should actually reimagine the AC experience, like say multiple characters, more detailed and micro-variations, improved level design - greater integration of main and side-story content.

Check GTA for example, it is the SAME game since 2001, map gets bigger, graphics better and you drive more vehicles with every sequel, but the core is the same, yet no one complains......

Firstly, GTA doesn't annualize release. Secondly, I actually do complain. The series peaked with Grand Theft Auto San Andreas in terms of open world gameplay and associated bad-taste/gangland fantasy (and the best characters in the entire franchise). GTAIV rehases GTA3 for no reason and purpsose, adds a fake serious attitude, Red Dead Redemption (essentially Grand Theft Horse, however it chooses to deny this patent truth) had interesting elements with the farming/domestic sections (the whole Bonnie MacFarlane story-my favorite character in the game) but blew it with its imitations of Spaghetti Westerns. GTA V introduced a new element with mulitple protagonists and then ruined it with a trite story, easy satire and pathetically predictable multiple choice ending mechanic(which by the way is supremely childish approach to choice).

The truth is open world gaming overall has hit a dry wall and no one quite understands how to move forward with it. AC stood out because the idea was you are going to the past and the Arkham games had this incredible level of detail, this merge of single-player with open-world and Dishonored took open-world aesthetics to level designs.

What Im afraid is that "Victory" will remove everything I liked in Unity: Harder combat, open mission design and such due to the bad reception

No, it won't. When AC3 had a bad reception, they didn't ditch the mechanics and stuff they designed in the game (well they removed the Homestead Crafting Mechanics). Black Flag has Tree Running, Hunting, Running Assassinations, Whistling and the same AI archetypes that AC3 did. I am sure Victory will have the needlessly aesthetic sword fighting, slightly harder combat and a lot of interiors, which they will tweak and streamline. Hopefully they'll take the feedback and actually create open mission design that it isn't "four different ways to get past a guard".

EmptyCrustacean
01-21-2015, 04:11 PM
We were told by "marketing" That Unity has been in development since Revelations, before AC3.

Yes, but they needed even more time. Clearly it still wasn't enough and it wouldn't be considering they were rebuilding from the ground up. Unity has so much detail (not fully realised) that the game probably required more time than all the AC games combined. They even had to cut stuff out to make the release date - much of what was shown at E3 didn't make the final edit.

DragonAgeLegend
01-23-2015, 06:03 AM
The game definitely needed a lot more time, all they clearly care about is making money. That's a recipe for an unsuccessful business, wouldn't be surprised if they won Worst Company of the Year this year.

Cactiii
01-23-2015, 06:47 AM

Even AC3 had a new engine and some bugs but nowhere as bad as Unity's launch and the issues were fixed with two patches and they still got away charging people cash for its Season Pass and Three-Part Story DLC that is actually interesting.

Ultimately I think its down to the creative people, their ideas, skills and competence. They need to know what they are doing. I don't see that with UNITY anywhere. I personally think that the game had a much shorter release than they say it did. I cannot believe it had a long development time, I'd say max two and a half years(that is after AC3). For one thing they scaled back vastly from the variety of missions and interactivity in earlier games, they did zero research into the time period and simply decided to shoehorn Ezio into a new context, hoping that it would satisfy fans by fooling them with a fancy Next-Gen shiny toy. And if its successful, they can spin a sequel with Arno for another two games. Instead they conveniently "leaked" Victory and hid in the sand.

And you know I think deep down they know it. Consider the fact that after AC3 and Black Flag released, the developers and writers did extensive interviews with fans and Q&A with Darby McDevitt especially showing great pride in his work and generosity towards the fans. After Unity's release, well in Blackbeard's words, "nothing but pure f--king silence". They are clearly ashamed of their work and the lies they told during marketing, as they should be. Did the writers, directors, producers do any interviews after Unity's launch, to discuss the story and character and address any of the controversial choices in storytelling? No they didn't.

All of that is simply updating the mechanics of AC1-AC2 for Next Gen, which isn't innovating so much as necessary and the minimum expectation. As for actual stealth, I don't see how adding a crouch button to give you the option of Arno moving around like a moron in a squatting position is "stealth mechanics" simply for resembling other stealth titles. The earlier games were vastly more stealthy in their own way, mostly because they weren't worried about imitating mechanics in other games. And they gave big crowds that do nothing, except clutter the scenery.

A true Next-Gen AC game should actually reimagine the AC experience, like say multiple characters, more detailed and micro-variations, improved level design - greater integration of main and side-story content.

Firstly, GTA doesn't annualize release. Secondly, I actually do complain. The series peaked with Grand Theft Auto San Andreas in terms of open world gameplay and associated bad-taste/gangland fantasy (and the best characters in the entire franchise). GTAIV rehases GTA3 for no reason and purpsose, adds a fake serious attitude, Red Dead Redemption (essentially Grand Theft Horse, however it chooses to deny this patent truth) had interesting elements with the farming/domestic sections (the whole Bonnie MacFarlane story-my favorite character in the game) but blew it with its imitations of Spaghetti Westerns. GTA V introduced a new element with mulitple protagonists and then ruined it with a trite story, easy satire and pathetically predictable multiple choice ending mechanic(which by the way is supremely childish approach to choice).

The truth is open world gaming overall has hit a dry wall and no one quite understands how to move forward with it. AC stood out because the idea was you are going to the past and the Arkham games had this incredible level of detail, this merge of single-player with open-world and Dishonored took open-world aesthetics to level designs.

No, it won't. When AC3 had a bad reception, they didn't ditch the mechanics and stuff they designed in the game (well they removed the Homestead Crafting Mechanics). Black Flag has Tree Running, Hunting, Running Assassinations, Whistling and the same AI archetypes that AC3 did. I am sure Victory will have the needlessly aesthetic sword fighting, slightly harder combat and a lot of interiors, which they will tweak and streamline. Hopefully they'll take the feedback and actually create open mission design that it isn't "four different ways to get past a guard".
The scary part of Victory for me is that I absolutely adored almost everything in Unity besides the modern day storyline, but I've seen so much complaining about the game. For whatever criticism people have of Ubisoft, it's impossible to deny that they listen to what their fans say about the game- we hated Forrest Gumping in AC3, so they stopped that in Unity. We wanted more challenging combat and open levels and a dedicated stealth button and coop and everything else and they gave it to us, so I'm worried that instead of perfecting Unity's mechanics they're going to try and overhaul it again.

As for the story, I think that if they use it as filler like Black Flag then they may as well ditch it. It was fun when it was a dedicated mission in AC3- be it platforming through a skyscraper or fighting through Abstergo. Just give us story through a radio transmission and it will work much better than how they have it now. I'd rather see it removed entirely than negated to "Thanks for trying, but you didn't actually do anything." like in Unity.

pirate1802
01-23-2015, 07:03 AM
Nope. At best of the times it was a conspiracy 101 for kids smashed with some hackneyed ancient aliens plot. The more it drew out the more laughable it got. Not missing its departure.

HiddenKiller612
01-23-2015, 07:27 AM
It always felt like just a reason for us to enter memories more than anything else. I mean I kind of liked modern day, it had this scifi type deal going for it.... but after a while it's like, just put me back in the machine already. I kind of felt that way replaying AC1... maybe it's just after having the recent games where you don't get pulled out as much, but replaying AC1... I kind of disliked the modern parts more. Now if we were a modern assassin that did missions both in and out of the animus... I.E. Being able to go off and do the same thing in modern day as you do in the animus, both having their own open worlds... it wouldn't be soo bad... but I doubt we'll see that and I'm not too broken up about it. History is my main draw to the franchise, walking and interacting with a time I'll never visit in person. While simultaneously taking out targets.

Ghaleon80
01-24-2015, 10:55 AM
Loved it, was even okay with the floating Ipad but missed MD from the Desmond games.

As much as i hate to say it(type it?) if modern day in Victory is the same as Unity, Unity will be the last Assassin's Creed game i play until the return MD to it's former glory. I'd even accept floating ipad guy.

And no it's not just people on the forum who liked MD, most of my friends did and people i game with.

DemonLord4lf
02-01-2015, 05:48 AM
Loved it, was even okay with the floating Ipad but missed MD from the Desmond games.

As much as i hate to say it(type it?) if modern day in Victory is the same as Unity, Unity will be the last Assassin's Creed game i play until the return MD to it's former glory. I'd even accept floating ipad guy.

And no it's not just people on the forum who liked MD, most of my friends did and people i game with.

The whole floating ipod thing was stupid... but it was better then what we got in Unity. Hopefully they'll give us an option to be either part of the Templars or Assassins in MD.

Altair1789
02-01-2015, 05:53 AM
Modern day should stay. It rhymes so I'm right

I think a nice modern day would be we're a modern day assassin who discovers his heritage consisting of Arno, Sam Fey, and the other upcoming assassins (and possibly Desmond's ancestors that we played as. That would be nice too) and then he/she uses the animus to do typical assassin animus stuff. The modern day will be like AC3's with MD missions (I'm one of the few that liked AC3's MD). I wouldn't mind Galena as the protagonist too

DemonLord4lf
02-01-2015, 05:57 AM

I think a nice modern day would be we're a modern day assassin who discovers his heritage consisting of Arno, Sam Fey, and the other upcoming assassins (and possibly Desmond's ancestors that we played as. That would be nice too) and then he/she uses the animus to do typical assassin animus stuff. The modern day will be like AC3's with MD missions (I'm one of the few that liked AC3's MD). I wouldn't mind Galena as the protagonist too

Also, why not do something with the old Multiplayer. Warren was training templars with the animus. What if the next Templar AC game has the cream of the crop student going through the animus to train to fight assassins in MD missions.

Fatal-Feit
02-01-2015, 07:35 AM
Nope. At best of the times it was a conspiracy 101 for kids smashed with some hackneyed ancient aliens plot. The more it drew out the more laughable it got. Not missing its departure.

^ That sums up how I feel about it. After about several games, I'm convince they can't pull it off.

Nowadays, I prefer MD kept at a minimum like in AC1, Black Flag, and Rogue. Give us a small open world/hub to free-roam with lore to explore. Not a fan of 2nd hand assets and missions like with Desmond throughout most of his adventures. The story wasn't that compelling either. The idea, sure, but it was never executed to our satisfaction. Or just something non-existent like with Unity. I'm down for more engrossing rifts if it means dropping half-baked First Civ/MD drama.

VoldR
02-01-2015, 08:11 AM
When AC 4 first released, I didn't mind its FPS, I didn't mind its "us"

What I do wished for is
1. A voice, I don't care if its a boy or girl... optional or not.
2. That it is mot a temporary character but a new person to continue the venture.
3. Do more then being a paper boy, maybe choices (that'll be crazy dialogs to make)
4. FPS can do free running as proven in other games.
Venture around abstergo like Deus Ex, if u had to kill or KO someone and hide the body or something...

DemonLord4lf
02-01-2015, 08:13 AM
When AC 4 first released, I didn't mind its FPS, I didn't mind its "us"

What I do wished for is
1. A voice, I don't care if its a boy or girl... optional or not.
2. That it is mot a temporary character but a new person to continue the venture.
3. Do more then being a paper boy, maybe choices (that'll be crazy dialogs to make)
4. FPS can do free running as proven in other games.
Venture around abstergo like Deus Ex, if u had to kill or KO someone and hide the body or something...

I know in Rouge i wanted to smack that woman every time she called me a numbskull... or at least tell her to shut up.

VoldR
02-01-2015, 08:25 AM
I know in Rouge i wanted to smack that woman every time she called me a numbskull... or at least tell her to shut up.

Dialog options
a) Pant like a puppy
b) slap her and tell her to stop it
c) snap her neck ***Abstergo*** will record "remember" that
Or stealthily and hide her body in all that wired mess. Claim she got electrocuted

VoldR
02-01-2015, 08:27 AM
If they do that I bet AC will be next to be claimed violence to females...

DemonLord4lf
02-01-2015, 08:41 AM
If they do that I bet AC will be next to be claimed violence to females...but she had it coming >.>
Or stealthily and hide her body in all that wired mess. Claim she got electrocutedThere we go. No one would ever know :D

RinoTheBouncer
02-01-2015, 07:17 PM
The modern day and the First Civ. parts are my most favorite parts of the franchise and with all due respect, without them, the games are no where near as appealing as they used to be. I hope they return, because they're what made the franchise so remarkable to begin with.

Locopells
02-01-2015, 07:32 PM

Thank you Mr Lego Movie...

DemonLord4lf
02-01-2015, 10:05 PM
Thank you Mr Lego Movie...

A mod just said that....

yes that really did happen.