PDA

View Full Version : Just about done with Unity

disciple38
01-18-2015, 02:01 PM
I bought the Notre Dame collectors version of Unity; all excited and hyped ready to play the latest Assassin's Creed. All this title has given me though is disappointment. I waited patiently for the patches and after the last patch it became playable for me; after installing Dead Kings it has gone back to unplayable as if it hasn't even been patched! I have just noticed too that my artbook actually starts on page 9 not 1. This has just been one complete and utter mess Ubisoft!

dargor5
01-18-2015, 03:06 PM
I wonder if I got lucky and got a special download of the game cause I never had issues after patch 4. Installed DK and still no issues but the freezing for 4 secs but that happena eveey other hour. Funny part is I dont even have a top rig.

My sugestions to all you complainers, search the forum for solutions and tweaks, there are there and really easy to find. If you think this game should work without tweaking well go buy yourself a console, cause thats what pc is all about

Lignjoslav
01-18-2015, 04:16 PM
You should definitely contact Ubisoft about the artbook.

As for the game, I'm not seeing any difference in Paris after the DLC. In Saint Denis, the overall framerate seems a bit lower and I've had one crash, but I was able to get it to 98% without too much trouble (I still need to play the co-op missions).

What are your exact issues, system specs and game settings?

disciple38
01-18-2015, 09:52 PM
Constant freezing is what i'm suffering with; before dead kings i was playing on medium game settings.
My specs are quad core at 3.0ghz
4gb of ram
5870 2gb vapour chill

I know my system is quite old and I never intended to play this at high with fantastic fps but as I said it was running smoothly at medium on the 1.4 patch
I have verified the files as well.
I do intend to upgrade later this year so hopefully the game will play a touch better; as for the artbook, that was like the last straw on the donkey's back for me. Never had a problem with Ubisoft games before.

Lignjoslav
01-18-2015, 11:20 PM
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by freezing (computer locks up, game locks up, game temporarily stops responding?), but with 4GB RAM make sure that you put textures to low.

I was playing Unity on a similar PC (Phenom II X4 3.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 6950 2GB) and unless I set textures to low, whenever I'd spin the camera, the framerate would dip into single digits or freeze while HDD would crunch to get the needed resources into RAM. Other things don't have to be low, but textures do.