PDA

View Full Version : Lantern of Saint-Denis [some spoilers]

Cactiii
01-17-2015, 06:11 PM
Alright, so I just finished Dead Kings, and while I didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed my time in Paris, it was still fun, especially for a free add-on. My biggest gripe is that, after you complete the final mission, the lantern is replaced with the lantern of Saint-Denis, an awkward white head which is dangling off your belt. It just kind of kills the immersion compared to the lantern, which blended in nicely. Does anyone know any way to change back to the original lantern besides restarting the game?

DemonLord4lf
01-17-2015, 06:50 PM
Why change it back? Its the world's first bat signal :O

Honestly, i had no issue with that lantern being replaced. So i have no idea how to change it back.

Jackdaw951
01-17-2015, 07:12 PM
This is one complaint I thought I'd never see. You get this unique-looking perennial lamp, and you want to change it back to an ordinary lamp that needs constant refilling and gets spoiled by water? Really?

DemonLord4lf
01-17-2015, 07:18 PM
This is one complaint I thought I'd never see. You get this unique-looking perennial lamp, and you want to change it back to an ordinary lamp that needs constant refilling and gets spoiled by water? Really?

The replacement lamp doesn't get spoiled in water? Neato... but in all fairness, there's not much use for the lantern anyways... besides scaring bats and cockroaches.

Jackdaw951
01-17-2015, 07:32 PM
The replacement lamp doesn't get spoiled in water? Neato... but in all fairness, there's not much use for the lantern anyways... besides scaring bats and cockroaches.

And it does illuminate the really dark corners of the underground. I wish I could use it in the main game.

If you dive in water, it will fizzle out; but when you get back on dry land, bringing it out relights it again.

DemonLord4lf
01-17-2015, 08:22 PM
neato. that would be cool to have in the main game... just for appearances though. It doesn't really do anything as i stated before.