PDA

View Full Version : AC II control remapping problem

Saveli0n
01-17-2015, 04:49 PM
Hello everyone,

First of all I'm new here, so I'm very sorry if there is already a thread dedicated to this issue.
I just bought all the Assassins Creed games up to Revelations yesterday because I finally acquired a computer with a powerful enough graphics card to run them and found a good deal (20 euros for all of them). I've been a fan for years and watched my friends play before so I was super excited to start playing.

However, the controls confused me a lot. I googled around and found this was a common problem so I decided to remap them. For some reason this doesn't seem to work, whenever I try to remap them instead of being able to press the new key I want to assign to the action, it starts scrolling through the page uncontrollably until I click "Default" or "Back." I have no idea how to fix it and the controls are driving me up the wall (first time I ever truly ragequitted was just now, the mission where you have to win from Ezio's brother to get to the church first). I was about ready to throw my computer out the window haha. Please help me as I love the storyline behind these and I really want to play the game (finally!).

Greetings,
Savelion

YazX_
01-17-2015, 04:59 PM
Hello,

My advise is to stick to default controls since they are the best, even with new AC games, Ubisoft changed default bindings and most of players revert back to AC2 bindings since they are the best, it needs little time to get used to them, so be patient and you will start enjoying the game with those default bindings.

However, if you insist to change them, then i would suggest to use Keyboard only to assign keys and navigate through menus, dont touch the mouse, to assign a key, just hit enter and press the key you want, if you issue hasnt been solved by this then please contact customer support, link is in my signature.

Saveli0n
01-17-2015, 05:18 PM
Okay thank you mod I will try changing it using spacebar again (though this hasn't worked before, but I will try again). The only reason I want to change is that I find it really awkward that the move buttons are the wasd keys and the camera keys the directional buttons. I'd much rather have them the other way around since I'm having trouble with jumping while freerunning (this might be due to the fact that my keyboard is narrower and more compact than most, so the left Shift key is too close to the move buttons). Anyways, I will contact support if it still doesn't work.

Thanks.