PDA

View Full Version : Showdown races time out ALWAYS now (for everyone or just me?)

shfing
01-17-2015, 11:53 AM
The ability for Trials to connect to the server has gotten progressively worse over time and it seems that it is effecting pretty much everyone.

Now my connection is so poor I can't even start a showdown race. This has been the case for about 48 hours now. I can start a new showdown, sometimes collect my losses, but can't actually compete (so be happy if you are paired with me as I will not enter any times).

I've tested this on multiple connections all of which function just fine for everything else.

Is it just me or is this happening to everyone?

vVvBrock
01-17-2015, 03:20 PM
It's been like this for me for about two weeks, maybe longer. Luckily for me, this happened immediately after I got the legend status or whatever it's called, but it's still annoying since the bunker is such a huge part of the game for me now that my bikes are mostly upgraded. I've been holding off complaining about it until now in case a fix was coming soon, but I have no idea how long that will take at this point.

Not to mention the fact that I've wasted 30+ gems on the broken slot machine, but that's a different issue.

llDumptruckll
01-19-2015, 04:47 AM
Make sure the Bunker is properly loaded first. Starting Showdowns immediately can often result in the game crashing. Meaning that make sure all of your friends on your friends list have loaded before doing anything else. This can take time, depending on how many friends you have. Once they are loaded, then proceed to play the showdown. Hope this helps.

shfing
01-19-2015, 11:13 AM
Thanx IIDumpTruckII. I have tried that and just tried again but no luck.

@vVvBrock - oddly enough it started to fail all of the time right after I made legend too. I suspect that is more than coincidence than anything else though.

vVvBrock
01-19-2015, 12:36 PM
Make sure the Bunker is properly loaded first. Starting Showdowns immediately can often result in the game crashing. Meaning that make sure all of your friends on your friends list have loaded before doing anything else. This can take time, depending on how many friends you have. Once they are loaded, then proceed to play the showdown. Hope this helps.

It doesn't seem to matter how long I wait since it just crashes after about ten seconds no matter what even if I click on the bunker and just wait. I do have 95 uplay friends with most of them being Trials people since I don't really play other games, so maybe this game just can't handle that many friends or something.

angry-stump
01-20-2015, 12:36 PM
It's getting worse for me, the airplane mode trick isn't evne reliable now.

The support response for my ticket was laughable, standard "make sure your phone is supportrd and up to date, make sure the game is up to date, delete it and reinstall"

A completely canned response without any recognition of the problem or any hint at s resolution in the works.

So frustrating!

grimper12341
02-03-2015, 01:20 PM

So why exactly does the bunker take so incredibly long to load in the first place? The profile pictures can't be more than 15-20kb. Multiply that by 100 or so friends and it's still only a couple of mb, which even on my crappy connection should take less than 10 seconds to load.

The legends list might be a bigger problem, since that has 1000+ profile pictures to load at the moment. Don't understand why the devs couldn't just switch them off as a temporary fix instead of making us wait for a big patch, and then delaying it.