PDA

View Full Version : Getting it off my chest.

Clonzoo
01-16-2015, 12:04 PM
Assassins Creed Unity.
First of all. I am completely new to the genre as I haven't played any of the previous games.

Unity, is an unfinished piece of filth!!!
And I have so much fun with it. It sounds absolutely crazy, but I love the game when it works and it actually makes up for all the bugs and **** that we all suffer through. Now I have to be honest, I don't think I have as many issues as everyone else, but if this was a game genre I was a veteran at, I would have ****ed Ubisoft so hard in their asses its not even funny. Speaking of Ubisoft, what on earth are you idiots doing? With this game release being as **** as it was, you have lost most if not all credibility with the "PC Master Race" I'd go as far as saying, you ****ed this port worse then EA in their Need for Speed: Rivals. Yes, the racing game locked at 30 fps. And god forbid if you force it up to 60 through command-line parameter or however you go about it, you and your car goes twice as fast as it should. And if you try 120 fps you break the game..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDA37BmvNwM
Yeah, its actually that bad... Though you guys actually offer more then 30 fps. CONGRATULATIONS.
But you're not out of the woods yet, the title of that video should have been "WTF is: Need for Speed: Rivals" but since its a ****ty port and game the video has been renamed "Let's not play Need for Speed: Rivals" lets look at Unity, shall we?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgpzT5V5Mgs
"Let's not play Assassins Creed: Unity yet" You must have done something right as The Cynical Brit himself put a "yet" at the end there. Yes Ubisoft, you guys ****ed up, but you still have a chance to optimize this game and calm the glorious master race of the pc gamers down to a level where they will actually buy your next AAA-title.

Now back to my opinion. As I said, unfinished piece of filth. It is, it really really is, however I don't have as many problems as others and as I am new to the franchise I can enjoy it a great deal. (I have however heard the 2nd game was alot better and stand as an all time favorite in most opinions) I do have my issues like the random freezes every so often and in some cases, the frame rate drops down to 5 to 20 fps where I have to either restart and start the mission over or suffer through it and restart the game. Also, I have seen some models changing the closer I get which is perfectly showcased in the video of what should have been "WTF is: Assassin's Creed Unity", Also, the minimum and recommended system requirements for this game is a load of bull. Like hell you actually need a i7 and a 780. Sure, the game looks good, but there is no way in hell you need a $1000 rig to play this game. You need to go further out on the country side with that one.

The story of the game is pretty good, but also pretty crap in many cases, given I haven't played the other ones and have little to no material that I can fairly compare it to. The gameplay is pretty good, however getting stuck on a ledge or a chest that is like 20cm off ground and actually having to spam E to get down while I have 5 enemies shooting and trying to separate my head from my shoulders... yeah, very fun!

I don't really have much more to say, I would recommend the game, however don't buy it of Uplay, its overpriced... Now its currently at around $43 which is alot more reasonable then $65 I got it through a Norwegian website for around $35 - 40. That is still not reasonable when its this badly optimized, atleast for those that have played them all. For me its reasonable as I like the game to the extent I do and can live through the occasional freezes etc etc.
Should you buy Unity? It depends. Should Unity suck as badly as it does? NOOOPE!
Ubisoft sit on the resources to fix this game, I sincerely hope they do, if not and there comes another AC game, I will not buy it unless it gets some really good reviews. I just hope that even if its a 2014 title, Ubisoft continue to optimize it and regains some trust, I say some because you can't have every PC gamer with you, because lets face it, as a triple A developer, you guys are a disgrace!

Now, lastly to spark a discussion, am I in the wrong calling Ubisoft a disgrace and a bunch of idiots? Does other share my view on Unity, being able to live with how the game actually suck? And lastly, I am not too good with PC, but am I in the wrong when I say the system requirements page is a load of bull?

strigoi1958
01-16-2015, 12:42 PM
Well you're entitled to your opinion... but we are not the PC master race we are the very very very very poor cousins of the gaming community... (check out VGchartz and you'll see that console games sell 10 time the amount of pc games) so I'm grateful anyone bothers with making games for my pc.

Everything is relative... I do not like onions and at a carvery last week there were a few onions on the potatoes... I simply took some potatoes from a different corner... the guy 2 places behind me screamed the pub down almost demanding world war 3 and gehenna started for this unforgivable outrage... he demanded free meals for himself and his guests should be the very least he should get and threatened to sue... in his opinion he was being reasonable and I think he went over the top... just depends on what ever you put into your perspective.

PC are definitely NOT the master race. Game companies HATE us and rightly so.

IMHO Unity was probably shortened to make the release date but that is business demands and nothing to do with the developers. :(

They gave us free DLC even though I've had nothing of any consequence to complain about and I only paid 50% of the retail price for the game anyway.

The Requirements page again is relative.... Ubi release a game (same as with all companies) and set a standard at which THEY think is acceptable to them... how they would like their product to be seen.... some people will want a higher standard 120 fps at 4k resolution and will complain about low fps and not being able to max everything at 4k... while others are content running it at 10fps on a screen size of 12 inches by 8 inches while others complain they cannot run it on 8 year old graphics cards so again we have our own standards but it is the developers choice as to what they think fits their game.

we can agree or disagree but it makes no difference.

Wrath2Zero
01-16-2015, 01:02 PM
TB exaggerated rather a lot with that video all because he couldn't' keep above 60fps all the time and SLI support, scaling is not guaranteed. He brought to GTX Titans, no happy enough then brought 2 GTX 980s and claimed ACU is still not playable. I'm happy with ACU's performance with a GTX 970 since I can hit 60fps on a regular basis. He also got an 8 core Intel CPU which is not that impressive for games considering it's price.

There is contradiction here, people say ACU is badly optimised yet the game uses all cores upto 100% load, Black Flag never did but people, talk like ACU is the worst optimised game in history. The game is nicely optimised for NVIDIA 900 series and Intel CPUs, even AMD FX series all cores are used so I don't know what people are crying for.

It also turns out that AMD GPUs performed badly because of their driver, Omega pretty much fixed performance so it's not Ubisoft's fault, it's AMDs. Consoles perform badly because of their weak CPU, Ubisoft spent a lot of time optimising it for the consoles, just look at their white paper on CPU optimisation with shaders for ACU. I don't like how Ubisoft released the game early and buggy but to say it's badly optimised is somewhat of a lie by people who don't know what optimisation is, I myself initially thought it was badly optimised but soon seen looking deep that it wasn't. I7s using all 4 cpus and 8 threads is not badly optimised.

YazX_
01-16-2015, 02:07 PM
Well you're entitled to your opinion... but we are not the PC master race we are the very very very very poor cousins of the gaming community... (check out VGchartz and you'll see that console games sell 10 time the amount of pc games) so I'm grateful anyone bothers with making games for my pc.

PC are definitely NOT the master race. Game companies HATE us and rightly so.

Sorry man but i disagree and allow me to correct your info, VGchartz and all other websites dont count digital sales, 90% of PC sales are distributed digitally thats without mentioning steam, me personally have tons of games all bought digitally and most of PC gamers are like me, however, gaming companies are businesses like any other business, if the PC market is not worth it nor profitable, then they wouldnt even bother to port or make a game for PC.

i'm not denying that consoles' sales exceed PC, but at the same time PC sales are not weak and they do contribute in the total profit margin of sales, PC gaming is growing and it has grown around 3% since last year.

look at games like Battlefield, EA sold millions of copies to PC gamers and exceeded consoles sales by a big margin and their main platform is PC since its their target market, so saying PC sales are not good and few PC gamers are out there is not correct.

Even Ubisoft issued a statement lately saying they are focusing on PC market since its growing so fast and that growth is well worth it.

Wrath2Zero
01-16-2015, 02:22 PM
Yep, Ubisoft said that PC sales are 15% of their business, contradicting their silly comment about 95% of PC gamers pirate games. Thought got to say, Ubisoft are not doing themselves any favours selling their games at 50 a copy and getting greedy by not using Steam in favour of Valves 30% cut. Notice how Ubisoft games are on Steam UK now for 45, that's 5 cheaper than their own UK store price.

Ubisoft just can't seem to say anything right lately, they're full of contradiction and favour the consoles way to much to the point of bring console prizes to a PC only event. They're sending all the wrong signals to PC gamers while ACU and Farcry 4 not even in the same league as the PC version on ultra They claimed the console version was equivalent to PC ultra setting, when that is simply not true, since PC ultra uses MSAA, godrays, HBAO+, PCSS, volumetric fog while the consoles don't.

YazX_
01-16-2015, 02:24 PM
Yep, Ubisoft said that PC sales are 15% of their business, contradicting their silly comment about 95% of PC gamers pirate games.

REMINDER:

Please note, any implicit or explicit discussion related to piracy is strictly prohibited by forum rules no matter what it is and will get your account permanently banned, so please refrain and just keep it off the discussion.

Thanks

Wrath2Zero
01-16-2015, 02:35 PM
REMINDER:

Please note, any implicit or explicit discussion related to piracy is strictly prohibited by forum rules no matter what it is and will get your account permanently banned, so please refrain and just keep it off the discussion.

Thanks

Well that is silly, that's a quote from what Ubisoft said, your forum rules need changing or updating to reflect what the company you support put out in terms of statements and game ratings. Please don't put a background image of the game that contradicts your forum rules

wvstolzing
01-16-2015, 03:05 PM
TB really dropped the ball on this one, and I finally canceled my subscription to his channel (I've been meaning to for a while).

His biggest piece of 'criticism' (?!) for ACU is ... that 'there are no boats'. Pathetic.

dargor5
01-16-2015, 05:10 PM
TB really dropped the ball on this one, and I finally canceled my subscription to his channel (I've been meaning to for a while).

His biggest piece of 'criticism' (?!) for ACU is ... that 'there are no boats'. Pathetic.

Agreed TB did not like AC because it did not have naval combat, people forgot that was just an add to the theme in that particular game. Also this is for the Mods to consider, make a statement that all complains are to be posted on the technical support forum, this forum is filling up with post "I hate unity, I have x y z problem" and obscuring the real discussion posts about the game. To each his/her own opinion and there should be a place for that, but I'm getting tired of coming to this forum to see people just saying **** Ubisoft and **** ACU.

AherasSTRG
01-16-2015, 07:31 PM
There is contradiction here, people say ACU is badly optimised yet the game uses all cores upto 100% load, Black Flag never did but people, talk like ACU is the worst optimised game in history. The game is nicely optimised for NVIDIA 900 series and Intel CPUs, even AMD FX series all cores are used so I don't know what people are crying for.

I don't like how Ubisoft released the game early and buggy but to say it's badly optimised is somewhat of a lie by people who don't know what optimisation is, I myself initially thought it was badly optimised but soon seen looking deep that it wasn't. I7s using all 4 cpus and 8 threads is not badly optimised.

Better get a flashlight, dude. You are so close to understanding the concept of optimisation.

Oh, Ubiforums, you never disappoint.

Aenigmatix
01-16-2015, 07:53 PM
REMINDER:

Thanks

Really dude? He was just quoting something Ubisoft said. I don't think that's what the anti-piracy discussion rule was meant to disallow.

YazX_
01-16-2015, 08:14 PM
Really dude? He was just quoting something Ubisoft said. I don't think that's what the anti-piracy discussion rule was meant to disallow.

i've just posted a reminder of the forum rules in order not to drag this topic into another discussion, that's all, so lets please stay on-topic.

Wrath2Zero
01-16-2015, 08:19 PM
*shakes head. You see, you can't even quote what Ubisoft said because it's against forum rules LOL

Aenigmatix
01-16-2015, 08:30 PM
Whatevs.

Back on topic:

Look, we've had dozens of these kind of threads complaining about Unity. So before I say what I'm about to say, let me clarify that I, too, am angry about Unity's subpar release. And that's putting it lightly. No one likes paying full price for something that doesn't turn out as expected. I get the anger, and I get the frustration.

That said...

Some people on these forums need a little perspective. Video games are never going to be released completely bug-free. That's simply not how the industry works anymore. I understand Unity goes beyond that, because some of the bugs are completely game-breaking. But it's astonishing how many people have posted their PC specs, which are clearly below the minimum requirements, and yet they'll still complain the game doesn't function perfectly.

For god's sake, there was another thread for a while where people were claiming they were going to sue Ubisoft. How ludicrous can it get?

My point: it's just a video game. It's okay to be upset that it's buggy as hell, and that you feel you wasted your money. But some of these posts on these forums go well beyond that, and venture into hateful and extremely spiteful remarks that no one deserves, no matter how bad the game is they developed.

Ansellbwoy
01-16-2015, 08:36 PM
Whatevs.

Back on topic:

Look, we've had dozens of these kind of threads complaining about Unity. So before I say what I'm about to say, let me clarify that I, too, am angry about Unity's subpar release. And that's putting it lightly. No one likes paying full price for something that doesn't turn out as expected. I get the anger, and I get the frustration.

That said...

Some people on these forums need a little perspective. Video games are never going to be released completely bug-free. That's simply not how the industry works anymore. I understand Unity goes beyond that, because some of the bugs are completely game-breaking. But it's astonishing how many people have posted their PC specs, which are clearly below the minimum requirements, and yet they'll still complain the game doesn't function perfectly.

For god's sake, there was another thread for a while where people were claiming they were going to sue Ubisoft. How ludicrous can it get?

My point: it's just a video game. It's okay to be upset that it's buggy as hell, and that you feel you wasted your money. But some of these posts on these forums go well beyond that, and venture into hateful and extremely spiteful remarks that no one deserves, no matter how bad the game is they developed.

Look, if your going to make a sound logical point, can you remove yourself from the forum please. No room for that talk here.

Wrath2Zero
01-16-2015, 08:41 PM
Complaining about complainers doesn't solve anything.

Aenigmatix
01-16-2015, 08:47 PM
Complaining about complainers doesn't solve anything.

No it doesn't.

I'm just trying to point out that these forums could serve a much better purpose than simply existing as a medium for people to vent their foaming-at-the-mouth anger.

For example, I've posted at least three times about in-game microphone problems, i.e. the fact that you simply can't use them. And the Club Members list glitch. A lot of people have, but our complaints are just getting bumped down the thread list by new, completely useless angry posts.

Wrath2Zero
01-16-2015, 08:53 PM
Like any customer orientated thing, you have to find the right channels, no one from Ubisoft will see anything here, the mods don't work for Ubisoft, they have zero power to do anything ,same for support, they're the lowest contact for issues. It's always pretty much down to users to solve our own problems here and nothing more.

Aenigmatix
01-16-2015, 08:54 PM
Like any customer orientated thing, you have to find the right channels, no one from Ubisoft will see anything here, the mods don't work for Ubisoft, they have zero power to do anything ,same for support, they're the lowest contact for issues. It's always pretty much down to users to solve or own problems here and nothing more.

But Ubisoft do pay attention to these forums.

Yannis Mallat posted here himself. A long time ago, true. But I'm pretty sure they're paying attention to these threads. Or, at least, the threads that they have the time to read and sift through.

YazX_
01-16-2015, 09:01 PM
But Ubisoft do pay attention to these forums.

Yannis Mallat posted here himself. A long time ago, true. But I'm pretty sure they're paying attention to these threads. Or, at least, the threads that they have the time to read and sift through.

Forums are always monitored by Community Managers, for every game there is at least one community manager, those CMs try to help as much as they can and pass feedback and issues directly to Ubisoft teams, however, due to the huge amount of threads on this forum, not all threads are guaranteed to be looked at, so the official channel to report a problem is by contacting support even if they dont have a solution for the problem as it will be escalated to higher levels, more people reporting the same issue the more attention and priority it gets.

However, we "volunteer mods" also pass issues and feedback to CMs and also try to help as much as we can.

Wrath2Zero
01-16-2015, 09:05 PM
Not really the point considering he probably was one of the people who creaed this whole mess with Unity anyway since management usually do. Ubisoft released Unity early in a bad state, clearly they were not listen to their customers in the first place, but what do you expect from yearly release cycles?