PDA

View Full Version : ACU Testing/Issues I have experienced

Raptoros9395
01-16-2015, 03:12 AM
I have owned this game for a month now and have been tinkering with it since I bought it for 30 dollars. I have experienced multiple issues in the game while trying different types of graphical options. The game itself runs at best okay... It unfortunately runs better in a single GPU mode than it does in SLI. I may pick up frames in SLI but since patch 4 I am experiencing water/roof texture flashing (I know there is ways around this by changing file names) and I will not run SLI until that is fixed. In both cases I am encountering a problem with Nvidia's PhysX software, where it likes to basically refresh itself and fling the clothing/hair everywhere. When that happens I notice that my frame rate will tank anywhere from 8-15 fps. This occurs roughly every 3 seconds. If this happens I usually restart the game and come back in and it is completely fine and running quite well. The second I enter a cut-scene, open a locked box, or sometimes at complete random the PhysX problem occurs. The game is absolutely beautiful and filled with life on every inch of the map, and it's a shame that bugs like this almost entirely ruin it due to frustration. I would just like to know if there is anything in the works for fixing these issues sometime soon?

***These settings below are set for optimization around 30fps***

My PC Specs:

GPU: 2 Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 2gb (no overclocking done for these tests)
CPU: Intel i7-3770k (no overclocking done for these tests)
RAM: 16gb

Assassin's Creed Unity Settings (Single Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 2gb):

Ambient Occlusion: HBAO+
Anti-aliasing: FXAA
Display Mode: Full-screen
Enviroment Quality: High
Resolution: 1920x1080
Shadow Quality: High
Texture Quality: Ultra High

Assassin's Creed Unity Settings (SLI Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 2gb):

Ambient Occlusion: HBAO+
Anti-aliasing: FXAA (Can't run MSAAx2, MSAAx4, MSAAx8, or Nvidia's TXAA)
Display Mode: Full-screen
Enviroment Quality: Ultra High*
Resolution: 1920x1080
Shadow Quality: Soft Shadows*
Texture Quality: Ultra High

Carfax83
01-16-2015, 03:28 AM
AC unity doesn't use PhysX, it uses Havok. Also, I don't think a 2GB frame buffer is enough for ultra textures, probably need at least 3GB.. I would try reducing your texture level to high rather than ultra high.

As for the texture flashing with SLI enabled, try following the instructions in this post:

Here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/995271-When-will-SLI-be-fixed-!!-Come-on!!?p=10518263&viewfull=1#post10518263)

Raptoros9395
01-16-2015, 03:39 AM
AC unity doesn't use PhysX, it uses Havok. Also, I don't think a 2GB frame buffer is enough for ultra textures, probably need at least 3GB.. I would try reducing your texture level to high rather than ultra high.

As for the texture flashing with SLI enabled, try following the instructions in this post:

Here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/995271-When-will-SLI-be-fixed-!!-Come-on!!?p=10518263&viewfull=1#post10518263)

Oh okay, so they decided to use Havok which I am not familiar with, if they could fix the issues with that then the game would run pretty good with what I have. That is the biggest complaint I have with the game right now. Just something about the hair/clothing flying everywhere that irritates me. I have played with all of the settings and done so individually, running the texture rate at Ultra High is running just fine, and it doesn't impact my frame rate all that much to be honest. For the last part, like I have said I know there is a work around for it but it should be properly fixed by Ubisoft.

Wrath2Zero
01-16-2015, 04:04 PM
You only have 2GB of VRAM, use low or high texture quality, SLI doesn't double your VRAM.

ACE7492
01-16-2015, 08:49 PM
You only have 2GB of VRAM, use low or high texture quality, SLI doesn't double your VRAM.

So just for clarification, is the 2GB of vram responsible for the hair and clothes flinging around every 3 seconds? I am currently able to play with everything on high settings and maintain 60 frames very well. Except every 3 seconds it drops to 47 then back to 60. Every 3 seconds, standing still, moving, or wherever. So would one 3GB card fix that?