PDA

View Full Version : Unity frustration

jew64
01-15-2015, 02:36 PM
Ubisoft I understand that you guys did an incredible amount of work bringing us unity and rouge in the same year while coding the unity engine from scratch but **** this game sucks. I have loved the assassins creed series from AC1 and have done my best to 100% complete the games. Who made the decision to give every peice of **** guard in the game a gun? Also why do I have no mechanics to block or evade their shots? Really what the hell Ubisoft their bullets kill in 2 shots.
Ubisoft you really need to amp up your efforts in the next assassins creed, drop the micro transactions. We already payed you $60 for the game and people like me who buy the season pass pay closer to $100. Don't be EA.
Secondly you need to bring back using a human shield for bullet evasion, screw the multiplayer in the single player mode. No one wants to be under powered and required to have friends playing, while your at it bring back the counter kills and kill streaks they were simply amazing.
If you need a road map for a successful combination then revamp black flag it was one of the most amazing games ive played, you know minus the walking around the abstergo building for hours although the hacking was fun as hell. ‪#‎fixassassinscreed‬ (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/fixassassinscreed?source=feed_text&story_id=10152560215341366)

phoenix-force411
01-15-2015, 02:57 PM
You can evade shots when there is a glowing red target on you by pressing the button to dodge. However, you cannot dodge when you are not in combat which is a pain the butt. Guards will 95% of the time get you with their shots which is frustrating. Just make sure you have a lot of medicine. Snipers are overpowered, and that is all I can say about that.

Note: Take care not to get tripped by a guard using a long weapon, because if you do, getting shot during the recovery animation(press dodge to recover)or on the ground will result in an immediate desynchronization regardless of health status. This could be a potential bug since it has happened to me twice.

dargor5
01-15-2015, 03:22 PM
The frustrating part for me is getting shot while on a finisher animation, you cant dodge or move

topeira1980
01-15-2015, 03:26 PM
Ubisoft I understand that you guys did an incredible amount of work bringing us unity and rouge in the same year while coding the unity engine from scratch but **** this game sucks. I have loved the assassins creed series from AC1 and have done my best to 100% complete the games. Who made the decision to give every peice of **** guard in the game a gun? Also why do I have no mechanics to block or evade their shots? Really what the hell Ubisoft their bullets kill in 2 shots.
Ubisoft you really need to amp up your efforts in the next assassins creed, drop the micro transactions. We already payed you $60 for the game and people like me who buy the season pass pay closer to $100. Don't be EA.
Secondly you need to bring back using a human shield for bullet evasion, screw the multiplayer in the single player mode. No one wants to be under powered and required to have friends playing, while your at it bring back the counter kills and kill streaks they were simply amazing.
If you need a road map for a successful combination then revamp black flag it was one of the most amazing games ive played, you know minus the walking around the abstergo building for hours although the hacking was fun as hell. ‪#‎fixassassinscreed‬ (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/fixassassinscreed?source=feed_text&story_id=10152560215341366)

you fit into the camp of "the game is too hard for me so it's the game's fault". nope. it's not. you are just not used to it. the game gives you most of the things you need to handle the challenge but you have to get better at them. and it's not like ACU is a super hard game. the thing is - it's harder than previous AC games, mainly because previous AC games seem to be aimed for.... well... everyone. from 30 year old males to 80 year old housewives. UBI made completely sure that everyone within their demographic audience can complete the game no problem, as if people lose or die they will start crying on the forums that their games are too hard...

...oh.... wait...

:)

anyways, AC has been a cakewalk. UBi finally did something to make combat challenging enough so you cant fight 220 guards and win on your own. in the beginning of the game its hard even handing 4. if you played a lot of other AC games than you will need to UNLEARN them. this game works differently. it's like trying to play splinter cell like you play COD. it wont work. splinter cell is a stealth game that lets you handle small groups but not open combat with many. ACU is the same. get used to it.

upgrade your health at least once (i finished the game without upgrading it more than once. just so you know its possible) and learn how many enemies you CAN handle. if you are in a conflict beyond that number - RUN.

enemies with pistols will give you a long warning, as stated above. dodge when you see the crosshairs become red.

take out snipers before you engage ground enemies.

buy better gear. unlike every other AC game, this time better gear actually helps. better weapons are important.

i dont know what sequence you are on, but the fatal strike and heavy attack skills are really important.

if you get into combat really often than save skill points and get the healing skill from the health category. this allows you to heal yourself somewhat without using medicine. helpful in SP!

ACU isnt broken. it just plays like a game that requires you some skill. slightly different skill than older AC game. you need to learn it as if it was a new game.

check this thread. see if anything helps a bit. or contribute.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/994333-Small-gameplay-tips-from-the-community-to-AC-U?p=10512962

jew64
01-15-2015, 06:52 PM
you fit into the camp of "the game is too hard for me so it's the game's fault". nope. it's not. you are just not used to it. the game gives you most of the things you need to handle the challenge but you have to get better at them. and it's not like ACU is a super hard game. the thing is - it's harder than previous AC games, mainly because previous AC games seem to be aimed for.... well... everyone. from 30 year old males to 80 year old housewives. UBI made completely sure that everyone within their demographic audience can complete the game no problem, as if people lose or die they will start crying on the forums that their games are too hard...

...oh.... wait...

:)

anyways, AC has been a cakewalk. UBi finally did something to make combat challenging enough so you cant fight 220 guards and win on your own. in the beginning of the game its hard even handing 4. if you played a lot of other AC games than you will need to UNLEARN them. this game works differently. it's like trying to play splinter cell like you play COD. it wont work. splinter cell is a stealth game that lets you handle small groups but not open combat with many. ACU is the same. get used to it.

upgrade your health at least once (i finished the game without upgrading it more than once. just so you know its possible) and learn how many enemies you CAN handle. if you are in a conflict beyond that number - RUN.

enemies with pistols will give you a long warning, as stated above. dodge when you see the crosshairs become red.

take out snipers before you engage ground enemies.

buy better gear. unlike every other AC game, this time better gear actually helps. better weapons are important.

i dont know what sequence you are on, but the fatal strike and heavy attack skills are really important.

if you get into combat really often than save skill points and get the healing skill from the health category. this allows you to heal yourself somewhat without using medicine. helpful in SP!

ACU isnt broken. it just plays like a game that requires you some skill. slightly different skill than older AC game. you need to learn it as if it was a new game.

check this thread. see if anything helps a bit. or contribute.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/994333-Small-gameplay-tips-from-the-community-to-AC-U?p=10512962

I dont know if a PC player would be having the same expence a Xbox One player like myself is having. But I appreciate the tips. I want to like this game. I've got the assassins creed symbol tattooed on my arm and I have alot of faith in Ubisoft

DynaRider
01-15-2015, 07:26 PM
I think our assassins could be compared to a Shaolin kung foo master, a ninja or Chuck Norris. Capable of taking on and defeating multiple attackers using skills and abilities average mortals don''t possess. Throwing in a sniper, unseen and not involved in the skirmish, who can take you out with one shot while you're busy dispatching attackers is nothing but frustrating and irritating. I'm guessing that one of the features that have made AC so popular is the near invincibility of the assassins and their ability to see and do things others cannot. Assassin's Creed is not about combat but is about an assassin who is charged with eliminating enemies of the order and given extraordinary abilities to accomplish it. If combat is your forte there are probably hundreds of other games that will test your mettle, reflexes and fighting capabilities. UBI should not forget what made the game popular enough that players would line up at midnight on a cold night just to get a new release. Increasing the frustration level and throwing in gratuitous near impossible situations will only drive away players who have been happy with the AC series since day one.

Jackdaw951
01-15-2015, 07:32 PM
In addition to topeira's detailed post: get ranged armor, and smoke bombs break the shooters' line of sight. Peace, out.

leonjr10
01-15-2015, 08:22 PM
Its frustrating seeing what couldve been one of the best AC games, in terms of gameplay, drag itself down because of bugs. And its more frustrating, in my opinion, seeing a great company like Ubisoft fall off with a messy game like this one.
I play these games and love them for their dope gameplay, story, connection to history, and imaginative exploration into the 1st civilization and how we all got here.
But they ****ed up with this one, and I feel they've been ****ing up since Desmond came out of the picture, but that's up for debate.
The fact that they sold people, which includes loyal AC fans as well as new ones, an unfinished game and tried to "apologize" with an unfinished DLC is ********. Just because every other huge corporation is treating their customers like **** doesnt mean you have to as well, Ubisoft.
Ill probably let this go and buy the next one, but it's because I trust in Ubisoft's ability to make great games, not this ****.