PDA

View Full Version : can't download dead kings in uplay

jameswong56
01-15-2015, 04:17 AM
I saw some threads saying that an auto-update will pops out when you start ACU. But when i launch the game , nothing pops out. Also i saw dead kings is available in the DLC list, but it saids "BUY NOW" and when i clicked on it, it linked me to the store? What should I do ? UBISOFT!!!

Akhkharu2012
01-15-2015, 04:32 AM
My ACU is pc uplay physical version, and got exactly the same problem. This game is totally a mess! If Ubisoft doesn't fix this, I do believe ACU will be the last Ubi's game I purchased!

PCGameplayZ
01-15-2015, 07:40 AM
I have it on Uplay. The last time I played it was before Christmas. I opened Uplay for the first time since then, and right after pressing PLAY on AC Unity, a pop-up appeared asking me to download both the 1.4 patch(I was still running 1.3) and the Dead Kings DLC. Both of them were 13GB in total. When the download finished, I launched AC Unity but there were no DLC to be found in-game.

In Uplay under the DLC section I have Dead Kings as "OWNED", and on top of that says "Copy code to clipboard". When I'm pasting the code on the redeem section, it says that I already own the game...

I'm only in sequence 4. Do I need to progress further into story to be able to play the DLC? I can't find any trace of the DLC being owned while I'm in the menu options.

Anykeyer
01-15-2015, 07:51 AM
I think you need to finish at least seq 4. But it would be better if you finish the main story first. Else you risk getting trapped in a content that's too hard for your current equipment and unlocked skills.

razzy1319
01-15-2015, 08:18 AM
I saw some threads saying that an auto-update will pops out when you start ACU. But when i launch the game , nothing pops out. Also i saw dead kings is available in the DLC list, but it saids "BUY NOW" and when i clicked on it, it linked me to the store? What should I do ? UBISOFT!!!

Getting the same problem. APAC region.

jameswong56
01-15-2015, 08:35 AM
Actually I live in Hong Kong , so maybe this problem only exists in APAC region ?

carura
01-15-2015, 09:35 AM
Same here!
I got the ac unity through disc.
And the Uplay app shows Dead Kings, but I don't see where to download it
No update pop up
No download button
Nothing.
It's already Jan 15 :(

jameswong56
01-15-2015, 11:25 AM
Hey guys, I just restarted my uplay and now I'm able to download the DLC. So I think ubisoft is restoring the download service in ACPC region
:p

PCGameplayZ
01-16-2015, 08:37 PM
So regarding to my situation, I had to complete sequence 4 and then head on to one of the two spots on the map to travel to the DLC location. It would have been easier if this was posted somewhere. Anyway, I feel pretty stupid now :P

P.S.
I just wanted to try out the DLC and see if it's working. I didn't played it at all, and skipped all the cut-scenes. I'll finish my main game first.

PCGameplayZ
01-16-2015, 08:40 PM
Guys I know I'm getting out of topic here, but I didn't found a straight answer to that on web. Will I be able to play with my friend online? He's on PS4 and I'm obviously on the PC version. Will this work at all? If anyone could reply or tell me where to post a thread about this..

Thanks a lot:)

YazX_
01-16-2015, 08:47 PM
Guys I know I'm getting out of topic here, but I didn't found a straight answer to that on web. Will I be able to play with my friend online? He's on PS4 and I'm obviously on the PC version. Will this work at all? If anyone could reply or tell me where to post a thread about this..

Thanks a lot:)

No, all Ubisoft games are not cross-platform, so you both need to play on the same platform.