PDA

View Full Version : Any way to turn off Unity auto detect controller ?

calranthe
01-15-2015, 12:46 AM
I play using mouse and keyboard but I have a steering wheel connected to my pc and at random times even if the wheel gets breathed on (it is sensitive) the game starts accepting that as an input making my character walk in one direction until I quit and restart.

Yes I can unplug the wheel but I do use it often for ETS2 and the crew every time I unplug I have to recalibrate the wheel.

Any solutions to this ?

Ansellbwoy
01-15-2015, 12:49 AM
Not sure about turning off auto detect. But one idea is,,,,, could you play with the steering wheel? That would be pretty awesome

calranthe
01-15-2015, 12:55 AM
For a laugh lets take this as a suggestion and explain why it would not work, yes the wheel has a dpad + enough buttons to control the character the problem is the wheel itself, it is an active sensor and has 900 degree of turn which means if you tried to use the wheel as a game pad your char would end up walking in a single direction.

Ansellbwoy
01-15-2015, 12:56 AM
For a laugh lets take this as a suggestion and explain why it would not work, yes the wheel has a dpad + enough buttons to control the character the problem is the wheel itself, it is an active sensor and has 900 degree of turn which means if you tried to use the wheel as a game pad your char would end up walking in a single direction.

Im pretty gutted it wouldnt work to be honest. Accelerate could be run, brake could be sneak. I had it all worked out.