PDA

View Full Version : What was up with... [Dead Kings SPOILERS]

Aphex_Tim
01-14-2015, 07:55 PM
...Elise suddenly appearing and Arno chasing her? When it happened I though it would build to some conclusion/explanation as we proceeded in the story but it was a one time thing only and it wasn't brought up again later on.
Could just be Arno having trouble with Elise's death and him thinking he recognized her, but Elise has a pretty distinct appearance... Especially with the bright red hair.
When Arno caught "her" she turned out to apparently be just a thief but I truly can't imagine Arno mistaking a poor thief for Elise...
Am I over-thinking this?

Kaschra
01-14-2015, 09:11 PM
Yeah, that scene was... weird.
At first I thought it was just Arno's mind playing tricks on him, but no, turns out that woman simply had exactly the same clothes and hair as Elise?
Oh, what a coincidence :rolleyes:

VoXngola
01-14-2015, 09:20 PM
At first I thought it was just Arno's mind playing tricks on him, but no, turns out that woman simply had exactly the same clothes and hair as Elise?

Don't forget the voice.

Kaschra
01-14-2015, 09:23 PM
Don't forget the voice.

I thought it was a different voice? It didn't sound the same to me.

Namikaze_17
01-14-2015, 09:26 PM
So much for Elise being Unique...

Someone else can dress like her. :rolleyes:

Altair1789
01-14-2015, 10:39 PM
It was just a random lady with the exact same hair, clothes, hair style, and everything else

Other than that though, I thought Dead Kings was a really fun DLC

BloodyAugust
01-14-2015, 10:40 PM
So much for Elise being Unique...

Someone else can dress like her. :rolleyes:

Well to be fair every time you play co-op 3 dudes dress up like Arno. :P

Littlepanda115
01-06-2016, 09:44 PM

One (as that other dude said) the voice and 2 in the progress log it states that Elise has appeared in the tavern so perhaps it is really Elise and she has faked her death and taken a fake name?? Idk

cawatrooper9
01-06-2016, 09:58 PM
One (as that other dude said) the voice and 2 in the progress log it states that Elise has appeared in the tavern so perhaps it is really Elise and she has faked her death and taken a fake name?? Idk

Arno would've recognized Elise, it definitely wasn't her.

This scene was just placed in the story around a time when Arno was considering leaving the country- seeing what he believes to be Elise (and actually thinking that it is indeed her) represents that he's still holding on to his grief. Not long after this, he decided to take on his mantle as an Assassin again and "save France", as that annoying Leon kid keeps saying.

Bipolar Matt
01-08-2016, 03:11 PM

No...:p

Elise did not fake her death. Honestly, I don't know why people jump to these faked death or not really dead conclusions all the time. I saw somebody on here sometime say that the guy who is with Ezio as he passes away at the end of Embers is Cesare Borgia who survived the fall off the castle and returned to poison Ezio. It's quite honestly silly and ridiculous.

She got wrecked by the energy released when the Sword of Eden exploded. That and the blunt force trauma of being thrown against the stone pillars that hard. No, she's gone.

Besides, Arno checked her for signs of life. Nothing. And I don't personally believe Elise would have had the heart to put Arno through all that, emotionally. Especially after they would have achieved their goal of revenge on Germain. So it makes no sense at all to fake her death.

Finally...for what reason would she fake her death? After all she worked for in taking down Germain, she could have then taken her place as head of the French Templars, reformed the order and undone Germain's changes.

Ureh
01-08-2016, 08:12 PM
To go underground, to rebuild. Both sides have used near-extinction to their advantage. The Assassins would think she's dead and grow complacent. Months later she'll resurface and recruit Arno to the cause. Good.... (in palpatine/germain voice for effect).

cawatrooper9
01-08-2016, 09:06 PM
To go underground, to rebuild. Both sides have used near-extinction to their advantage. The Assassins would think she's dead and grow complacent. Months later she'll resurface and recruit Arno to the cause. Good.... (in palpatine/germain voice for effect).

I mean, if that was anywhere near how she was characterized in Unity, that might make more sense.

But, I guess one could argue that her brush with death skewed her mind a little bit. Could be an interesting plot, but it's incredibly unlikely.

Man Anarkia
02-10-2016, 07:43 PM
Well to be fair every time you play co-op 3 dudes dress up like Arno. :P
it's barely noticeable because were always wearing hoods.