PDA

View Full Version : Who else thought the Dead Kings DLC was terrible? *Potential Spoilers*

MontrossXGMR
01-14-2015, 11:46 AM
Boring and pointless is the best way I can describe it.

I can't believe how much fun Black Flag was compared to everything about Unity. This really is a step back in the Assassins Creed franchise.......I only hope that AC Victory can improve upon the clunky mechanics, glitches, bad story, and so much more that Unity and Dead Kings failed on.

VoXngola
01-14-2015, 02:38 PM
Boring and pointless like you said, just like the main game. Instead of building upon the ending and giving us answers, Arno suddenly has some desire to travel to Egypt as soon as possible. Why? justcause lol. In the trailer he clearly says "maybe I can hide here", implying that he wants to leave Paris and go to Franciade just forget everything that had happened. Now it's suddenly Egypt.

Also, come on. Why did Napoleon know about that door? Why does he suspect an apple of eden behind that door? What exactly happened to his first apple of eden we saw in Unity? What I found disappointing as well is that Arno and Napoleon didn't have an encounter. Are you for real?

What the, excuse me, **** was up with those "ghosts"? It's not explained. Out of the blue, there are ghosts or ghostlike creatures that serve no purpose other than activating the puzzles. What baffles me the most about this is how our dear Arno reacts. Instead of asking himself "what is this?" He straight up doesn't give a damn and says "There" or "that's it" like it's a normal thing. Almost as angering as how the sword of eden was "handled" in the main game. Like, really?

I'm not done yet, what IS that manuscript and WHY does Sade want it so much? I found it disappointing that it was yet another apple again. We've had how many of them now? This DLC serves no purpose other than "teasing" egypt as a setting.

At this point it really is apparent to me that Ubisoft either tryhards to create unnecessary mystery or they TRULY don't know what to do anymore. This was hands down the worst DLC. Can't believe Jeffrey Yohalem wrote this and Ubi Montpellier developed this. To think that countless of people bought a season pass for this...thankfully it became free.

Oh, and Leon? He was an annoying brat.

Aphex_Tim
01-14-2015, 02:42 PM
I've been playing for almost 30 minutes now and I'm still on the first mission. Because boy oh boy is it tough going back to Unity's unresponsive controls and telepathic guards after having played Shadow of Mordor for two weeks...

"Do not get into confilct" is the bonus objective. Honestly, conflict is basically all I've been doing since launching the game again..... The "opportunities" are bloody pointless as well. I create a riot to distract the guards, yet when I sneak by, they somehow all notice me while busy fighting rioters. I play the organ to distract guards but it only attracts to two most pointless, insignificant guards in the area. It's like they're deliberately trying to break stealth.
Not the best first impression.....

Eagle6TB
01-14-2015, 02:43 PM
it was free because Unity was broken and they felt bad for us.. but all they did was replace it with another broken game. what a joke.

Aphex_Tim
01-14-2015, 03:10 PM
Okay, the game just had Arno walk towards a guard IN A CUTSCENE DURING A STEALTH MISSION and then ended the cutscene. Bravo game, now I've truly seen it all. I'm really starting to feel like Ubi is encouraging us to use stealth in this game, then punishing us for actually trying to use stealth...

Namikaze_17
01-14-2015, 03:42 PM
Everything's terrible these days, huh? :rolleyes:

But I haven't watched DK, I'll give my opinion on it later.

Bastiaen
01-14-2015, 04:31 PM
Hey Aphex,
That really isn't too tough a mission, nor are the challenges that bad. If you need help, here is my video guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsGHqy2fAEU

PissedMoreBlood
01-14-2015, 05:10 PM
it was free because Unity was broken and they felt bad for us.. but all they did was replace it with another broken game. what a joke.

This^^^^^^

pablovi77
01-14-2015, 07:20 PM
How do you even start the DLC??? The wagon outside my house is still not unlocked.

Perk89
01-14-2015, 07:25 PM
Boring and pointless like you said, just like the main game. Instead of building upon the ending and giving us answers, Arno suddenly has some desire to travel to Egypt as soon as possible. Why? justcause lol. In the trailer he clearly says "maybe I can hide here", implying that he wants to leave Paris and go to Franciade just forget everything that had happened. Now it's suddenly Egypt.

Also, come on. Why did Napoleon know about that door? Why does he suspect an apple of eden behind that door? What exactly happened to his first apple of eden we saw in Unity? What I found disappointing as well is that Arno and Napoleon didn't have an encounter. Are you for real?

What the, excuse me, **** was up with those "ghosts"? It's not explained. Out of the blue, there are ghosts or ghostlike creatures that serve no purpose other than activating the puzzles. What baffles me the most about this is how our dear Arno reacts. Instead of asking himself "what is this?" He straight up doesn't give a damn and says "There" or "that's it" like it's a normal thing. Almost as angering as how the sword of eden was "handled" in the main game. Like, really?

I'm not done yet, what IS that manuscript and WHY does Sade want it so much? I found it disappointing that it was yet another apple again. We've had how many of them now? This DLC serves no purpose other than "teasing" egypt as a setting.

At this point it really is apparent to me that Ubisoft either tryhards to create unnecessary mystery or they TRULY don't know what to do anymore. This was hands down the worst DLC. Can't believe Jeffrey Yohalem wrote this and Ubi Montpellier developed this. To think that countless of people bought a season pass for this...thankfully it became free.

Oh, and Leon? He was an annoying brat.

i dont think they were teasing Egypt, I think the only mention of it was when Arno sent the Apple to Cairo, which I'm pretty sure we were supposed to take to mean that it was the Apple that William Miles goes to retrieve in AC3.

which is neat, but it therein lies the real problem. That moment was as much commitment Ubisoft has shown to the narrative throughout the entire game. Whereas that would've been a nice Easter egg, it was the big "plot moment" of the story. From an outsider's perspective, it looks as if Ubisoft has an idea on how they want to conclude the series and maybe an idea or two in between, but beyond that, it just comes across as if they have no idea what they want to do with these characters-either historical or modern day. We've now got a growing contingent of characters who Ubisoft has In metaphorical stasis tubes so they can whip them out as fresh as can be when they get to the big "moment" they're saving up for, either because they're so scared of writing themselves into narrative corner when that time comes or because they simply don't know what they want to do with them.

its also entirely possible that Ubi isn't sure if the general public will like these characters while the game is in development so they only half-cook their stories up in an effort to leave room for future sequels after they see how people take to them

DisbandedBox359
01-14-2015, 08:33 PM
i dont think they were teasing Egypt, I think the only mention of it was when Arno sent the Apple to Cairo, which I'm pretty sure we were supposed to take to mean that it was the Apple that William Miles goes to retrieve in AC3.

Except William never went there for the apple of eden, it was the grand temple power source if I remember correctly

Hood2theBurbs
01-14-2015, 08:46 PM
Arno just wants to get out of France period he doesn't care where he's going. If you need them to spell out why he wants to leave France then that's on you. The ghost were just projections nothing else how much of an explanation is needed? The only thing that they don't explain is how exactly does Napoleon have so much knowledge about First Civ artifacts.

Perk89
01-14-2015, 08:52 PM
Except William never went there for the apple of eden, it was the grand temple power source if I remember correctly

Yep, you're right. So we have yet another Apple in play. Ugh.

auditorevita
01-14-2015, 08:54 PM
When I finished the Dead Kings, I thought Dead Kings was terrible.

UBI haven't reflected on UBI's actions at all.

UBI , please reflect on.

RA503
01-14-2015, 09:06 PM
The database updates after you beat the DLC with the information about Napoleon's prison, it said that after a short time he is released and start his campaign in egypt (like in the history books)Shaun ponctuate that napoleon found something in cairo,is the apple, the golden thing that he collect in the sequence 8 is probably only the key.

VoXngola
01-14-2015, 09:24 PM
Arno just wants to get out of France period he doesn't care where he's going. If you need them to spell out why he wants to leave France then that's on you. The ghost were just projections nothing else how much of an explanation is needed? The only thing that they don't explain is how exactly does Napoleon have so much knowledge about First Civ artifacts.

Then they shouldn't imply that he wants to go to Franciade in the trailer.

Just projections? Projections of what exactly? Throwing something like that in there without any sort of explanation is just cheap. I remember when AC was all about detail, not just in the textures and stuff but also in subtle things. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see these ghostly figures ever again.

Reptilis91
01-14-2015, 09:27 PM
It was sooo boring, just like Unity.

BloodyAugust
01-14-2015, 10:43 PM
It was sooo boring, just like Unity.

Really? I actually enjoyed the DLC more then most of the main game. I like the new town more then Paris, it has a cool vibe.

DisbandedBox359
01-14-2015, 11:03 PM
Yep, you're right. So we have yet another Apple in play. Ugh.

How manys that now? haha

ze_topazio
01-14-2015, 11:48 PM
The database updates after you beat the DLC with the information about Napoleon's prison, it said that after a short time he is released and start his campaign in egypt (like in the history books)Shaun ponctuate that napoleon found something in cairo,is the apple, the golden thing that he collect in the sequence 8 is probably only the key.

http://www.stripersonline.com/content/type/61/id/1782609/flags/LL

Assassin_M
01-15-2015, 12:44 AM
Nah, not terrible. It was great. Would'v been just good if I was charged but for a free product, Dead Kings was great. A little glitchy, though. I'v encountered more glitched than I have with the main game. Incomplete environmental assets as well. I do, however, love the visual update such as adding dynamic, real time lighting that renders real time shadows.

Hood2theBurbs
01-15-2015, 12:48 AM
Then they shouldn't imply that he wants to go to Franciade in the trailer.

Just projections? Projections of what exactly? Throwing something like that in there without any sort of explanation is just cheap. I remember when AC was all about detail, not just in the textures and stuff but also in subtle things. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see these ghostly figures ever again.

When have the trailers ever been 100% accurate? Arno had a beard in the trailer and didn't in game wanna complain about that too? When they introduced Elise she was Arno rescued her from being executed by the guillotine, does that happen in game? Hell Connor looked like white man in his trailer. So please don't use the trailers.

Really? AC full of details? AC games have been vague from the get go. Sure they gave us some answers but only for them to hint at something else. Those phantoms are just projections maybe to scare off raiders maybe to help solve puzzles they really aren't important or worth getting worked up over.

Assassin_M
01-15-2015, 12:50 AM
Really? AC full of details? AC games have been vague from the get go. Sure they gave us some answers but only for them to hint at something else. Those phantoms are just projections maybe to scare off raiders maybe to help solve puzzles they really aren't important or worth getting worked up over.
Lol exactly, they were no different from Minerva or Juno in AC II and ACB. No one explained how that worked but now people are up in arms. It's just like Arno's ability to read memories. No body bats an eye when Altair, Ezio, Connor and Edward can have convos with dying people for 5 minutes but Arno reads memories and it's "lazy" HA!

Hood2theBurbs
01-15-2015, 01:20 AM
Lol exactly, they were no different from Minerva or Juno in AC II and ACB. No one explained how that worked but now people are up in arms. It's just like Arno's ability to read memories. No body bats an eye when Altair, Ezio, Connor and Edward can have convos with dying people for 5 minutes but Arno reads memories and it's "lazy" HA!

Well said, I can think of only one valid complaint for Dead Kings and that was that Alex Amancio claimed that this story was gonna be the darkest we'd seen from the franchise to date. What we got instead was a campy AC style Indiana Jones adventure which wasn't all that bad and would have been better if they released it for Halloween.

Assassin_M
01-15-2015, 01:25 AM
Well said, I can think of only one valid complaint for Dead Kings and that was that Alex Amancio claimed that this story was gonna be the darkest we'd seen from the franchise to date. What we got instead was a campy AC style Indiana Jones adventure which wasn't all that bad and would have been better if they released it for Halloween.
Yeah, I don't understand how this was dark at all. I thought the scene in ACU where a guy had his friggin leg sewn off was WAY darker than anything in Dead Kings. Anyway, really solid DLC. Best one? not really, I still like Freedom Cry and Tyranny better but it was really great to see how Arno gets back with the Assassins and how he moves on with his life. I also don't know why people keep saying Leon is annoying. I liked the little ****er.

harsab
01-15-2015, 01:31 AM
i really hope Victory comes out in 2016 & this year we get a game set in Cairo Egypt where we finally get to see ''Eve'' & concludes Arnos story. Also throw Connor & Shay in the game too. Give everyone closure.
The ending of the DLC Suggests Egypt strongly even though i doubt it will happen.
Would be great imo.

RA503
01-15-2015, 01:39 AM
I think that we can have a prologue in egypt for victory like de molay sequence in unity(the bladed cross maybe)explaining the origin of the ankh before they go to london (the ankh is a ritualistic element in the hermetic order of golden down).

Hood2theBurbs
01-15-2015, 01:58 AM
Yeah, I don't understand how this was dark at all. I thought the scene in ACU where a guy had his friggin leg sewn off was WAY darker than anything in Dead Kings. Anyway, really solid DLC. Best one? not really, I still like Freedom Cry and Tyranny better but it was really great to see how Arno gets back with the Assassins and how he moves on with his life. I also don't know why people keep saying Leon is annoying. I liked the little ****er.

Some people just don't like kids I guess. Anyway I'd say Dead Kings was pretty solid and I had some decent fun with it. The story was enjoyable, I liked spooking the raiders by killing captains, something I thought would be stupid until I started killing them off from dark corners of the ruins, and watching them scurry like rats. Plus we got more First Civ content and another sequence of using an apple so all in all pretty good.

ShoryukenMan
01-15-2015, 04:11 AM
I... did not enjoy this game. I did not enjoy the dlc...

The only good thing about this game, imo, was the city itself. I've never been so bored playing an AC game before. The only reason I finished is because I love the series in general. I wanted/hoped this game would go somewhere. I'm so glad that I didn't spend a penny of my own money on this game. Got it as a Christmas gift. This is the only AC that I'll never play again. The was a glitch fest. The frame rate was awful. The story was uninteresting. The characters were garbage, although I did like Elise. The combat was boring. The stealth doesn't work. The parkour is crap. The locked chests and content sucks. There's almost nothing redeemable in this game in my eyes, except, as I already mentioned, Paris itself.

This is all just my opinion, though. For those of you who found enjoyment out of the main game and the dlc, I'm happy for you. I just wish I could've as well.

MontrossXGMR
01-15-2015, 04:18 AM
I... did not enjoy this game. I did not enjoy the dlc...

The only good thing about this game, imo, was the city itself. I've never been so bored playing an AC game before. The only reason I finished is because I love the series in general. I wanted/hoped this game would go somewhere. I'm so glad that I didn't spend a penny of my own money on this game. Got it as a Christmas gift. This is the only AC that I'll never play again. The was a glitch fest. The frame rate was awful. The story was uninteresting. The characters were garbage, although I did like Elise. The combat was boring. The stealth doesn't work. The parkour is crap. The locked chests and content sucks. There's almost nothing redeemable in this game in my eyes, except, as I already mentioned, Paris itself.

This is all just my opinion, though. For those of you who found enjoyment out of the main game and the dlc, I'm happy for you. I just wish I could've as well.

This is very similar to how i feel about Unity. The game was WAY more frustrating than fun 90% of the time.

Altair1789
01-15-2015, 04:25 AM
I disliked the main story, but I really liked Dead Kings. It doesn't completely redeem Ubisoft, but it does make me look at this game and Arno with a much better attitude. I've mentioned this a lot now, but if they make a helix menu DLC, that'll completely redeem the entire company in my eyes

Journey93
01-15-2015, 04:33 AM
I just completed it and it was trash just like the main game too many unexplained things and freaking teasers it didn't improve the story of Unity as I hoped
I don't get it what happened to Ubisoft? especially since only a year before we had Black Flag which was GOTY for many people and a great game

If they don't get it right with Victory I'm out

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2015, 04:46 AM
This was the best DLC we've had for the franchise. It sits slightly above Freedom Cry. --And that's regardless of the price tag.

First of all, if you didn't enjoy the game (or like it for that matter), of course you won't enjoy its DLC. It's more of the same game, but in a different light. That said, this DLC does everything right.

* A substantial new setting with its own culture and atmosphere
* A new soundtrack, which I thoroughly enjoyed
* Writing and story was well done, courtesy of Jeffrey Yohalem
* Significant amount of missions, some new and innovative
* New customization equipment, tools, and weapons that plays well with the setting
* Part of the seamless Unity experience.

Instead of taking you out of the game like Freedom Cry and TToKW, Dead Kings remains a part of Unity's world. And it wasn't ripped content like AC2's DLCs, but an extension that furthers Arno's character arc. It's like Da Vinci's Disappearance, but much grander.

The blunderbuss and firecrackers were awesome, but I'll have to hand it to the the lantern and guillotine gun. The lantern does a good job of adding an additional coat to the navigation and puzzles, and it helps sets the atmosphere in Dead Kings. The firecrackers are a decent distraction tool, but it was easily forgotten and just felt out of place in Freedom Cry. The blunderbuss was fun to use, and I LOVE its killer animations, but it just didn't work well in stealth (you'll kill your crew mates during boarding or just alert all the guards and cause havoc in a plantation) and wasn't nowhere as practical as Edward's quadruple pistols. The guillotine gun not only worked well in combat, but it surprisingly works well in stealth scenarios as well.

I'll say this now, I'm NOT a fan of puzzles/tombs in AC. It felt so out of place in the Ezio Trilogy, but it fits comfortably in Dead Kings' narrative, setting, and gameplay. The tomb is a whole new underground world. It's like AC3's underground tunnels mixed with the Ezio's Trilogy catacombs. They're open-ended and offer plenty of navigation, stealth, and combat opportunities (yes, opportunities, not scenarios --that's right, actual freedom of play in tombs). I'm liking this new direction with the franchise. There's so much freedom of opportunities in just about everything. It makes jumping into AC3, my 2nd fav, a hard experience.

I'm not going to do a complete VS comparison, but overall, I think it's the best DLC we've had yet.

MontrossXGMR
01-15-2015, 04:51 AM
This was the best DLC we've had for the franchise. It sits slightly above Freedom Cry. --And that's regardless of the price tag.

First of all, if you didn't enjoy the game (or like it for that matter), of course you won't enjoy its DLC. It's more of the same game, but in a different light. That said, this DLC does everything right.

* A substantial new setting with its own culture and atmosphere
* A new soundtrack, which I thoroughly enjoyed
* Writing and story was well done, courtesy of Jeffrey Yohalem
* Significant amount of missions, some new and innovative
* New customization equipment, tools, and weapons that played well with the setting
* Part of the seamless Unity experience.

Instead of taking you out of the game like Freedom Cry and TToKW, Dead Kings remains a part of Unity's world. And it wasn't ripped content like AC2's DLCs, but an extension that furthers Arno's character arc. It's like Da Vinci's Disappearance, but much grander.

The blunderbuss and firecrackers were awesome, but I'll have to hand it to the the lantern and guillotine gun. The lantern does a good job of adding an additional coat to the navigation and puzzles, and it helps sets the atmosphere in Dead Kings. The firecrackers are a decent distraction tool, but it was easily forgotten and just felt out of place in Freedom Cry. The blunderbuss was fun to use, and I LOVE its killer animations, but it just didn't work well in stealth (you'll kill your crew mates during boarding or just alert all the guards and cause havoc in a plantation) and wasn't nowhere as practical as Edward's quadruple pistols. The guillotine gun not only worked well in combat, but it surprisingly works well in stealth scenarios as well.

I'm not going to do a complete VS comparison, but overall, I think it's the best DLC we've had yet.

Anyone can describe a turd to sound nice. Doesn't change the fact that its still a turd

Namikaze_17
01-15-2015, 04:53 AM
Dead Kings was alright.

What interested me most was Arno apparently sending the artifact to the Mentor in Cairo, Egypt.

However, it is quite a trip between France & Egypt.

Wouldn't surprise me if a certain Hunter got in between all of that.

Or at least died trying. :rolleyes:

I disliked the main story, but I really liked Dead Kings. It doesn't completely redeem Ubisoft, but it does make me look at this game and Arno with a much better attitude.

This.

Perk89
01-15-2015, 05:11 AM
It was alright. The overall environment felt more 'Assassins Creedy' than Paris did and that was nice. Leon was nice, as were the various outfits (which Im realizing more and more that I prefer over the customization system) and such and a couple other things. I can say I wasn't looking forward to going back to Paris. The plot was kind of pointless though and didn't do much for the story or the AC universe. It was also so predictable that it was unpredictable, and there was a number of missed opportunities that could have made it a lot better. The DLC obviously suffered from Unity's broken mechanics as well which was frustrating, but the slowed down gameplay beneath the city and such masked that to am extent.

it wasn't on the level of past DLC's, but I do appreciate that it is an actual part of the narrative and not a side story. Haven't had that since Ezio.

Assassin_M
01-15-2015, 05:17 AM
Anyone can describe a turd to sound nice. Doesn't change the fact that its still a turd
Grow up, mate.

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2015, 05:35 AM
I forgot this forum sucks now. Diverse opinions are of the devil, my bad.

Namikaze_17
01-15-2015, 05:48 AM
i forgot this forum sucks now. Diverse opinions are of the devil, my bad.

Demon! How dare you have an opinion?! Only hell waits for your kind! :rolleyes:

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2015, 05:52 AM
Demon! How dare you* have an opinion*! Only hell awaits* your kind! :rolleyes:

I just grammar nazi'd ur post. Nowwwww I'm a full-fledged demon.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/77/153802229_7aa39cb455.jpg

Peluso_killer
01-15-2015, 06:02 AM
Nahh It was actually pretty good,great setting and story they should delay Victory and give us a game in Egypt

JustPlainQuirky
01-15-2015, 06:31 AM
The beginning and end were good.

The middle was yuck.

The kid leon or whatever was annoying, treating arno like spiderman and involved for no reason.

The scene with elise was weird. Who the hell looks and dresses exactly like elise.

the writing was embarrassing at times. i honestly felt like i was watching spiderman 2 on fast forward.

I did like that the music (tho not amazing) felt more like paris than Unity's soundtrack.

the gameplay was boring tho

I only really liked the beginning and end and the snippet of eve.

good lore stuff. ironically more than what unity offered in it's main story. it even sounds like it's leading somewhere...

and im glad arno didnt bring up elise every 5 seconds

but didnt understand how arno got over elise because of this specific journey. Unless that stupid kid prompted spiderman to finally put on his mask and save new york once more.

so overall

i didnt enjoy the journey but i enjoyed the beginning and end.

better than unity, but i enjoyed ToKW and freedom cry more due to length, music and other reasons. tho ToKW was admittedly 99% filler. (and aside from box so was FC)

just my feelings

dont care enough to debate tho cuz i will prolly forget this DLC even exists in a bit

Hood2theBurbs
01-15-2015, 07:16 AM
Dead Kings was alright.

What interested me most was Arno apparently sending the artifact to the Mentor in Cairo, Egypt.

However, it is quite a trip between France & Egypt.

Wouldn't surprise me if a certain Hunter got in between all of that.

Or at least died trying. :rolleyes:

OH,I like that idea! Although it is implied that Napoleon eventually gets his hands on it

Aphex_Tim
01-15-2015, 07:25 AM
I might give Dead Kings another shot soon; I was in a terrible mood yesterday so that might've effected my experience... :rolleyes:

But another thing I don't really understand:
From the moment Arno meets Napoleon in AC:U, they become best buds and help each other out where they can. Then in Dead Kings, Arno steals from Napoleon and messes up his plans for whatever reason. He flat out ignores him when his carriage comes by. Then in the AC:U epilogue, they seem to be pals again? What's Arno's deal here?

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2015, 07:58 AM
I might give Dead Kings another shot soon; I was in a terrible mood yesterday so that might've effected my experience... :rolleyes:

*sends positive vibes*

ACfan443
01-15-2015, 12:55 PM
Whenever I'm running along rooftops or leaping across buildings, the sound of Arno's footsteps will momentarily disappear every now and then. Anyone else getting these intermittent audio drops during gameplay?

EDIT: another question, are Arno's raider robes supposed to switch back to the ones from the main game? I'm two missions in and he's still wearing my custom outfit...

PandaPuff86
01-15-2015, 02:41 PM
After playing Dead Kings, even though it wasn't the best DLC i played, left more questions than answers in one playthrough than any other dlc ac. At least the questions in other dlcs left a straightforward question but this left more "make-no-sense" and "what-the-f--- just happen?" questions. The story itself was lacking action and intensity and no sense of direction. One minute Arno is still mourning and angry about the whole deal from the main story then meets Sade about a manuscript but never explains why he needs it, then sees Elise but no explanation about her purpose, lastly a Piece Of Eden that is not an Apple at all that wasn't explained, the mention of Eve and yet no traction on that front...honestly this was a hot mess with a mere teaser at the end to make fans shut up about the possibility about the next setting to always want Egypt. I just don't get it.

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2015, 02:46 PM
EDIT: another question, are Arno's raider robes supposed to switch back to the ones from the main game? I'm two missions in and he's still wearing my custom outfit...

Yes.

You're free to switch back to it if you like it. That's what I did.

Aphex_Tim
01-15-2015, 03:37 PM
Yes.

You're free to switch back to it if you like it. That's what I did.

The way that happened had me believe that the raider outfit would be unlocked through the story. Arno is wearing it during the intro cutscene, Bishop calls it a glitch and switches you back to your regular outfit. This had me think the Raider outfit would have some significance in the story but as it turned out, you just loot it from some Initiates chest in some catacomb somewhere later on... :nonchalance:

auditorevita
01-15-2015, 03:43 PM
I think Dead Kings was also terrible.
And unity was finished without improvement .

Will AC is improved in ACV?
No, AC will not improve

As long as UBI carry a improvement to the next AC , new AC will low-quality game forever .

They are will not learn unless they are rebuild the UNITY.

Will The same failure is repeated many times unless you guys do not understand this.

This is not a protest to the UBI.
This is a message to the AC's fan .

Bleem7
01-15-2015, 05:26 PM
Things I liked:
—Beautiful surroundings, especially the giant temple;
—Arno had more depth;
—A LOT more cutscenes;
—Puzzles were pretty fun and not annoying;

Things I didn't like:
—A bit too short;
—Narrative was still weak, left more questions than answers and ended VERY unexpectedly;
—There wasn't as much First Civ as I expected and the mask is just very unFirstCivish;
—"Do not cause any conflict" is friggin' sarcasm in this DLC;

So overall, not a terrible DLC but could've definitely been better. Just didn't give enough closure in my opinion.

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2015, 05:29 PM
The way that happened had me believe that the raider outfit would be unlocked through the story. Arno is wearing it during the intro cutscene, Bishop calls it a glitch and switches you back to your regular outfit. This had me think the Raider outfit would have some significance in the story but as it turned out, you just loot it from some Initiates chest in some catacomb somewhere later on... :nonchalance:

Both that and the other are available for purchase as soon as you begin the DLC. The things you unlock are the lantern and guillotine gun.

Aphex_Tim
01-15-2015, 05:42 PM
For purchase? When I went to my outfits menu after the "glitch" was fixed, the Raider and Franciade Guard outfits were locked and I eventually unlocked them by looting Initiates chests...

auditorevita
01-15-2015, 06:05 PM
UBI did not recover the foreshadowing in Dead Kings.why?

SteelCity999
01-15-2015, 07:02 PM
Did we see Victory's assassin in DK? It is odd and convenient how Leon acts, what he says, and his background. If he was just contrived to make DK work it would be shameful. Could Arno be his mentor?

aL_____eX
01-15-2015, 07:40 PM
For purchase? When I went to my outfits menu after the "glitch" was fixed, the Raider and Franciade Guard outfits were locked and I eventually unlocked them by looting Initiates chests...
I thought it was a glitch within a glitch at first. First cutscene, very nice outfit for Arno - cutscene ends, back to my personal customized outfit. What? I have to find the corresponding Initiates chest to unlock the outfit I already used for 5 seconds. Yeeeah... of course. :rolleyes:

Finaldeath89
01-15-2015, 08:17 PM
My biggest complaint is that they added more coop missions but made them both only 2 players and both can only be done privately. Coop was one of the biggest things i liked about this game but it is almost nothing but 2 player missions.

Aphex_Tim
01-15-2015, 08:30 PM
My biggest complaint is that they added more coop missions but made them both only 2 players and both can only be done privately. Coop was one of the biggest things i liked about this game but it is almost nothing but 2 player missions.

Indeed. Now how am I going to show off my flashy purple/green phantom outfit with high heels and a great big feather? Especially now that it's complete because of that awesome Rose Scepter?